sparkart

Make a straddling rider figure for speeders and motorcycles (Project S

S.P.E.E.D.E.R. (Straddling Pilot Echoing Equine Disposition Ergo Rider)

Here's a sample recipe to make a more realistically proportioned human rider figure that can straddle a sci-fi/fantasy speeder bike or motorcycle:

25371417336_a5194b3f54_z.jpg

S.P.E.E.D.E.R. (Straddling Pilot Echoing Equine Disposition Ergo Rider) by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Some of the connections are tenuous single-stud assemblies, so this isn't really aimed toward playability, but more for giving a sense of scale to a model.

24753579644_8cc5e547c1_z.jpg

LEGO Bat-pod by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

23938023270_f42046e068_z.jpg

CHIPS - Central Headquarters Imperial Pursuit Squad by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

25179568600_cc67b6d548.jpg

LEGO Rey's Speeder on Jakku by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

I hope the assembly instructions are useful and spark some creative applications. Thanks for checking it out.

Edited by sparkart

That is great man, They look perfect. thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: But Batman's legs seem a little to long, and too black, you have too look for them to see them.

Edited by hadidi1999

Yes, the legs and arms are a bit spindly. As presented above, in the step-by-step assembly instructions, the SAMoSA arms, in particular, are generally too long for most applications. But it's LEGO, and easy to change the size to suit the build. It's a eye-trick or optical illusion to make them look more naturally proportioned.

Sometimes, LEGO is a bit of an impressionistic art, like comic-books or black-and-white line art. You just give the audience a suggestion of a shape, and their eyes and brains fill in the rest of the detail.

I'm working on a Star Wars Episode VII Rey speeder using this formula for the riding figure. I've made her arms one stud shorter...kinda. The hands and wrist area for Rey are mostly hidden behind speeder structure. I'm relying on the viewer's imagination to accept that the Rey figure is holding onto some kind of handlebar.

Edited by sparkart

I see how it would work. It is a great idea, and like you said this IS LEGO, a big range of adjustments are possible to suite your needs, they don't even always have to be the same figure you could change the arms or legs for the current stance. I mean like Unikitty in the LEGO Movie.