Just finished this Icarus Supercar and I can say this one is a thing of beauty. The picture cannot do justice how beautiful it is. One of the best supercar if not the best.

800x600.jpg

Just finished this Icarus Supercar and I can say this one is a thing of beauty. The picture cannot do justice how beautiful it is. One of the best supercar if not the best.

I don't know what's better, the car or the view from your window.

to whoever built the model, are you having issues powering the car, i can't even drive 5 feet without it stalling, using x2 Li-po and x2 sbricks and have 2 L motors on each + servo on 1. batteries are fully charged and remote control profile has 2 motors inverted. i don't know what i'm doing wrong here. can anyone help? did anyone modify the Li-po battery to overpass the safety?

You should check all motors and wires. If one of them has a bad contact, it can stall the entire drivetrain.

I fixed the problem, i opened both sbricks and cleaned the little 4 little spokes at the bottom and i also changed both wires (i had more laying around), then i connected the 2 motors with the 36 tooth gear to their own sbrick, and the 2 other ones + the servo to the other, i deleted and reinstalled the sbrick app, it might have had a problem because i updated to IOS 10 GM early. Edited by MLGwookie

Awesome MOC madoca, can't wait to build this!

@Jim Great to see this in the Hall of Fame thread, but the spelling needs to be corrected (ICAUS, and side note... internal links are not working, I guess as a result of the forum upgrade and you probably already know this issue...)

19 minutes ago, t12ung said:

Awesome MOC madoca, can't wait to build this!

@Jim Great to see this in the Hall of Fame thread, but the spelling needs to be corrected (ICAUS, and side note... internal links are not working, I guess as a result of the forum upgrade and you probably already know this issue...)

Thanks for the heads up. We will look into it.

hello,

is it possible to have the ldraw file? I want to try different color combinations

thank you

Cristian

Sorry for being late to the party!

While you were all having fun building this beauty, I was still deep in my dark age. Time to catch up!

After finishing the car with 1x BuWizz, I was left with 2 gaps on either side of the car (meant for the lipo batteries). I thought it would be nice to install in these gaps a compressor and door selector, such that those stunning doors can be opened remotely. See the result below:

[media]

[/media]

I made 2 Icarus. Somehow the yellow one doesn't go forward straight, i checked the servo gear is centered, but one of the wheel is not super straight when the servo is centered. I'm wondering anyone has the similar problem. I'm at my wits end.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:55 AM, benxz said:

I made 2 Icarus. Somehow the yellow one doesn't go forward straight, i checked the servo gear is centered, but one of the wheel is not super straight when the servo is centered. I'm wondering anyone has the similar problem. I'm at my wits end.

Anyway, I'll answering my question here. Today as I tried to modify the transmission drive from CV joint to direct gear drive (rear wheel CV joints keep breaking and I finally ran out of them) the right drifting steering is gone, it goes pretty much straight. I think the different wear and tear between the left and right CV joint has something to do with the problem. 

Again, great supercar! It's super when using 2s lipo! 

With buwizz (or brickcontroller2) you can program it to add 2 motors right away in the throttle, then a third, then the fourth at or near full gas.

In this way you can ease the acceleration a little, and save CV joints.

I don't know how it is with s brick, but I guess similar.

My only problem after that is driving ability and how bits keep flying off the front end.

Sbrick has sequence too, will check it out. Some new pics.

50091314198_7819a420bb_b.jpg

Edited by benxz

[media]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pXBAPZdGsGs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[/media]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXBAPZdGsGs

Edited by benxz

This car is amazing and i wanted to improve on the model so i made a awd version with a 2 speed gearbox. the current build has 2 Buwizz buggy motors and a buwizz 3.0 battery box. i was wondering what you all think of this version of the chassis. its still a work in progress. https://bricksafe.com/pages/Killerfrost/icarus-supercar-2.0

1280x789.PNG1280x676.PNG

3 hours ago, killerfrost said:

Very cool remake, it definitely took a lot of time to fit all of those components in, and I congratulate you for that. I advise you to be careful about melting axles and axle holes in the gearbox. I did a similar set-up and I braced the motors very well (at an angle like your build), but I used 4 buwizz motors. Greasing wil definitely help. Keep it up!