Hi guys! Here is my latest model, Mack B75 in scale ~1:17.5.Chromed parts arrived yesterday, so now I can call it`s finished :)

WIP topic: http://www.eurobrick...opic=119378&hl=

Some info :

PF L-motor drive geared down 12:24

PF L-motor steering via mini linear actuator

Ackerman steering geometry

Full suspension(credits for rear axles go to 2Legoornot2Lego)

Front PF LED lights

And photos:

24812237023_69de51a260_z.jpgMack B-75 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

25320576752_e6d513f8fb_b.jpg3 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

25438942155_635d8c7747_b.jpg4 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

25320575892_dfebb53131_b.jpg11 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

More photos in my Flickr album: https://www.flickr.c...157665289567976

Edited by Kit Fisto

No trailer, cause I actually find trailers quite boring to build :laugh: Just my opininon ofcourse :)

Looks very realistic. Too bad about the PF components in the cab where seats should be...

Well, I think I went for a compromiss with one side being taken by battery box and IR-receiver and one side having interrior.

24808365464_a50e350bb4_b.jpg9 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

It seems rather minimalistic, but it`s just what the real one has in the cab:

990b9609a4d4.jpg

By the way, here is the source I used to create the model : http://forum.autoins...pic.php?id=2187

The main goal was to hide ALL pf elemnets inside the cab and the hood, so BB behind the cab wasn`t an option for me.

Thanks for the kind words!

Edited by Kit Fisto

Great looking truck. The attention to detail is wonderful. How did you make the stripe on the fuel tanks?

No trailer, cause I actually find trailers quite boring to build :laugh: Just my opininon ofcourse :)

Great truck... but a truck without a trailer is like Santa's reindeer with no sleigh :-)

Beautiful MOC, I love these old trucks. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good quality pictures as well.

Do You plan to make video?

Thanks all!

About the stripes on the tanks:

It`s an aluminium band which is used for thermal insulation works.

It looks like this:

_-_-1_3.jpg?kar=1&kf=1&kt=1&co=1&rgb%5B0%5D=255&rgb%5B1%5D=255&rgb%5B2%5D=255∠=ang&qua=90

You only need to cut the size you want and the sticker is ready!) (quote from wip topic)

As fot the video, I`m not sure it`s needed that much, but I`ll try to do something when I have some spare time from studying...

Edited by Kit Fisto

Well, it moves like it should, great! Can You please take some pictures under the hood, to see the mechanics, drivetrain?

Sure!

Drivetrain is pretty simple:

mTQLjN_fWpk.jpg

The motor is connected to U-joint which goes through the cab.

Uou can see the rest of the drivetrain in this picture:

24812238053_8af68f99da_b.jpg7 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

As for the steering, just behind chrome 6 x 6 assembly with wires attachment you can notice black 20T gear.L-motor under the cab -> 12/20 reduction -> CV-joint to mini LA installed on the axle.

25438942155_635d8c7747_b.jpg4 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

Edited by Kit Fisto

Thank You for the explanation. It is still great! :classic:

This is just amazing!!! Excellent build as I already mentioned in you WIP topic on this... So good looking, lovely colors and the chrome really finishes this build...so well done!!!

Also do I like to mention that the pictures are so cool, excellent!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::wub: :wub: :wub:

BTW the suspension looks pretty familiar...haha... :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

I really like the fact it doesnt have a sleepercab, but still has Pf.. it looks very sexy :wub:

Edited by Sylvian

But the front axle is completely redesigned for mini LA.

I see, that is a great approach. You did not prefer the Servo motor? Nice to have a mini LA do the job!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :classic:

I just couldn`t fit it in there:D

Servo requires some gearing for which I had absolutely no space.In fact all the steering system is placed between two tanks. :classic:This is also a reason for a little "overkill" : m-motor would have worked just fine, but L-motor was much easier to attach.

Edited by Kit Fisto

This really is a great build. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I wish I had more patience for concerning myself with looks. This is beautiful.

One thing.....and this is by no means a criticism, but how accurate is the scaling? It looks a little long. That could just be me or the pics.

But really..... Great job and great post

Thanks a lot!

I think it`s as long as it shoukd be(yeah, it`s really long :laugh: ):

8f713dfa748e.jpg

Same proportion in my model. :wink:

Edited by Kit Fisto

I just couldn`t fit it in there:D

Servo requires some gearing for which I had absolutely no space.In fact all the steering system is placed between two tanks. :classic:This is also a reason for a little "overkill" : m-motor would have worked just fine, but L-motor was much easier to attach.

Okay, I see...but why would you want to give the Servo some gearing? That doesn't make sense to me...sorry... :classic: :classic: :classic: I think any other solution then the Servo requires gearing and the Servo doesn't...where am I missing the picture... :sceptic::laugh: Just curious... :thumbup:

Okay, I see...but why would you want to give the Servo some gearing? That doesn't make sense to me...sorry... :classic: :classic: :classic: I think any other solution then the Servo requires gearing and the Servo doesn't...where am I missing the picture... :sceptic::laugh: Just curious... :thumbup:

Well, I tried servo when I was building me previous Kamaz truck (which had 100% yours front axle) and I remember it has some problems - direct drive from servo to 3L beam (what was connected to flex axle) didn`t work well, so I suppose that the way you use servo is different :) Like 14/14 corner gearing etc