CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

Chewy - something tells me that you are just a tad bent haha. "ewoks have special tricks?" That part of the castle may need a curtain added.

Ok so - great video. It gave me an idea to widen the balcony pretty easily, just have to find the piece I need.

Thanks.

FYI... Replacement sticker sheets are now available from Lego in case anyone isn't happy with the placement of the front left 'stone' sticker as a result of the mistake (incorrect sticker placement shown in the instructions) in the instruction manual.

FYI... Replacement sticker sheets are now available from Lego in case anyone isn't happy with the placement of the front left 'stone' sticker as a result of the mistake (incorrect sticker placement shown in the instructions) in the instruction manual.

Forgive me if this has already been explained, but how would I go about ordering the sticker sheet? I had read about the mistake prior to building and STILL messed it up anyway.

Didn't realize there was a mistake on the sticker application, glad I checked this topic before building!

Got mine in the mail yesterday, very excited to build/review it. The box is enormous and heavy... I honestly don't even know where I'll have room for it.

Forgive me if this has already been explained, but how would I go about ordering the sticker sheet? I had read about the mistake prior to building and STILL messed it up anyway.

Disney castle really looks good next to the haunted house, grand carousel and ferris wheel!

LEGOTOWN begins by Jason Tang, on Flickr

That carousel really makes the Haunted House look small. In fact, it looks to be the biggest piece in term of scale, it makes almost everything look small.

Just ordered this in the UK but its on back order.

How are peoples experience with the delivery of this set? I really hope that it wont be damaged while being shipped! Surely lego must package this really well due to the value and not wanting a massive number of returns !

I alvays recieve sets from S@H in mint condition. No damage to the box.

Very surprised this is already on back order, it's only just been released. Generally when something is on back order it really is questionable whether you will get it. Otherwise it would just state 'temporarily out of stock'. However, I am somewhat comforted that they state it will ship by the 3rd of October. Should I be concerned and rush to the closest Lego store or relax and wait?

I heard somewhere that central storage in Billund is also out of stock, which is very rare and so far happened just few times, last time that I remember it was with wall-e, so it could be that they are fixing something. To be clear: this is just my speculation.

But no worries: I'm sure that DC will be back and with us for many years. They would not put in all that work for just few week's sales.

The Disney fan base is far wider than the FOL community. I expected this to happen. I also expect there to be sell-outs during the gift-giving holidays season. I think the rush for this set will die down some time near the middle of February.

Just ordered this in the UK but its on back order.

How are peoples experience with the delivery of this set? I really hope that it wont be damaged while being shipped! Surely lego must package this really well due to the value and not wanting a massive number of returns !

Mine came a little beaten up, with a gash or two here and there. Personally it doesn't bother me (and I got it for free, so I can hardly complain!), but I've cared about the condition of other boxes, so I hope it doesn't happen to others. Mine was packed with another set, so there was a bit of extra space in the box, which was filled with those large air pouches. Came direct from Billund.

Mine came a little beaten up, with a gash or two here and there. Personally it doesn't bother me (and I got it for free, so I can hardly complain!), but I've cared about the condition of other boxes, so I hope it doesn't happen to others. Mine was packed with another set, so there was a bit of extra space in the box, which was filled with those large air pouches. Came direct from Billund.

On day 1 of VIP sales at my local store, they were packed two to a shipping box. As they were unboxing them for customers, all of them had either crushed edges, punctures, dents. Nothing major in any way, but definitely not MISB condition. Ghostbusters HQ were packed the same way to the stores and also had similar shipping issues for the sets sent to the stores. The managers kept sounding like a broken record telling every customer that all the boxes were in similar condition as they complained about the minor imperfections.

The cardboard used for the Disney Castle and Ghostbusters HQ is very thin just like the Slave 1 and nowhere near as sturdy compared to the nice thick cardboard used for sets like the Hellicarrier, Tumbler, Sea Cow. Problem is that since these two sets are double the size compared to the Slave 1 packaging, it doesn't hold up as well.

all the other sets i have received from s@h including ewok village and the millennium falcon came mint with no dents and those are large-ish sets.

Im not too fussed about a minor mark and score but large dents etc would really bug me. Ill see what condition it is in when it arrives but not holding my breath now (i take it lego accepts returns for damaged boxes? ............

I bought GB HQ in the store and the box was fine. Perhaps the other store was unlucky? (Or I was lucky!)

Just noticed that the estimated shipping date for DC is before 26 September. That is almost present day, and still they call it Backordered. Can't remember seeing this before with a set.

Can someone post a photo of the other side of the magic carpet please ? I watched all the reviews on Youtube but no one shows it.

If someone combined the magic carpet from this castle and the magic carpet with printed parts from the Disney Princess line, can you show us what it looks like ? Thank you :)

So would this warrant easier finding at Disney theme parks? I know Disney has a policy to never have any sold out on their counters, but seeing how this set is the most wanted set this year is insane. Lego has a no hold set policy, this lady left the store to get the cash from the atm, there was a couple who showed interest on it and the clerk asked his boss on holding sets, he refuted that no, they can't hold it, and the couple who wanted the set ended up buying it instantly. I didn't stick around for the poor woman who went for the money but I can sure you it didn't go well.

Just call Lego customer service and press the corresponding number for replacement parts on the phone tree. The sticker sheet is Part # 6159843 - sticker 71040v39. Just have your instruction manual with you when calling in case they request the numerical code found on the back of the manual to verify 'proof' of ownership.

If needed, just review this photo to see how to properly line up the left and right turret stickers so they are centered and symmetrical and most of all not partially covered.

How to correctly line up the left middle turret.

Thank you!

Can someone post a photo of the other side of the magic carpet please ? I watched all the reviews on Youtube but no one shows it.

If someone combined the magic carpet from this castle and the magic carpet with printed parts from the Disney Princess line, can you show us what it looks like ? Thank you :)

Here you go

29827817415_12f5274ba4_h.jpgLEGO Magic Carpet by Jason Tang, on Flickr

29535206340_ef6618d09d_h.jpgLEGO Magic Carpet by Jason Tang, on Flickr

29535206260_92efcac3ae_h.jpgLEGO Magic Carpet by Jason Tang, on Flickr

Received mine today, after 5 and a bit weeks paying it off. Another collector bought two, with one to sell, so I snagged it. The build start will wait until Monday, as i have a big day at work on Sunday, so the castle will be my prize. Haha.

19 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

Received mine today, after 5 and a bit weeks paying it off. Another collector bought two, with one to sell, so I snagged it. The build start will wait until Monday, as i have a big day at work on Sunday, so the castle will be my prize. Haha.

Really? How'd he do that? At my local Lego store they had a limit of 1 per customer.