Can't wait as well. I'll try doing an LDD as soon as instructions are available ... as long as there are no 'illegal' connections (we all know how finicky LDD can be)

I've been trying to reverse engineer the chassis from the underneath picture and it seems to me that the 1 x 6 steering links that being used to centralize the rear hubs are putting some stress on the the ball joints of the rear hub because they are not quite long enough to reach what I am assuming are gray tow pins in axle connectors due to the angle they are at. I don't know how much of a difference it will make in LDD.

Of course I just may be building it wrong. :grin:

800x450.jpg

To be honest there are so many supercars out there that I'm not that fast impressed, but this one is a beauty :thumbup:

For a heavy car it is fast enough and the line and panel lining of the body are amazing. The hole design just speaks to me.

Excellent job :thumbup:

I've been trying to reverse engineer the chassis from the underneath picture and it seems to me that the 1 x 6 steering links that being used to centralize the rear hubs are putting some stress on the the ball joints of the rear hub because they are not quite long enough to reach what I am assuming are gray tow pins in axle connectors due to the angle they are at. I don't know how much of a difference it will make in LDD.

Of course I just may be building it wrong. :grin:

800x450.jpg

Have you worked on LXF? If so please share, would love to continue work.

How would the model perform with only one Sbrick and a single battery box?

This is what I can get by reverse engineering so far,

Think I should stop and let Madoca himself reveal more details:

24987640524_5c9978560f_b.jpg

Edited by KevinMoo

Have you worked on LXF? If so please share, would love to continue work.

No, I was just building it with parts. When connecting one link it slightly pulls the hub towards that side and then when attaching the other side, it straightens it out, but you can feel that it has some tension because the angles are slightly longer than the links.

Once LDD is available I will make...

...manual mod featuring gearbox and fake engine :thumbup:

PLEASE do so! Would love an option with a V6/V8 and a 5/6 speed gearbox w/reverse :thumbup:

Already came up with one not-so-obvious mod: I'll change the 3/4 pins on the flex axles to white 1/2 pins. It won't be a big difference, but I want as good of an exterior as possible. Great and beautiful car, with wonderful performance. Now, to go buy those L-motors...

I'd rather we wait for the official release, then build it and appreciate, as oposed to come up with 1001 mods before even the car has been released. To me it looks real good as it is.

Madoca, thank you, I really appreciate your tremendous work and that you share it too. Great work and keep going and enjoying to work with lego.

Thanks Madoca. this ones going on display in the dining room. Again an amazing car. Ever considered putting it on Lego Ideas. This would make a really great official lego car. :classic:

Thank you very much! Very appreciate your working!! What a pity I do not have 2 SBricks

Edited by Aleh

I dare to say that I think it's a little bit more messy than your previous builds :blush:

Anyway, you managed to solve many things I didn't manage to solve in bigger models, so this model is is still one of the most awesomest.

Thanks for sharing the building instructions! Hats off! The many wires may make look like a mess, but they are there for purpose. I´d rather say it´s ingeniously complex and incredibly compact design than messy. Maybe some slight colour changes at minor small parts would make it look cleaner. Honestly I guess it would take me years to catch up such efficient building style, if any...

Is somebody planning to build it in yellow? This way it would look more like a McLaren, even if the proportions and some details differ too much from that car.

Edited by brunojj1

PLEASE do so! Would love an option with a V6/V8 and a 5/6 speed gearbox w/reverse :thumbup:

agreed!

Now that instructions are out, are the LDD builders going to be able to finish?

Now that instructions are out, are the LDD builders going to be able to finish?