Thank's a lot for instructions, Madoca. After seeing it i undestand that i need all this hi-end stuff like sbrick and rechargeable batteries. Immediately)

You could always go third-party with real RC motors, see this thread:

It is not purist (it uses non-Lego parts) but it will be much faster and cheaper. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114558

with non lego motors you have more options such as internal gearing, etc.

Why do i need rechargeable battery box? I can control the speed with the app or?

Thank you Madoca for a wonderful model and detailed instructions. Although impressive as the drive-train solution is, I will also be holding out for an unpowered manual version with HoG steering, gearbox, and fake engine. (I could manage the engine myself, but have no experience with gearboxes.) I was excited about the upcoming 42056 Porsche set but I would much rather put my money into this. :)

Thank you Madoca for a wonderful model and detailed instructions. Although impressive as the drive-train solution is, I will also be holding out for an unpowered manual version with HoG steering, gearbox, and fake engine. (I could manage the engine myself, but have no experience with gearboxes.) I was excited about the upcoming 42056 Porsche set but I would much rather put my money into this. :)

yes, I will try this, digital tho

Any progress on LDD file?

I dare to say that I think it's a little bit more messy than your previous builds :blush:

Your feeling "messy" is right. The main reason is its even width and presence of too many connectors beneath the body panels.

In this project, I first came up with door design built by connected triangular panels. Next I built its drivetrain. Then wheelbase length was decided by the door size and position of motors. These three elements became the unchangeable basis for deciding dimensions of body lines.

So I had to adapt most connection points for putting panels on exact position. In many cases half stud build was needed. On instruction pages, you can see how I struggled to realize its body lines. :wacko:

Now that instructions are out, are the LDD builders going to be able to finish?

To adjust connection points, I used rubber connectors, non-friction pins, softer axle pins and pole reverser handles. Still, roof and side panels are connected with slight tension (torsion?). :cry_sad:

I don't know whether it's illegal or not. Although I could build it physically without flaws, I'm not sure how LDD works.

First isssue I ran into in LDD is on step 8. The 4 connecting links are a bit short, and in real life this will result in a tight/ preloaded suspension. I finished the rear suspension if anyone wants to take it further. I will eventually, but have other things to attend to.

Edited by DrJB

Your feeling "messy" is right. The main reason is its even width and presence of too many connectors beneath the body panels.

Your solutions seem just perfect IMHO, I am struggling with same problems and I want to know how to make better a car with round edges and how to do all the angles with less connectors? You are the "Messi" of supercars :blush: !

I think this gearbox should fit in a manual version. Found it on mocpages. 7 + r

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Next to work on making it convertible.

I looked at the gearbox and am not sure it is functional. The LXF file shows some non-connected parts on the bottom, and it might be because of some 'impossible' angles. Has anyone tried it to confirm it works?

Edited by DrJB

Thank you so much Madoca!

I am a total fan of your models. I still have your recent red supercar and the SUV MKII on display and I am currently planning my build of the corvette.

Since this weekend I have to rethink my plans and ended up with the idea to build both the corvette and the Icarus.

I have longed for madoca building another supercar and the result is perfect imho!

Now I have to spend quite some money on parts and SBricks :)

Thanks again!

looking forward for your next model.

Edited by dragofoscar

I looked at the gearbox and am not sure it is functional. The LXF file shows some non-connected parts on the bottom, and it might be because of some 'impossible' angles. Has anyone tried it to confirm it works?

No, I don't have the parts to complete it, if someone else could try would be great :thumbup:

I was considering using a gearbox with less gears that's motorized, such as Sariel's gearboxes, but supercars have more gears, so a 7 + r seems perfect.

Next I will make a plan to switch between 4WD and RWD.

No, I don't have the parts to complete it, if someone else could try would be great :thumbup:

I was considering using a gearbox with less gears that's motorized, such as Sariel's gearboxes, but supercars have more gears, so a 7 + r seems perfect.

Next I will make a plan to switch between 4WD and RWD.

You do not need the parts. From just the LDD, it appears to me there are issues. UNless the author physically built it and was not able to build it in LDD (which is very strict).

First isssue I ran into in LDD is on step 8. The 4 connecting links are a bit short, and in real life this will result in a tight/ preloaded suspension. .

This is what I was talking about in post #76 :wink:

This is what I was talking about in post #76 :wink:

Looks like we reached the same conclusion ... but you reached it way ahead of me :grin:. Now, another 'serious' issue is the seats, some of the parts undergo full 3D rotations, and I have not been able to align them. The part with the L motor I totally skipped, but I read in a different thread that an new LDD update came up that has the L motor and other technic parts. Well ... give up not, at least not yet.

DrJB need LDD help? Please share the file and a picture of parts that wont fit.

I'm at work and no access to my computer. The steps I'm having difficulties with are 63 to 66 (seats) in the link below. Some parts I could not assemble not sure if it's an alignment or the actual parts are bent/stressed in the MOC.

http://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMZaPB7a6psHaYBAZwmXV5CHDhVhX9udIKB0Ol_FyH24ZFbn8r1b3U6QcXBD9ysEw?key=WndWREhOclhHSEp3a0hjZURKSmYyU3o2Q3FpMHBR

I'm impressed ... what can I say! Thank You. :)

Edited by DrJB

I'm making good progress on the LDraw file. This is a real challenge in MLCAD because of all the crazy angles.

640x390.jpg

I'm making good progress on the LDraw file. This is a real challenge in MLCAD because of all the crazy angles.

Then use LDCad instead of MLCad :grin:

Are you planning off going as far as to use Lpub to make "instructions" or are you just going to convert the model into a "Ldraw" format?

Are you planning off going as far as to use Lpub to make "instructions" or are you just going to convert the model into a "Ldraw" format?

His photo instructions are as good as anything I could make in LPub, so I'm just making the LDraw file for fun and so I can make some renders.

Then use LDCad instead of MLCad :grin:

Have to say that I tried LDCad but went very quickly back to MLCad when digitising my recent car.

Should have also said. I really am going to have to make this as it is such a great looking car

Edited by Pvdb