kinggregus

The gates of Petraea

I am absolutely overwhelmed by your comments. I did not expect such a warm welcome to GoH. I am quite enthusiast to work on my next build... but this will have to wait a bit as I have a load of pieces to sort.

In responses to some comments:

- I did use some droid arms in between the gaps of the 4x4 macaronis. The arms had to be placed in a specific direction and are actually connected to the inside in order to make sure the building was sturdy.

- For the colour scheme: having acquired all the Prince of Persia sets, I had quite a few bricks in Medium Dark Flesh. I tried the entire colour palette to see what would go best with it, and Medium Blue came perfectly.

I really enjoyed building something for Kaliphlin as I could then build something which was more fantasy, thus this build. I am really looking forward my next one.

Thanks again for your warm welcome!

I am absolutely overwhelmed by your comments. I did not expect such a warm welcome to GoH. I am quite enthusiast to work on my next build... but this will have to wait a bit as I have a load of pieces to sort.

Thanks again for your warm welcome!

A warm welcome is what fits this Forum! :classic: And we are surely glad to have you here with such a build to start of with. Loving the architecture and the bold colors work out brilliantly! Looking forward seeing more!

I really like the vivid colors used at your mocs man... A great moc to start with in GoH! :wub:

Nothing short of astonishing! Massive gate with the right feel to it. I especially like the sky-blue sections! Keep up the great work :thumbup:

Hello!

I always enjoy the Kaliphlin MOCs very much! I hope Lego one day gives us a Middle- Eastern theme or something! Love these kind of buildings! And the camel! :classic: Very beautiful build you got there! Congrats!

As far as I know, LEGO City was the first theme series And it's still popular because much is needed in a city: railway stations, shops etc. So your Oriental creation proves that. Fans like the playability of your creation and that you combined a few different ideas in one set. It would be great to upload it in LEGO ideas

Sorry if I'm echoing others here, but this is a real stunner. That is an impressive amount of med. flesh, and a more impressive use of the limited number of pieces in that color. The gold and blue here really makes this pop, too. I love the two sides of this build - the impenetrable facade and the lively interior scene. So cool to see the doors open too!

Also, welcome to GoH, I know the Kaliphlinites will love to have you!