In my Icarus, the safety fuses kick in sometimes even using the default setup with two batteries and two S-bricks. This happens when turning at full speed. I don't think it would really be usable with only a single battery.

When I was shooting the video, batteries never cut out the power. Maybe because of low temperature?

I am not noticing the battery cutting out but I am noticing some rubbing of the tires. It seems the DBG 90 degree axle hub is touching the tires when tires are fully turned. Can you confirm if this is happening in your model please?

Actually DBG part slightly touches tire when fully steered. As you see in the video I tested driving several times but it did not affect the speed. Probably the play of steering hub released the friction. After dismantled the car I checked parts and tires to see whether they have got damaged or not. There was no difference before/after driving.

Just finished my own version of the Icarus. I decided to build my version in red. What can I say about it? Its a beauty. Madoca you really are the current champion of crazy angles :laugh:

The build was a lot of fun, too. Oh and made a small add-on in the back compartment. It's basically a bar to keep the cables down. All else aside, it's a great build.

800x452.jpg

800x452.jpg

More pictures are available here: Click

I just finished it in white.

A Perfect Model. This is definately a next generation of moc, when compared to the models 2 to 3 years ago.

The roof, the Doors, the .... ,I Love it.

Thank you so much.

I do agree with balrog, you are the King of angles, that till now are thought to be physically impossible with Lego. :0)

I'll be showing this car at an expo in France at the end of the month. It'll even have it's own custom licence plate. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Has anyone worked out what colours this can be built in (other than white and red)? Are sufficient panels and parts available in yellow or blue?

Checking quickly shows that panels #5 and #6 are not available in blue, panels #21 and #22 are not available in yellow. White or black would be an option.

Going through this topic, it seems that I haven't frontpaged this fantastic creation. I have corrected my mistake :wink:

Magnificent supercar! It looks incredibly fast, and stylish :thumbup: And it works well too :wub:

I like the bucket seats you included inside :classic:

I have purchased all of the parts for this and will be building this myself as well. Made some minor modifications to the flexible axle wheel arches, hopefully will look a little cleaner. Excited!

Very happy that this model is getting the FrontPage recognition it deserves. Dare I say that I like it more than the Porsche.

I built this dream of an lego supercar. But I think I made a mistake with the power connections, may can I ask how it should be? Sorry I am not able to identify it in the instructions :-( I gut each SBrich should control 2 L motors (for accelartion) or?

I built this dream of an lego supercar. But I think I made a mistake with the power connections, may can I ask how it should be? Sorry I am not able to identify it in the instructions :-( I gut each SBrich should control 2 L motors (for accelartion) or?

As far as I know, there are two L-motors per SBrick. Try looking at step 77, where it shows all the wires color coded. The four L-motors have the trans-red 1x1's on them, the two lights have the trans-clear 1x1's on them, and the servo has nothing. Then look at where he puts them in steps 82-84.

Viewed from the top, they should be:

L-motor L-motor L-motor

servo Light Light L-motor

Does that help?

Of course thank you very much. So i must had an error during the build, I checked it twice and it still was wrong ;-) Generelly it should not be an issue because you can configure SBrick to "my needs", but I think the important thing is to plug 2 motors on each SBrick.

Thanks again!

YOu also have to run two of the motors backwards compared with the first two.

I just finished building my own copy of this set! I have to say - after many years of building Technic sets - all of the largest and most expensive of TLG Technic sets - this one is by far a more beautifully designed and executed model. With the way all of the bodywork comes together, it is truly better than anything TLG has ever produced. Including the new 42056 Porsche GT3 RS. I had such a great time building this set! Thank you Madoca1977!

Gidday, i've been absent for quite a while....but back into the technic game now. First of all, what a great model and a big thanks to the buddha of technic modals and a super great human for making instructions for people like me that have no idea about creating a moc. Second, is it possible to build this car using V2 receivers or do you have to use s bricks? Many thanks to Maddaca and all you other technic gurus.

Gidday, i've been absent for quite a while....but back into the technic game now. First of all, what a great model and a big thanks to the buddha of technic modals and a super great human for making instructions for people like me that have no idea about creating a moc. Second, is it possible to build this car using V2 receivers or do you have to use s bricks? Many thanks to Maddaca and all you other technic gurus.

Welcome back and keep enjoying the Technic! I agree that Madoca created a great model which is my favourite hitherto. You can learn a lot from him! As far as I know he is not Buddha, just a normal human beeing and we are just a community of people sharing this hobby with more or less experience :wink: . You can substitute Sbricks (they are actually substitutes the other way around) by normal IR receivers and V2 are even better, especially for this high performance application.

Yeah, V2 receivers are the better choice for replacing the SBricks, as they were introduced to handle the current draw from two L-motors.

Good to see another AFOL brought into the fold!

I used two V2 receivers with no issues at all. I did however need a polarity switch so all motors ran in the same direction using only one IR remote.

Amazing moc, thanks for sharing!

I was wondering what's your opinion regarding adapting the model for XL motors and 4x7x11 battery box (only got a limited technics collection). Does it sound remotely feasible? What would the performance loss be?

Cheers

Just finished my own version of the Icarus. I decided to build my version in red. What can I say about it? Its a beauty. Madoca you really are the current champion of crazy angles :laugh:

The build was a lot of fun, too. Oh and made a small add-on in the back compartment. It's basically a bar to keep the cables down. All else aside, it's a great build.

800x452.jpg

800x452.jpg

More pictures are available here: Click

Ugh. So beautiful it hurts. Yet it's not a mess of panels on top of one another. Perfect.....