Sign in to follow this  
gedren_y

[ESL FB1] Port of Terreli

(In the timeline of BOBS, the events of this build happened just prior to the Quick Claw trade run organized by the Coyle Shipping Co.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25327279642_d2911549cd_o.jpg

It is quite a busy day down at Berth 22 in the Port of Terreli.

25150088930_2ea686a5e9.jpg

So many people coming and going. Let's investigate.

25327289762_008ff30f09.jpg

Here's the last of the offload from the Dark Narwhal.

24818989903_b1aac438e8.jpg

Viscount Alexander Doblin is inspecting the fine fabric he has ordered. Hopefully his daughter will be satisfied with the quality of material going into her replacement wedding gown.

He has also been given word that cannibals have been rumored to be on one of the newly discovered islands. Now if only he could find a captain willing to deliver the three miscreants who ruined the original wedding dress to said island. All this so that Alexander can keep his daughter from committing murder.

25078086569_0e88ee9b1d.jpg

"By the Goddess! Frink!" Captain Prows roared, "Get Camron and Saywer to clear this dock! We need to get that special cargo on board and covered up."

"Ooh, pretty," Frink coos.

24815150624_e1482e1da5.jpg

No one on the Dark Narwhal, from the captain on down, knows what this strange device is supposed to do. All they know is that they've been commissioned by the astronomer Solas Midori to deliver it to his observatory on Nelissa.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

25327331772_e4145fc190_o.jpg

Meanwhile, First Mate duBroise has finished provisioning the ship, when he saw Dearji with a banana near her lips, laughing.

"Ah, Tolan." Dearji sighed suggestively, "Meet one of my fellow Wandering Acolytes, Kali the Phlin."

25078132609_7fff33a273.jpg

"Oh, umm, good day, Priestess," Tolan replied while thinking, Does Dearji know what it looks like she is suggesting with that banana?

25352809911_570edd51fc.jpg

Of course she does. Dearji really enjoys teasing Tolan.

25352817371_5b779466c0.jpg

Kali is suddenly shocked from the mirth of the moment by someone very important showing up.

24819043423_5fe51eaa0c_o.jpg

High Priestess Ylsbeth the Starcatcher, youngest High Priestess of the Crahaish neh Triuri, has come to collect Captain Prows for private meeting before he casts off. Following in her wake is Ylsbeth's current lover, Consort Taliesin the Lightbringer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25445775825_1a6a43275f_o.jpg

Jasmine Coll, prostitute at the near-by Ready Scimitar, is drinking away the memories of abuse at the hands of her most recent client. Madame K gave her the bottle and told Jasmine to relax while Gronk deals with the man.

25419623496_b6207dd481.jpg

Maddame K made sure that the tavernroom's doors were bolted shut before Gronk takes care of 'business.'

25352856301_8639081053.jpg

With the bottle rack in front of the window, no one outside can get a clear view of the indignity that Jasmine's former client is currently suffering.

24819085553_787843596b.jpg

Up on the balcony, some Corrington junior officers are enjoying their last afternoon on liberty.

25445802895_bf665e9827_o.jpg

One young officer has just been promoted to Lt. Commander, and is waving about the new sword that came with his promotion. His fellow crewman is likely going to be grumbling about 'political advancement' for the next month.

25078200849_39b5d2d7f0_t.jpg (Just a pic to show the roof. Click to see larger.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25327432162_1fba306770_o.jpg

This is the barracks for the Guarda de Noblessa. The Guarda are a volunteer militia made up of only sons of Eslandola's noble families, usually the second, third, or even fourth sons that don't stand to inherit any lands.

The barracks were once the Royal Portside Residence, until a more opulent palace was built farther to the east. It seems quite fitting to the Guarda that only nobles reside here.

25078227739_a6d09be2bd_o.jpg

The Guarda have no set uniform. Instead they wear their family colors and crests proudly. Many of the other militias find them pompous and overblown.

This is Jeorge Ziti, third son of Count Rodolfo Ziti. He is of some relation to the Queen, but don't ask him how unless you want to listen to a three hour rambling account of his familial history.

Wait, is that Byron Messuir?

24819123463_6efe723c42_o.jpg

Yup. What is that Corrington 'Political Officer' doing here? He never did say what that important 'legal matter' was. It doesn't matter now. The Dark Narwhal sets sail tomorrow. Byron will be staying in Terreli.

25327443702_1c0e2fd7b2_o.jpg

Some new pennants have been hung today. Apparently it is someone's birthday.

24819133313_bb200b312b_o.jpg

The Guarda keep themselves well stocked with arms. It may have been a bit foolish to store the loaded pistols with their barrels pointed up.

25352920401_abb820fa9a_o.jpg

Here the Guarda are storing three casks, filled with diferent vintages of uisge.

25352925411_c0353b2e54_o.jpg

Huh? What? Is that? Could it really be the Cup? Burried there all this time. I wonder how long it will take for someone to discover it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(And now, as promissed, it's time to put some Green in your Day.)

24819158823_78a63f3e16.jpg

This is Hambrose Fortian. Years ago he was a junior officer in the Oleon Navy. One day he repeated a disgusting rumor about a certain Priest of Poseidon's 'preferences.' He was promptly stripped of his rank, dishonorably discharged, and sentenced to be hanged for his offense.

Hambrose only avoided the noose because his uncle donated a sizable sum to the Temple of Poseidon, and his sentence was reduced to banishment. Now Hambrose is a citizen of Eslandola, and hires himself out to whatever captain that will have him.

