CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

Thanks all .. I didn't think about the London bus being for Big Ben .. makes perfect sense now .. the Goofy polybag would be a very welcome addition ^_^ .. countdown timer set here ha ha

For some reason I had a dream I bought this set… and then freaked out because I really shouldn't be spending $400 right now :wacko: That said, even though I likely won't be getting it, this set is gorgeous!! The only thing I'm not sold on is the figs, they're not bad but I'm not particularly fond of them and like others have said it would have been nice to have more people to put in the rooms based on them. But other than that, man, just imagining having that on display… must… not… give in to temptation…

I plan to pair that with the Book of Monsters from Nexo Knights :laugh:

oh yes, more evil books against one book, this is good for my medieval fantasy story :)

I miss 2 books from first wave (5 books), and just look from far the second wave books, I think I see new books in the second wave but also books from first wave.

this set is definitely being bought at the start of september :).

me and my friend are going to our closest store to get one each.

as a disney fan and my girlfriend is a disney fan this will be a display only set in a cabinet in one of our rooms in the house.

will look good in our slight paris themed room i think :).

I called my neraest Lego store on Monday ( I just couldn't help myself ) I spoke with a girl who I've spoken to a few times before but I can't recall her name ( sorry ) but she's been really helpful in the past and reserved me a Ghostbusters Headquareters on its release day so I wouldn't have a wasted journey .. she's brilliant !

So she tells me that early release for VIP members on August 17th ( general release on September 1st ) and when I asked her if she could reserve me one again so I wouldn't have a wasted trip she said I'll just check with a manager .. she returned and said call on the release day and it shouldn't be a problem ^_^

I'm really excited about this set, probably more so than any other set since the Sea Cow was part of the TLM second wave.

Display space is starting to become an issue with these large sets. Will have to move either the Helicarrier, Tumbler or GBHQ to make room for this as these sets seem to keep getting larger and larger (not a bad thing).

why couldn't Lego make it in a more creator style of building where YOU open it up yourself to see the inside and the back. But instead they turned it in to a DOLLHOUSE errrrrrrrrrrr CASTLE.

It looks like LEGO Stores are already getting the set early to build for display

BS35yiy.jpg

(From Reddit)

why couldn't Lego make it in a more creator style of building where YOU open it up yourself to see the inside and the back. But instead they turned it in to a DOLLHOUSE errrrrrrrrrrr CASTLE.

I have a great idea...buy TWO of these and make it into a complete castle on both sides that opens up to reveal the interior. That's a thought I had.

I have a great idea...buy TWO of these and make it into a complete castle on both sides that opens up to reveal the interior. That's a thought I had.

You're going to need a lot of extra bricks for that. The base actually extends out past the walls on the back, so you'll need to build up walls all the way up to the top, unless you rebuild the base so it's right up to the walls.

It looks like LEGO Stores are already getting the set early to build for display

(From Reddit)

Hope I'll get it too

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Don't Quote Pictures

You're going to need a lot of extra bricks for that. The base actually extends out past the walls on the back, so you'll need to build up walls all the way up to the top, unless you rebuild the base so it's right up to the walls.

I bet someone will make the attempt. Not me though!

I wish I could get paid to build sets for display.

I do love those Nexo Knight shields.

Skipping on this set. I've got no room to display such a massive piece and the minifig assortment is less than stellar. I'll just be admiring it in photos.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble with this theory, but I think it could be right. I'm not sure if the rooms in the Castle are related to future minifigures at all...maybe the rooms are so kids can put the minidolls in the castle too?

Bottom Floor

I can see Elements of beauty and the Beast down here, but it could just be a general hallway for the castle.

Magic Carpet - We have Aladdin and Jasmine in minidoll form.

1st Floor

Cinderella's kitchen - We have Cinderella and her Prince in minidoll form.

Beauty and the Beast objects - We've just gotten Beauty and the Beast characters in minidoll form.

2nd Floor

Spinning Wheel - Maleficent the minifigure and we have Aurora in minidoll form.

Fantasia room - We have two Mickey's.

The Rest

Bedroom - Based on Walt Disney's room. Now I know we have no Walt Disney himself, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't in the polybag when this is released.

Chest & Fireworks Room - The chest is clearly a nod at Rapunzel; we have her in minidoll form also.

Snow White - Granted, we have no one from Snow White. Which has lead me to think that either a dwarf or maybe even the Witch in her "old hag" get-up could be the polybag that comes with the set. Also it's quite odd that there's a Chinese knock-off minidoll of Snow White floating around the internet at the moment. Belle came last year and she was quite similar to how Belle looked in the new Beauty and the Beast set. I wouldn't be surprised if a Snow White set for the minidolls wasn't on the cards; in which case my theory could be right - the rooms are set to hold the minidolls as well as the minifigures.

Brave Target Practice - We have Merida in minidoll form too.

Now; I'm not a fan of this theory because I'd prefer these characters in minifigure form myself; but you see where I might get this theory from? I thought as I saw the pictures - all the rooms (aside from Snow White) technically have minidolls anyway, so I don't think they're showing us hints for future minifigures for Series 2.

Hmm, I dunno ... Has TLG been known to mix minifigs and minidolls before? I've always considered them as belonging to separate universes. I mean, minidolls live in Heartlake City and rarely ever leave it, right?

Haha, sorry, you're right, of course. I'm not really familiar with the Princess range, just a regular City guy I guess (and a noob to boot), so minidolls and Friends were synonymous to me there for a second. Please disregard. :blush:

Edit: But hey, I have one more post than you! :grin: Welcome to us, and may this be the begin of a wonderful journey! :thumbup:

Edited by Brick Dangerous