@Blakbird, do you build in MLCad or any other software?

All in MLCAD.

There's no such thing as "building in LDRaw". LDCad, which uses LDRaw part library, has part snap feature and is quite easy to use, even for odd angles :wink:

Unless the parts don't actually fit.

Unless the parts don't actually fit.

Still, there's the 'magic' button: O :grin::tongue:

outstanding job madoca! it's really amazing, probably your best model ....for now :D

Here are some new views of the model that I made while waiting for the last parts to arrive.

640x360.jpg

revolve.gif

just finished this fantastic car....does it move on a gymnasium floor...great ride and handling. Thanks Madoca for your best MOC yet!!

Here are some new views of the model that I made while waiting for the last parts to arrive.

Fantastic work. Can you share the LDraw file?

This was so much fun to build and it is even more fun to drive! Here are some photos to help do it justice.

800x532.jpg

800x532.jpg

800x532.jpg

One question: could this marvel also be built with two PF IR receivers instead of sbricks? Is this an easy MOD?

One question: could this marvel also be built with two PF IR receivers instead of sbricks? Is this an easy MOD?

It could be done. Two of the motors need to run the opposite direction as the other two, so you would have to wire it correctly.

This was so much fun to build and it is even more fun to drive! Here are some photos to help do it justice.

Thanks for sharing beautiful pictures! Seeing your two motorized supercars, I noticed that my ICARUS is shorter than BMW. Main reason is that I made rear overhang minimized. Its length : width is 2:1. More compact, lighter, and having less horsepower (4 L motors). That theory is more like Alfa 4C or Lotus lightweight sports cars rather than McLaren P1. :blush:

Now I'm very curious how it looks among your supercar collection! :moar:

Now I'm very curious how it looks among your supercar collection! :moar:

Don't worry, you will soon see it! I need to finish my last 2 white cars (lipko simple supercar and pvdb Koenigsegg) and then I will take a picture of all the white cars.

I am in the process of building this beautiful supercar and I am curious why two Sbricks are required. I am currently using two IR V2 receivers on the same channel (with one additional polarity switch) so I would think one Sbrick with four channels should suffice. 2L motors on C1, 2L motors on C2, Servo on C3 and lights on C4.

Any thoughts?

BTW.....long time lurker

One battery box cannot supply the necessary power to 4 l motors. The safety fuse kicks in.

So the battery box limitation was the sole reason? Couldn't two battery boxes be setup in parallel to avoid the problem or is that just a wiring headache?

It is just easier to use a second sbrick or IR receiver and battery box. I don't know if two boxes wired in parallel would get around the limitation.

So the battery box limitation was the sole reason? Couldn't two battery boxes be setup in parallel to avoid the problem or is that just a wiring headache?

PF connections are designed specifically to prevent you from connecting anything in parallel. You can't stack the battery connectors.

One battery box cannot supply the necessary power to 4 l motors. The safety fuse kicks in.

Are you sure? I'm currently building this, and I have 4 L-motors connected to a single V2 receiver (2 per channel), and the servo to a second receiver and it works fine.

Are you sure? I'm currently building this, and I have 4 L-motors connected to a single V2 receiver (2 per channel), and the servo to a second receiver and it works fine.

Did you forget to mention that only one battery box was used? Or you just misread what deehtha's post?

Did you forget to mention that only one battery box was used? Or you just misread what deehtha's post?

See below what Therion was responding to. While I am sure the battery box with run four L motors without issue, I am not so sure it will under load.

In my Icarus, the safety fuses kick in sometimes even using the default setup with two batteries and two S-bricks. This happens when turning at full speed. I don't think it would really be usable with only a single battery.

In my Icarus, the safety fuses kick in sometimes even using the default setup with two batteries and two S-bricks. This happens when turning at full speed. I don't think it would really be usable with only a single battery.

I am not noticing the battery cutting out but I am noticing some rubbing of the tires. It seems the DBG 90 degree axle hub is touching the tires when tires are fully turned. Can you confirm if this is happening in your model please?

1280x759.jpg