CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

He got them through the VIP program on S@H. Not entirely sure of the logistics of how.

Hmmm, odd. Maybe that has contributed to it going out of stock so fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't know. All I know is he posted in a LUG Facebook group about having a spare, and I jumped on it as quick as possible, mainly for the option of being able to pay it off, instead of in one lump sum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^back in stock where? S@H still shows it Temporarily Out of Stock for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear that. Honestly, boxes from S@H always come perfect for me. It's just the keychains I've had bad experiences with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to share this great set that I feel LEGO designers nailed it. It's not finished or perfect, but I'm happy with the results so far. I took the shots at day, dusk, and night. The photos just don't do it justice, but I set the top color to pink and bottom to white for breast cancer awareness this weekend. Closer to Halloween I'll change them to orange over purple. Lego Disney Castle sm.jpgLego Disney Castle sm 2.jpgLego Disney Castle sm 3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2016 at 10:15 PM, TheLegGodt said:

In The Netherlands S@H. Mine has just arrived. Box in perfect condition. 

got mine today and exactly the same, very minor nick but nothing to complain about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the Minnie in the balcony have her skirt on? Trying to place mine and can't get her to fit without removing it.

Edit: Managed to get her in, had to take the railing down and then reassemble.

Edited by sunhuntin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did remove Minnie's skirt and put it with Cinderella's slipper so it won't get lost. You can't tell unless you look really closely. I'll try to post the back side later with my connections for the wiring. I just purchased 2 different (non weather proof) color changing LED strips that can be cut and connectors. The only tool I needed was a pair of scissors to cut the strips. The strips have sticky tape to just stick on. I bought my items off Amazon but I know LED strips are available about anywhere, and their not that expensive. The weather proof strips won't fit in the upper sections and it's a pain to remove the rubber protection for the connectors (I damaged one line when I tried). It was really not hard to do and it just adds a whole new level of depth and realism. Now if I could only get that sugar coated look for the holidays. I'll post the back as soon as I can to show a better view of the connectors and how the castle can still be taken apart without removing the light strips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mgoblue1997 said:

I did remove Minnie's skirt and put it with Cinderella's slipper so it won't get lost. You can't tell unless you look really closely. I'll try to post the back side later with my connections for the wiring. I just purchased 2 different (non weather proof) color changing LED strips that can be cut and connectors. The only tool I needed was a pair of scissors to cut the strips. The strips have sticky tape to just stick on. I bought my items off Amazon but I know LED strips are available about anywhere, and their not that expensive. The weather proof strips won't fit in the upper sections and it's a pain to remove the rubber protection for the connectors (I damaged one line when I tried). It was really not hard to do and it just adds a whole new level of depth and realism. Now if I could only get that sugar coated look for the holidays. I'll post the back as soon as I can to show a better view of the connectors and how the castle can still be taken apart without removing the light strips.

That all sounds great! Would you recommend the ones you've bought so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BrickHat said:

That all sounds great! Would you recommend the ones you've bought so far?

Yes, I would recommend.

 

9 hours ago, atomic80 said:

Can you post a link to the two different LED strips that you got. The ones I found so far are in fact weather proof. 

 

If you do a search for "ledwholesellers color changing kit" you should go right to the item. It retails for $27.50. I used the zitrades 10 pc. connectors listed below the LED strips. I'm not able to post links at this time, but when I return home either Sunday or Monday, I'll do that if you're still having trouble.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mgoblue1997 said:

Yes, I would recommend.

 

If you do a search for "ledwholesellers color changing kit" you should go right to the item. It retails for $27.50. I used the zitrades 10 pc. connectors listed below the LED strips. I'm not able to post links at this time, but when I return home either Sunday or Monday, I'll do that if you're still having trouble.

Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who missed out on the Disney CMF series like I did, they are now available on the shop at home site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cmay91472 said:

For those of you who missed out on the Disney CMF series like I did, they are now available on the shop at home site. 

Took a while. Weren't they supposed to be back earlier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Took a while. Weren't they supposed to be back earlier?

They never had an exact date whenever I asked, just sometime in the fall. They had a limit of 18 when I placed my order earlier today.

