Sign in to follow this  
SimonJC

[MOC] Crystal Mine Cottage

Hi

I have designed a couple of medieval-style cottages, but I think this is my favourite scale. It's similar to the little buildings in the Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu, and the Medieval Market Village, which i think works really well.

I am planning a medieval mountain village, inspired from the clean lines of Howls Moving Castle and the cartoonish architecture and machinery of Final Fantasy/Zelda RPGs.

I'm most proud of the windows, which I think really characterise that robust, animated style.

Anyway, I'm hoping to construct a few more buildings in this style, and place them in a mountain top village. Although this plan is still pretty fluid at this stage.

I've also experimented with a topo map for a background, from somewhere in regional Victoria...

Thanks for looking : )

25120489349_7a85680d30_z.jpgCrystal Mine Cottage by simon crocker, on Flickr

25369575012_0781eb166f_z.jpgCrystal Mine Cottage by simon crocker, on Flickr

25120486159_217608aebd_z.jpgCrystal Mine Cottage by simon crocker, on Flickr

The cottage looks nice and unusuall. But the roof is rather strange. Before the first LEGO Pirates sets were issued, LEGO Castle was the most impressive series of all. And your classic looking creation proves - why. The combination of stone and wood looks great. I like the playability of your creation. Where is the miner and his family?

Cheers Cap'n, Greeble, and Master!

As for the miner and their family, I'm considering whether the village should be inhabited exclusively by cats....I'll give that one some further thought.

Loving it! Short and sweet, reminds me a bit of Animal Crossing. I especially like the stonework. Good work man!