Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Episode XI: Cracking Down

shadowsofeurobricks_titlecard.png

gallery_60910_289_117977.png

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

gallery_38409_281_43114.jpg

tn_gallery_38409_281_226.jpg Senator Lycani, my old friend, it's been a long time since we served on Coruscant together. Thank you for agreeing to see me even though I know it is at great risk to yourself to be seen with a known rebel.

tn_gallery_38409_281_188690.jpg There are some things worth risking much for, your friendship is one of them. Now, what can I do for you?

tn_gallery_38409_281_226.jpg As you may have heard, we recently came to acquire a super computer. We smuggled it onto the surface in a transport load of fertilizer. We need the help of some of your best people to crack it, and afterwards you can use the fertilizer as you see fit for your estate.

tn_gallery_38409_281_188690.jpg As you know, all of our technicians work in the rings around our planet. That is good news for you because it means there are very few Imperials troops stationed planet-side. They consider the shipyards around the planet of greater value than the farms on it. Your people and the computer should be safe here. However, it also means to find the kind of help you need you'll have to venture up into the rings. I can give you the names of some people I would recommend, but you'll have to get past the Imperials on your own.

tn_gallery_38409_281_226.jpg Thank you, your help means more than I can say.

gallery_60910_289_877056.png

av-stormtrooper.png Have you seen any suspicious activity?

av-stormtrooper.png No, and we've been searching all day! The Rebels Can't be here. Can't we be done yet? I don't like this place and I'm pretty sure that scaremynok is looking at me!

av-rebeltrooper_yellow.png Uh-oh, it looks like the Empire knows we're here!

gallery_38409_281_8006.jpg

tn_gallery_38409_281_137344.jpg I heard you might be able to help me with a special job.

tn_gallery_38409_281_40060.jpg Perhaps, but let's not talk about it hear. Too many ears

Building objectives:

A small note in advance: this episode has no special rules. Each player can only submit one entry. That entry should depict your character trying to achieve one of the following objectives. All entries will be regarded as usual, independent of which category they follow. So choosing which category to build in can be done freely, without any tactical considerations. Just choose what is most interesting to you.

If you are a Rebel...

Your build should represent your character being involved in ...:

• Cracking the Super-computer
  • Recruiting technicians from the rings
  • Hiding on the planet's surface

If you are an Imperial...

Your build should represent your character being involved in ...:

• Searching the planet's surface for Rebels
  • Searching the rings for Rebels
  • Interogating any captured Rebels

These are not exhaustive lists so something different that still fulfills the spirit of the contest is allowed.

The Prizes:

• From the Core Rules:
    • Your faction will receive points based on two factors:
      • Builders: Two points for each builder.

[*]These two totals are added to each other, and the faction with the higher total is the winner.

[*]All the players on the winning faction will receive this tag gallery_60910_289_556.png to commemorate their victory. You can only have one of these tags or one of the Community Build tags at a time, but a log will be kept of all the tags you've earned in your profile in the Characters topic.

[*]The player who receives the most total individual points, regardless of team, is guaranteed a spot among the next set of the blog's Showcased MOCs. (This member must still be able to provide a picture big enough and of suitable quality to be used in the Showcased banner.)

[*]You will receive XP equal to the number of points you are awarded from the judges.

[*]Thanks to the generosity of RoyalBrickCustoms (link), we will be able to give away some unique SoNE-themed cloth minifig accessories. The player with the most XP earned in this episode on every faction will receive a pack. Furthermore, there will also be a separate sponsor's choice award for the person RoyalBrickCustoms thinks has incorporated the theme best. (Details subject to change)

The Rules:

• All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation.
  • The Empire's goal and the Alliance's goal is to depict their character fulfilling one of the objectives.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds, as long as they follow the above described goals and represent the designated location.
  • The Episode will run from Feb 29th to April 30th. As long as it is still April 30th somewhere in the world, you can still enter.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP.
  • Entries will be judged according to the Core Rules:
    • Your build will be scored in two stages, to make it easier on the judges by lessening the number of builds that must be scored in greater detail:
      • In the first stage, the judges will award a score from 1-10, with a '1' being "Minifig on a Plate", a '5' being "Your Average MOC" and a '10' being "Flawless Concept and Execution".
      • In the second stage, the top five builds of each faction (so ten in total) from the first stage will be scored based on basic predetermined criteria: up to 10 points for the concept and appropriateness to the objective, up to 25 points for your execution of the build, and up to 5 points for your presentation of the entry.
      • NEW RULE! If we don't have more than 10 players per team, we will skip the second round of judging. That means both teams need at least 10 players for the second round to happen.
      • For builders who make it to the second stage, their second stage total is added to their first stage points, and that total is divided by two and a half. You can earn a maximum of 20 points in each episode.

