Category B: Strike your Colors

Short version:

Furious sea battle south of Nelissa..

1280x960.jpg

... victory for Eslandola!

Long version:

Captain Enrico Sombrero Verde gazed through his spyglass trying to penetrate the combination of morning mist and cannon smoke that lay between the battling two ships.

They had been surprised by the attacker initially, but the long and hard training of the crew had paid off and they had quickly been able to fire back.

The "Stubborn Stern" had sent several broadsides into the hull of the attacking ship and Enrico could tell that the enemy was not doing well anymore.

"Under which flag are they sailing", the first officer yelled.

"I think it is black", Enrico shouted back just before another broadside was fired.

"Then they must be pirates", the first officer mumbled to himself.

Captain Verde looked again. It was difficult to identify the enemy's flag as the sun had got up behind the other ship.

"It could be blue", he pondered, which would mean Oleon.

"It's a red flag", the first mate cried. "They are fighting for Corrington!"

Astonished, the captain raised the telescope once more, when suddenly a giant explosion tore the enemy ship apart - and the shock wave blew Enrico from his feet.

"We must have hit the powder magazine...", Enrico mused.

When he got up to his feet the remains of the other ship were already sinking fast.

So it was a victory - a clear victory for Eslandola.

But against whom?

Ahoy!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
Flickr references removed

Who fought who? Other than this, fabulous micro moc!

an unknown attacker... pirate_laugh2.gif

oh man, that's lame. One clearly needs to know his/her enemy!

Beautiful micro build Captain. The ships look good and I like the way you built the rigging. And the island is fantastic. Do you consider the rocky peak to be an inactive volcano or just a rocky peak? Good work. :classic:

oh man, that's lame. One clearly needs to know his/her enemy!

... but they sank so quickly. pir_laugh2.gif

They didn't have time to fly their flag

(and maybe it should be a mystery, because this battle would have geo-political implications, wouldn't it, Your Majesty?)

Beautiful micro build Captain. The ships look good and I like the way you built the rigging. And the island is fantastic. Do you consider the rocky peak to be an inactive volcano or just a rocky peak? Good work. :classic:

Thanks. Every time I peek at the peak I think it rocks it is rocky. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Thanks. Every time I peek at the peak I think it rocks is rocky.

Ah. It just piqued my curiosity.

Your crew must've been at peak performance to sink the enemy before they could even fly their flag.

Any more photos? I'd like a peek at the back of the island.

:laugh::grin:

Island can only be shown this way. pirate_cry4.gifpirate_look.gif

But take your pick. There are three pics on flickr in the Eslandola album.

Mini build - maxi awesomeness! pirate_wubnew.gif

Just, more story pleeeease, aren't you being judged on that, also? pirate_wink.gif

Ok, so much pressure.... pirate_cry4.gif I still have some time to improve or make up the story.

Something like:

Once upon a while in the east, there was a captain by the name of Enrico Sombrero Verde. He had a not-so-beautiful-but-decently-armed ship called the "stubborn stern" on which he sailed along the shores of Nelissa.

Then one day, out of the foggy mists of morning a ship approached and threatened to open fire...

(like this?)

Beautiful microbuild, though the mountain might be a bit too high?

Really great interaction of the cannons firing, perfectly done!

These have got to be the cutest of the micro ships, and we get to see them in a full on cannon battle too :-)

That's a really fun MOC. I like the micro-foliage and mountain.

I suggest adding some different colored minifig hands to the top of the masts to represent flags. It would also help make the ships more distinguishable.

I suggest adding some different colored minifig hands to the top of the masts to represent flags. It would also help make the ships more distinguishable.

Indeed, soms flags would help.

But for the rest, this is just awesome! Love IT!

Awesome micro Captain B, the ships and smoke are superb, and that island is fantastic as well! pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_wink.gif

... but they sank so quickly. pir_laugh2.gif

They didn't have time to fly their flag

(and maybe it should be a mystery, because this battle would have geo-political implications, wouldn't it, Your Majesty?)

Thanks. Every time I peek at the peak I think it rocks it is rocky. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Ah. It just piqued my curiosity.

Your crew must've been at peak performance to sink the enemy before they could even fly their flag.

Any more photos? I'd like a peek at the back of the island.

:laugh::grin:

pir_laugh2.gifdefault_roflmao.gifdefault_iamded_lol.png

Ok, so much pressure.... pirate_cry4.gif I still have some time to improve or make up the story.

Something like:

Once upon a while in the east, there was a captain by the name of Enrico Sombrero Verde. He had a not-so-beautiful-but-decently-armed ship called the "stubborn stern" on which he sailed along the shores of Nelissa.

Then one day, out of the foggy mists of morning a ship approached and threatened to open fire...

(like this?)

That sounds very good, and having a good story would greatly improve your score in the challenge pirate_wink.gif

Beautiful microbuild, though the mountain might be a bit too high?

Really great interaction of the cannons firing, perfectly done!

Mountain too high? Could be, but too late!

These have got to be the cutest of the micro ships, and we get to see them in a full on cannon battle too :-)

Thank you! pirate_satisfied.gif

Ok, that is a good suggestion - for next time!

Indeed, soms flags would help.

But for the rest, this is just awesome! Love IT!

Thank you, mijnheer!

Love that cannon smoke! Very nicely done

pirate_laugh2.gif

Awesome micro Captain B, the ships and smoke are superb, and that island is fantastic as well! pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_wink.gif

That sounds very good, and having a good story would greatly improve your score in the challenge pirate_wink.gif

Thanks for the praise.

I'll add some storyline to the build, but as my MOCs are not of the challenge-winning-type it might not make so much of a difference pirate_sceptic.gif

Nice micro build. Maybe it was green? They never did identify each other? :wink:

Nice micro build. Maybe it was green? They never did identify each other? :wink:

pirate_laugh_new.gif It surely was a sea rat!

One sentence was taken out by the editor:

"Enrico could clearly see that the flag was not green."

pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_wink.gif

Ha, ha, very nice story Captain B - well, they had it coming to them for attacking an Eslandolan ship, who ever they were! pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

An excellent entry worthy of your building past! hehehehehe! Kill those (insert least favorite nation) scums!!

Ha, ha, very nice story Captain B - well, they had it coming to them for attacking an Eslandolan ship, who ever they were! pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

Gracias!

An excellent entry worthy of your building past! hehehehehe! Kill those (insert least favorite nation) scums!!

pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

That's good. Let's make it a "customize your own pirate story here" thingy :laugh::iamded_lol::rofl:

"Then captain <insert name> <sailed/rode> forth on his <ship/horse> into the <sunset/city> which proudly flew the colours of <insert nation>..."

Story time!! :pir-wub:

Oh no. That last possibility has me weeping... :pir-look:

Nah, they must've been clueboats or even black. Har har!! Encore!! Fire another round!! :pir-grin::pir-laugh:

Just think of the sinking souls, floating fearfully upon shattered shards of wasted wood, peeking pitifully at the perilous peak upon which their monstrous mem'ries will fore'er faint... :laugh:

Just think of the sinking souls, floating fearfully upon shattered shards of wasted wood, peeking pitifully at the perilous peak upon which their monstrous mem'ries will fore'er faint... :laugh:

Sounds good! Let's have your story then!

Enrico eyed at the drowning debris, the ruined remains of a once proud and pretty predator of the sea ...