The actual Lego stores in the US are supposed to receive them on either T,W, or Th along with more Disney castles in a ground shipment separate from their regular Tuesday shipments, so anyone still looking for the Castle, definitely start checking your local stores on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mgoblue1997: The light looks really great! I am looking foreward to do something similar when I am going to build up my set! 

I know about flexible LED light ribbons that can be used with different colors. They are availible in crafting stores. I think with christmas coming near, there are going to be a lot of such lights availible in shops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Cmay91472 said:

They never had an exact date whenever I asked, just sometime in the fall. They had a limit of 18 when I placed my order earlier today.

The actual Lego stores in the US are supposed to receive them on either T,W, or Th along with more Disney castles in a ground shipment separate from their regular Tuesday shipments, so anyone still looking for the Castle, definitely start checking your local stores on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

 

Hmmm, interesting. Well it makes sense, they did have to make a toooon of minifigs to satisfy the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2016 at 4:00 PM, Cmay91472 said:

They never had an exact date whenever I asked, just sometime in the fall. They had a limit of 18 when I placed my order earlier today.

The actual Lego stores in the US are supposed to receive them on either T,W, or Th along with more Disney castles in a ground shipment separate from their regular Tuesday shipments, so anyone still looking for the Castle, definitely start checking your local stores on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

 

My local LEGO Store (in Austin, Texas, USA) states that they usually receive shipments on Fridays and sometimes Wednesdays.
This past week they received no shipments of the castle whatsoever.

To add to the mess - they told another customer while I was there that TLG recalled all of the stock from that store to help fulfill the back-orders online.

All-in-all, it's been a bit frustrating trying to get our hands on a set.
Things worked out as a relative was able to pick one up this past week in La Jolla, California and ship it to us.
But it would have been so much easier for us to just go to our local store and pick one up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lomis said:

My local LEGO Store (in Austin, Texas, USA) states that they usually receive shipments on Fridays and sometimes Wednesdays.
This past week they received no shipments of the castle whatsoever.

To add to the mess - they told another customer while I was there that TLG recalled all of the stock from that store to help fulfill the back-orders online.

All-in-all, it's been a bit frustrating trying to get our hands on a set.
Things worked out as a relative was able to pick one up this past week in La Jolla, California and ship it to us.
But it would have been so much easier for us to just go to our local store and pick one up.

The local store here says to call every Monday to see if a shipment came in with the Disney Castle.  They do have the minifigs so I still have hope that the castle will come in again for the holidays too.  I would like to get a couple more eventually.  Anyway, the build is worth the hassle you went through to get it.  It's basically three stages, hardly any repetition and the colors work very well together.   I finished building it last night.   Still need to put on the stickers but they can wait.  

I also increased the depth of the front center balcony after noticing here that people are having a hard time fitting Minnie into it with her skirt.  It was fairly simple, using a 2x6 brown instead of the 1x6 on page 361.  Then swapping two brown 1x3's for the 1x2's and adding 1x1 bricks studs up the side.    There's little or no difference to be seen in the final appearance.  I also added a black stud to Mickie's feet to make him taller (Minnie over towers him with that bow).  Other than that, the Castle is one if the best builds to date.  Hope you enjoy it as much!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The U.S. Lego Shop Online shows the Disney Castle in stock but sadly they sold out fast and the website hasn't been updated.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The U.S. Lego Shop Online DOES have it!  Order away now if u see this.  They sold out the entire stock of 700 in an hour earlier this morning.    She wont tell me how many they have in stock right now.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BrickOCD said:

I also increased the depth of the front center balcony after noticing here that people are having a hard time fitting Minnie into it with her skirt.  It was fairly simple, using a 2x6 brown instead of the 1x6 on page 361.  Then swapping two brown 1x3's for the 1x2's and adding 1x1 bricks studs up the side.    There's little or no difference to be seen in the final appearance.  I also added a black stud to Mickie's feet to make him taller (Minnie over towers him with that bow).  Other than that, the Castle is one if the best builds to date.  Hope you enjoy it as much!

You mean step 361 not page 361? I see that a two 1x2 plates and 1 1x6 plate is used. Both brown..did you mean to switch those out to two 1x3 plates and a 2x6 plate and then put 1x1 brick on the side? Do you mind taking a close up picture to show us how it looks? I'm having a hard time envisioning how you did that.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.