Midlife-crisis

[MOC-WIP] Hoth probably around 75098?

Good evening Lobot,

you are totally right with your observation about the slopes on the top, i needed to make a defined height in the range of a few studs the excessive use of this slopes was a tribute to that,

there are 3 to 4 Rows missing on top, and my plan "up there" is to get rounder and rounder on the top rows until ending with 1x6 rounded slopes.

Will post a picture when the next building step is finished.

Thank you for the link - didn´t know this moc. As mickey wrote, size is incredible.

LED Light is planned for the roof as well as the ground lights.

My "reference is still this", but for the hangar doors the scene of "empire strikes back".

snowspeederlaunchbay-oouo9.png

I buy the 95098 mostly because of minifigs and some small details, not sure if i build it up completely.

Hi, you're welcome, I'm glad it was of interest. If you're looking for other ideas, thire5's MOC is also well worth a look and is one of my favourites. I've included one of the images of it below, but there's lots of other photos in his flickr stream (link) including several that show how it's been built internally.

14152207307_65c74c3cd1_z.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing your updates :classic:

Hello again,

yes i was really lazy last year.

Reason is simple, i was extremly dissapointed with the Lego Hoth UCS.

Today i started with the partial rebuild, as i move the whole moc to another place. It is smaller now, will contain less vehicles and minifigs. Most of the detail work is still missing.

- Ion cannon

- Base interior

- Laser turret

Some of you might recognize my Tatooine MOC for the slave 1 in the background. It will be placed next to it.

have fun. :)

cimg3635q0ssk.jpg

cimg3638p8szv.jpg

cimg36393psdc.jpg

I´m still waiting for some parts.

Made my first verison of the socket, not finished yet, but i think i will go this way - Bars instead of axles, because of the size difference i might skip to:

Bar-holder clip: 11090 https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=114787#T=S&C=85&O={"color":85,"iconly":0}

i should install LDD....

socketn1ubn.jpg

Edited by Midlife-crisis

Ended up with 257parts (inkl. Minifig) likely there will be some redesign on the upper side of the pillars. 

This is my first bigger LDD model, really satisfied - just wondering how you guys find time and energy to rebuild the millenium falcon with 7K parts...

socketgyu7z.jpg

After another long break...

Still building on the rough structure, no ceiling or floor detailing yet. I have rebuild the Hangar door.

Now i´m waiting for some parts... not the best picture qualitiy, just handycam.

20200121_122055h0klx.jpg

20200121_122257wfkrj.jpg

20200121_122315j3jla.jpg

20200121_122344p6ka5.jpg

Edited by Midlife-crisis