Behind him is Commodore Artorious Flamelle, a former crewmate of Hambrose's. He had taken great offense to the way Hambrose had gotten away from the noose. Hambrose's drunken singing has gotten him recognized.

25327477452_13424b645e.jpg

"Stepped out of the li-ine,

Like a sheep runs from the herd,

Marching out of ti-ime,

To my lovve beat now . . . the only way I know!

"One light, one mind, flashing in the dark,

Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts,

'For crying out loud!' she screamed onto me,"

Just as Artoruious was about to was about to skewer the miscreant blasphemer, Petty Officer Danshiel joined in the song.

"A free for all, **** 'em all, you are your own sight!"

25327483322_c3b1270694_o.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some detail shots. Click to see larger.

The waterline:

24815337774_496b505d07_t.jpg

24819186173_09ee78dbf7_t.jpg

25150307880_a23f13a47c_t.jpg

24815346234_fa93764072_t.jpg

The street empty of figs and other stuff:

25327513142_51fdd780db_t.jpg

25327515642_4a2dba7a6a_t.jpg

25352986571_c99cdbc050_t.jpg

24815365194_4694cd1306_t.jpg

24815368074_4064476b4b_t.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments would be greatly appreciated.

(Oh, and can anyone name the Green Day song? Without using a search engine, that's cheating.)

Edit: Replaced the last thumbnail with correct image/link.

Edited by gedren_y

Such a lot of detail (and so many characters). I particularly like the cracks in the harbour walls and the floating seaweed, looks fab.

I dig the water and the cobblestones....as well as the rest! very nice.

Now, let's discuss focus.......pirate_blush.gif

Seriously, though....not sure on the LG's "tap to pick focus point" capabilities (like iphones have)....if you don't have that, you may try a slightly larger framing of the scene (to keep everything from being too close to focus) then crop the image in post processing to the scene you want.....the trade off in noise/grain over soft/close focus might be preferable.

Very nice job. It's great to see figs from all walks of life and the stories behind them. They're all unique and fun to read, really well told.

The build is really nice as well. Good job with the trans-clear around the pylons and the use of multiple shades of brown for the dock. It adds to the weathered look.

If possible, I recommend turning the brown log pieces (used in the building infested with Corringlanders) on their sides to represent stacked logs, similar to a log cabin. Not sure of too many construction styles that would keep the logs upright like they currently are.

The Street and the docks are really well-done, but the best part are all these figs!

Wow... so much going on! You really write up a serious story, and the build illustrates it well. Both buildings are unique but look nice and the tight spacing gives the scene an old feel. I really like the dock area and the textures of the street. Keep it up. :classic:

This is a nice bustling port! I especially like the fabricks used!!

On the photoshooting subject, put more focus pleaseeeeeee! :-)

Such a lot of detail (and so many characters). I particularly like the cracks in the harbour walls and the floating seaweed, looks fab.

Great build! You have lots of nice action going on! Fine story too!

That's quite a boatload of features in there.

Would make a great playset :)

The Street and the docks are really well-done, but the best part are all these figs!

Wow... so much going on! You really write up a serious story, and the build illustrates it well. Both buildings are unique but look nice and the tight spacing gives the scene an old feel. I really like the dock area and the textures of the street. Keep it up. :classic:

Very nice job. It's great to see figs from all walks of life and the stories behind them. They're all unique and fun to read, really well told.

The build is really nice as well. Good job with the trans-clear around the pylons and the use of multiple shades of brown for the dock. It adds to the weathered look.

If possible, I recommend turning the brown log pieces (used in the building infested with Corringlanders) on their sides to represent stacked logs, similar to a log cabin. Not sure of too many construction styles that would keep the logs upright like they currently are.

This is a nice bustling port! I especially like the fabricks used!!

On the photoshooting subject, put more focus pleaseeeeeee! :-)

I dig the water and the cobblestones....as well as the rest! very nice.

Now, let's discuss focus.......pirate_blush.gif

Seriously, though....not sure on the LG's "tap to pick focus point" capabilities (like iphones have)....if you don't have that, you may try a slightly larger framing of the scene (to keep everything from being too close to focus) then crop the image in post processing to the scene you want.....the trade off in noise/grain over soft/close focus might be preferable.

Thanks all. I had fun depicting this story. That's how I go about most builds.

The water and rock face were the last things I did on this build, besides set dressing.

@ Captain Genaro: The vertical log construction of the Ready Scimitar is due to the use of the old log wall panel pieces (also why I didn't do an actual interior). I'll work on the horizontal structure design in the future.

@ Vedauwoo & blackdeathgr: The cell phone I am using for my pics is not a smartphone. The LG 500G that I have has limited capabilities in photography (awesome for music, though). The worst is that the small screen is lousy for determining focal point. Additionally, I have to take my pics in natural light, and am often dealing with changing light conditions. Hopefully I'll get a chance to upgrade to something with a better camera, and you'll see it in my pics.

That's really a nice moc you've put together here. Nice story, nice buildings and some great minifig action. However, there's always that one color in your mocs that I find kinda odd, like that blue plate in the left building ...

Great build with so much going on and so many stories. It feels like a real place with real inhabitants. The narrowness of the lane is nicely atmospheric, and the goods on the dock are fantastic. I am looking forward to learning the purpose of the orange ball!

I had a quick internet search and while most old timber buildings have timbers laid horizontally some do have vertical timbers, so I think you're OK on that one.

Everyone else likes the cobbles and wants texture everywhere but I'm afraid I think it just makes the scene look over crowded and untidy; too many colours!