[*]The amount of points you earn is also the amount of XP your character earns.

[*]This episode/contest is open to all players of Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP. The SoNE staff can't partake in the betting.

[*]All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the episode. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.

[*]All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts.

[*]All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Nar Eurbrikka subforum, the title prefixed by, "[soNE Ep. XI]". (For example, "[soNE Ep. XI] Cracking the Computer".) There's no need to state which one of the objectives you're following.

[*]Post pictures no larger than 1000x720, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.

[*]You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited.

[*]All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

Did you mean Kuat?

Ah, sorry yes. I didn't see it in the opening! Still, I'm afraid our Imperial forces will once again crush the Rebel Alliance!

Can I use my last freebuild for a flashback scene? Entry for the episode will ofcourse be new, but I need that one just for one photo, to continue the story...

Can I use my last freebuild for a flashback scene? Entry for the episode will ofcourse be new, but I need that one just for one photo, to continue the story...

Flashbacks in freebuilds are totally allowed!

forgive me if I missed it but is there any limitations on size? (been gone from SoNE a while) I hope to find time to build in this round again, been too long already.

forgive me if I missed it but is there any limitations on size? (been gone from SoNE a while) I hope to find time to build in this round again, been too long already.

No limitations!

So a Google search and a perusal of Kuat's Wookieepedia page turn up little on the surface of the planet. I'm seeing it as a cross between Lothal and Alderaan- would that be right?

I had the same issue as I tried to prepare for this contest. Something close to Lothal is pretty accurate. But don't forget the pillar mesas! I think of the surface as being mostly farmlands to help feed the workers in the rings.

I'm inclined to build an entry, but my lighting situation isn't good.

Great work to everyone so far! You still have a few hours left before the contest is over!

I've just found out, that I forgot to add the title. Is it also okay without it? If not, can you please write something like "Hiding on Kuat" or something similliar? Thanks in advance.

I've just found out, that I forgot to add the title. Is it also okay without it? If not, can you please write something like "Hiding on Kuat" or something similliar? Thanks in advance.

Done!

This contest is over, but while you wait for the judging, check out this contest!

And the scores are in...

Empire

# of Builders = 10

Average Score = 7.23

Total Score = 72

Rebels

# of Builders = 6

Average Score = 6.83

Total Score = 41

Congratulations to the Empire! As there were only 6 Rebel builders, the judging only went to the first round.

The highest scoring Empire player and overall winner was Lucas Laughing, and the highest scoring Rebel player was Jannik. RoyalBrickCustoms will be in touch with you. For those from the Empire who entered the contest, you are eligible for the tag, please leave a comment if you would like your tag updated.

Here are the scores, the player index will be updated soon:

Empire - LucasLaughing - 9

Empire - Commander Beltar - 9

Rebels - Jannik - 9

Rebels - WickNole - 8

Empire - goatman461 - 8

Empire - Puvel - 8

Empire - Kodan Black - 8

Rebels - Forresto - 7

Empire - Junior Shark - 7

Empire - Lord Tyrus - 7

Empire - Dragonfire - 6

Rebels - Manx - 6

Rebels - MontyPython - 6

Empire - Tariq j - 6

Empire - Brickwolf - 5

Rebels - Aland1916 - 4

Congratulations! And thank you MKJoshA and other judges for keeping everything smooth. This was a very nice episode!

Alright Alliance we need to regroup and recoup our losses. It was a risky operation assaulting Kuat, belly of the Imperial Navy, and while yes our mission was a failure we must hope we struck a cord within Imperial Command. No Imperial world is safe.

Thank you to the judges and mods for another great contest! Also, thanks to all the SoNE builders (even the rebels) for keeping this game fun and interesting :classic:

Thanks you for the contest MKJoshA! and the judges and participants for a good game.