Sign in to follow this  
Volt_Bricks

Support Battle Mech [MOC] *First try at making a Mech ever*

So I decided to try make a mech for a contest and here is the result, not very sturdy though :tongue:

25324179382_0ced9cca61_b.jpg

25146971580_0ece51e13d_b.jpg

The pictures aren't giving the right mood/ giving a good image of how it looks. (I really need to get a better enviroment/ lightboxes to make pictures)

25416396756_6336bbb4de_b.jpg

25349608261_602410f7d2_c.jpg

Pictures don't really give a good sense of the scale sadly :look:

And for the fan of lore, I made the time do create some:

Lore:

HSM-1.50 (Heavy Support Mech) *General Information*

Produced by the New Federation it has been designed by Future Tech who's mission it were to create a versetaile but heavy duty mech.

It's been a savior of many soldiers. *Intended Role on the Battlefield*

Being a support mech it is not capable of fighting on it's own, they are supposed to defend allied infantry from enemy heavy armor and big swarms of infantry.

If they however are somehow catched alone they will not survive long because of their big weakspots on the back and sides where it can counter any incoming attacks.

Luckely most are capable of sticking with their own platoon of infantry who covers it from being surrounded. *Weapon Systems*

The left arm is outfitted with a big 1.50 Cal. firing gatling gun, firing up to 2000 rounds per minute.

This makes it a great solution for problems that tend to get too close.

It can shred both Infantry and armored targets, it´s effectiveness is lowered by it not being able to move appartly from the mech itself.

For ranged targets there is a specially designed railgun mounted on the right arm, shooting bullets the size of a book it devestates anything it hits.

with an effective range of over 10 miles it is a serious threat to anything this mech get's in it's sights.

Though normally these type of guns would have ranges far greater then 10 miles,

this one had to be specially designed with low recoil because it otherwise would have damaged the whole mech itself.

And last but not least there are 6 top mounted anti-airrockets to deter any small aircrafts, though they do not pose any serious threat to anything bigger then a bomber.

However strike aircraft and interceptors are easily taken out by these small rockets because they have a speed of over 800 meters a second.

I like it. Great color scheme.

As for the pictures...yeah. I've found it really important to get good ones, get the model's good side as it were. You don't really need a lightbox - I make do with sheets of white construction panel curved to lean against a wall, held down at the bottom by a weight, and 2-4 desk lamps scattered around whatever I'm shooting. My crap isn't professional by any means so maybe this is worthless advice, but the most important in my opinion have been a good pose on a plain white backing (also good if you want to crop that out in photoshop to use your own background), low ISO setting, a tripod, and lots of light.