Sign in to follow this  
Scarst

[COR-FB1] Counting House

It was a quiet day when Lord Pennington's least favorite Accountant entered the room is a garnish noisy fashion.

"CHAUNCY! I HAVE GREAT NEWS!", Whittlesbee practically screamed at Pennington.

"Will you quiet down I was having my mid morning tea.", Pennington said exacerbated.

"Sorry Chauncy, but I'm so excited the trade ships this month performed beyond our expectation, the private ventures too!", Whittlesbee explained.

"By how much, It can't be enough to justify you ruining my tea time!", Pennington scowled

"Well, when I ran the numbers our it seems the income was four times what was expected.", Whittlesbee said.

Pennington started choking on his tea, "FOUR TIMES!?!".

"Yeah including that ship you so generously gave to that Clifton fellow, I heard he almost made enough to buy a ship equal it's size.", Whittlesbee remarked.

Pennington gave a look of disgust for a moment which turned into a devilish grin, "Well it seems Arlinsport will be getting a new counting house, and a brand new accountant."

Whittlesbee left after receiving his new assignment in Arlinsport not sure what to make of the abrupt change in position.

Pennington muttered, "Damn that Clifton!", "At least I wont have that annoying Whittlesbee around calling me Chauncy instead of my proper title anymore."

Later that month

25030770819_e740e0e22a_z.jpgDSC_2851 by Paul Vogel, on Flickr

Morris Whittlesbee had settled into Arlinsport and even was allowed to redecorate the building.

Whittlesbee thought,"Chauncy must really like me to give me such a great post"

Whittlesbee continued on throughout the day receiving and distributing pay for the garrison and various ventures in this up and coming city.

24767730724_11770ed1d3_z.jpgDSC_2854 by Paul Vogel, on Flickr

*Sorry it's not exactly my best, I've been pretty busy.

There's an elegance in it's simplicity.

Yes totally agree with that.

I like the little blue enhancements upon the windows. Simple but effective.

Yes totally agree with that.

I like the little blue enhancements upon the windows. Simple but effective.

indeed. Only tip would be to top of the wall with tiles, but I like it

The story did come out better than the build, but its simplicity is appropriate here. Is the trade run referenced here either the January or February MRCA?

Great to see another official office in Arlinsport - hopefully the upcoming MRCA results will give him plenty to count and administer!

I like the idea, and I think the execution is good too. It is on the simple side, but it works well.

For future interiors, you could try the corner approach, where you build teo of the walls. That gives you more options for decoration, and we have seen many nice examples so far.

I like the story and that's a neat little interior, but I agree showing two walls would help considerably. Good to see you building again. :classic: