Hi folks,

currently my Y-Wing is being "build" :wink:

This is also my first post in the Star Wars Theme here on EB :sweet: - (after a long time of only making cars and town related stuff)

Still trying to figure out the cockpit and getting firm connections so it wont fall apart :blush:

Hope you like it, feedback/criticism is always welcome :)

25452313406_86a42778f0_z.jpgY-Wing under construction by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

sry there aint no other pictures, hope i can render a few more soon...

Looking amazing! That's a unique way of doing the cockpit but it works. If only you could fit a Minifig in there... Good shape and angles!

Great job! I love the way the cockpit slopes inward near the front. That's a lot better than LEGO's official design.

Thanks man! Im really trying my best to recreate the real model as good as possible. The TLG versions all look somewhat different so i decided making my own now ;)

Looking amazing! That's a unique way of doing the cockpit but it works. If only you could fit a Minifig in there... Good shape and angles!

Thanks Ellisss! It will eventually fit a minifig, since its in 1/42 scale fitting for minifigs. Currently im working on it, see if i can get enough space without interfering with the connections inside the cockpit^^

here is a pic of the side view (the back of the ship is not how i want it, just so i get a better look at the scaling - its pretty much stolen from the very first y wing set, which i really liked, but i want more detail than that)

24896477623_35ea3e6d0d_b.jpgy wing side view WIP by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr