Lets get a great new range of Historial based themes/sets/builds back in TLG's conciousness!

"The future is bright...

The future is green...

The future is armoured...

And it sits on 2000 pounds of evil smelling tusked terror!

This rider was one of the strongest and meanest in his tribe and has spent its entire life fighting whilst riding the fierce War Boar, which naturally brought the attention of Ugglug the Orc, scourge of Middle Zealand. Having been hand-picked personally by Ugglug himself, and kitted out in the finest armour scavenged from a hundred different battlefields, this Orc is now one of Ugglug's closest lieutenants, a trusted member of the warband known as Ugglug's Armoured Orcs. If you see it on the battlefield, beware! Ugglug and the rest of his band are sure to be close at hand!"

But my desire is still the same - build MoC's / themes / sets in order to inspire and stimulate the lego community to get TLG building more pure medieval / fantasy / castle themes... as opposed to mech/medieval fusion.

Edited by nine09nueve
Lego Ideas Promotion to a minimum!

These look very, very cool and I really like the idea of Warhammer Fantasy Lego stuff. With that said, I really don't think it will get through Ideas given that it's very close to the source material - you could almost use these Lego in place of the actual miniatures in the game. Might lead to some direct competition.

I really like the idea of Warhammer Fantasy Lego stuff. With that said, I really don't think it will get through Ideas given that it's very close to the source material - you could almost use these Lego in place of the actual miniatures in the game. Might lead to some direct competition.

Well... ye-es... but then WoW have orcs on boars... and LOTR has durin on a Boar too... not to mention having orcs on a warg is pretty close to goblin wolf riders... I don't know how IP works with generic fantasy creature on generic fantasy mount... And I would be surprised if GW would pursue Lego in case someone built a lego army to use for battle... It would probably be significantly cheaper that way :D

(actually I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if GW tried that... *rofl*)

These look very, very cool

thanks - they DO look cool :D

Bad boars, bad boars,

Whatcha gonna do?

Whatcha gonna do...

when they come for you?!

Great! Love the poseability. Sniffing us out they are!

The way it's presented seems to borrow a bit much from GW. True, orcs on boars is nothing new with fantasy, but the shields and banner have specifically GW related symbols. If those were not included, then this would be totally different, but if there's even a possibility of copyright infringement, than Lego wouldn't take the chance. They'd have to pay to license it from GW and that's if they assumed there'd be a market for it.

I'm not trying to belittle the work itself, only suggesting that it move away from any version that could potentially discount it.

I'm not trying to belittle the work itself, only suggesting that it move away from any version that could potentially discount it.

Sure that's cool - I'm not feeling belittled! :D

but the shields and banner have specifically GW related symbols.

Really? Are you sure they are specifically GW related symbols... I thought they looked a lot like stuff from this set: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21601 :tongue:

Edited by nine09nueve

Got to love those, I take those as a really intuitive creation. Especially the boars, I take the helmets the orcs are wearing are cut up Uruk-Hai ones?

+ Keep creating more!

Edited by Noktu

And I would be surprised if GW would pursue Lego in case someone built a lego army to use for battle... It would probably be significantly cheaper that way :D

(actually I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if GW tried that... *rofl*)

I was surprised at the first half of that statement until I saw you follow it up with the lower part. GW is one of the more "sue-happy" companies I've seen over the years when it comes to protecting their intellectual property.

They are the company that brought legal action against a children's book author who used the term "space marine" in a book that had absolutely no correlation to Warhammer 40k, nor was it meant for the same audiences. GW just wanted to flex their legal muscles against the little man for using a term that was well-established as a general sci-fi term long before GW started using it.

That being said, the models look good...but if there is too close of a connection to Warhammer, don't be surprised when it doesn't come to fruition.

Bad boars, bad boars,

Whatcha gonna do?

Whatcha gonna do...

when they come for you?!

Great! Love the poseability. Sniffing us out they are!

Yeah - they're sniffing for hobbits!

Edited by nine09nueve

Got to love those, I take those as a really intuitive creation. Especially the boars, I take the helmets the orcs are wearing are cut up Uruk-Hai ones?

+ Keep creating more!

They are from set #76029 Iron Man vs Ultron Helmet is BL pn 19303 from Ultron Sentry Officer BL sh165. Great part use from Marvel Super Heroes!

They are from set #76029 Iron Man vs Ultron Helmet is BL pn 19303 from Ultron Sentry Officer BL sh165. Great part use from Marvel Super Heroes!

I have NO IDEA what this MrRoy is talking about... The helmet is fairly standard across the battlefields of Middle Zealand - Ugglug and his Lieutenants frequently scavenge the bodies on the battlefield in order to collect the best sets of armour to keep them alive in the next skirmish! :wink:

Ugglug's hair is by Thrash however... Celebrity stylist to the great and the (not-so) good!

Edited by nine09nueve

Gotta admit, my first thought on seeing the topic title was "Shouldn't this go in the Community subforum?" When I see "lug" in a Lego context, I guess I automatically assume it's an acronym!

But regarding the MOC itself, I love those piggies! Their faces are a great blend of fearsome and dopey!

Gotta admit, my first thought on seeing the topic title was "Shouldn't this go in the Community subforum?" When I see "lug" in a Lego context, I guess I automatically assume it's an acronym!

But regarding the MOC itself, I love those piggies! Their faces are a great blend of fearsome and dopey!

Better hope the "lugs" all keep their heads down then... They wouldn't want Ugglug's legal team threatening to sue again!

Yeah there is a cuteness to them... As well as a solid fierceness there! Thanks

I guess that beats being "sue-happy" any day of the week.

I dunno - rather be sued than eaten! :)

Edited by nine09nueve

So I found an LOTR tie-in. Do you want to hear it?

Warning: it is obscure and does not appear in the movies, only in the back story of one of the popular LOTR factions.

Darn it! You beat me to the boar riders! Those were going to be a dwarf force, but now I will have to go in a different direction.

The boars look great, and I love the use the Marvel helms. I use them for my vikings, wasn't thinking of moving them over into my fantasy builds. They work very well with the orcs. I briefly considered Mohawks, etc for my dwarves, but decided against it. They look much better with the orcs.

So I found an LOTR tie-in. Do you want to hear it?

Warning: it is obscure and does not appear in the movies, only in the back story of one of the popular LOTR factions.

So let's hear it then? :D

Awesome figs! Love the boars!

Thank you - if you love em then please consider voting for them at the IDEAS site?

If we all pulled together and voted for more medieval / fantasy / castle themed sets then hopefully it will attract TLG's attention and get less blended/fusion castle in the future?

Much love D

It was in the Third Age 2864, when Folca, thirteenth king of Rohan, a great hunter, after having rid his kingdom of the last remaining orcs that had fled the Battle of Azanulbizar, many years even before his own birth, had traveled to the Firien Wood, a small copse of oakwood at the foot of the White Mountains, the Ered Nimrais, the border between the two kingdoms, somewhere near Halifirien, the last of the beacon watchtowers of Gondor. There did he battle the Boar of Everholt, a fearsome beast, truly magnificent and worthy, having itself gained fame for its own voracity and fierceness in battle. And it was in that year, that King Folca did slay the great beast, yet alas, was slain himself from grievous wounds suffered from the tusks of the boar. And so, ends the story of Folca and the Boar of Everholt, but the Legend lives on in the hearts and minds of those who carry the torch.

Randon imformation: "Boar!" is a word German kids say when the are impressed or amazed (like the English "Wow!").

Just saying...

Sorry, thought the Boar reference was to my Random story.

Edited by MrRoy

If you're talking about me you misunderstood me completely.

I wonder if Orc children speak German?

It was in the Third Age 2864, when Folca, thirteenth king of Rohan, a great hunter, after having rid his kingdom of the last remaining orcs that had fled the Battle of Azanulbizar, many years even before his own birth, had traveled to the Firien Wood, a small copse of oakwood at the foot of the White Mountains, the Ered Nimrais, the border between the two kingdoms, somewhere near Halifirien, the last of the beacon watchtowers of Gondor. There did he battle the Boar of Everholt, a fearsome beast, truly magnificent and worthy, having itself gained fame for its own voracity and fierceness in battle. And it was in that year, that King Folca did slay the great beast, yet alas, was slain himself from grievous wounds suffered from the tusks of the boar. And so, ends the story of Folca and the Boar of Everholt, but the Legend lives on in the hearts and minds of those who carry the torch.

"Hur Hur... serves dem stoopid oomans right.. trying to fight our boars!"

Darn it! You beat me to the boar riders! Those were going to be a dwarf force, but now I will have to go in a different direction.

I *might* have a Dwalin pic or two lying around... riding the boar.... you know... just saying! :P

The boars look great, and I love the use the Marvel helms. I use them for my vikings, wasn't thinking of moving them over into my fantasy builds. They work very well with the orcs. I briefly considered Mohawks, etc for my dwarves, but decided against it. They look much better with the orcs.

Actually - the Mohawks work REALLY well for dwarf slayers!