CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

I've tried to find an announcement from TLG that there is a new set series based on the theme parks and cannot find one. I have found blogs and reports from others speculating that because of the Disney Castle there is a theme park series up and coming, but nothing official from Lego.

Is this just speculation because of the castle? Has anyone seen an official announcement?

I've tried to find an announcement from TLG that there is a new set series based on the theme parks and cannot find one. I have found blogs and reports from others speculating that because of the Disney Castle there is a theme park series up and coming, but nothing official from Lego.

Is this just speculation because of the castle? Has anyone seen an official announcement?

This is so funny, people think LEGO is actually going to make more theme park sets lol. I've seen it all year!

Nope, sorry. There will not be more theme park sets. There is no announcemet, there was no announcement, end of story.

:grin:

This is so funny, people think LEGO is actually going to make more theme park sets lol. I've seen it all year!

Nope, sorry. There will not be more theme park sets. There is no announcemet, there was no announcement, end of story.

While you're right, another Disney D2C is a safe bet

Simpsons got a D2C for each series. If Disney Series 2 happens, then there will probably be another D2C

The question is, what could it be?

Disneyworld Main Street with a parade with some floats? So both D2C sets could go together

I wish I could have read this before I called customer service to inquire. I only asked if there had been an official announcement. My guess is the representative had been asked this question many times before because he was quite prickly lol. I never did get an answer from him.

Just so you all know. Customer service reps are "Not Allowed To Speculate!" Don't ask them any questions about up and coming sets because they are "Not Allowed To Speculate!" Even if you are NOT asking them to speculate, trust me - they are "Not Allowed to Speculate".

I do personally think that we're unlikely to see further D2C sets based on Disney parks, even if this one IS successful. And that's mainly because the appeal of this particular castle is much broader than most other park attractions. Specifically, this castle is the one that appears in the title card for every single Disney movie (often along with Tinkerbell, hence her inclusion). Even someone who has literally never visited a Disney park will recognize it from that alone. If that weren't enough to add to the appeal of this one, the many, many references to classic Disney movies and the iconic Disney figures. By contrast, even hugely popular attractions like the Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth have less universal recognition and appeal.

Also, it's worth keeping in mind that the price point of this set puts it in a class above your average D2C set like modular buildings or even the Simpsons House. Even among buyers of this set (which will likely remain available for several years), I doubt that many will be eager to spring for another similarly priced purchase year after year.

I do personally think that we're unlikely to see further D2C sets based on Disney parks, even if this one IS successful. And that's mainly because the appeal of this particular castle is much broader than most other park attractions. Specifically, this castle is the one that appears in the title card for every single Disney movie (often along with Tinkerbell, hence her inclusion).

That was my initial thought also. So this weekend I started watching the Disney movies associated with the castle set so I could better appreciate the different rooms. I was simply under the impression the castle was to add another dimension to the CMF series. I started with "Tangled" which was actually pretty good and then "Brave" which didn't hold my interest. (I am not one to sit idle long.) And then it occured to me that maybe, if this is a park theme, watching the movies isn't all that important. But if that's not the case then there's a few more movies I will need to watch. Thanks for your input also.

I do personally think that we're unlikely to see further D2C sets based on Disney parks, even if this one IS successful. And that's mainly because the appeal of this particular castle is much broader than most other park attractions. Specifically, this castle is the one that appears in the title card for every single Disney movie (often along with Tinkerbell, hence her inclusion). Even someone who has literally never visited a Disney park will recognize it from that alone. If that weren't enough to add to the appeal of this one, the many, many references to classic Disney movies and the iconic Disney figures. By contrast, even hugely popular attractions like the Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth have less universal recognition and appeal.

Also, it's worth keeping in mind that the price point of this set puts it in a class above your average D2C set like modular buildings or even the Simpsons House. Even among buyers of this set (which will likely remain available for several years), I doubt that many will be eager to spring for another similarly priced purchase year after year.

It isn't. The castle you see attached to movies is a composite of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty Castle. I'd be surprised if this was the only D2C Disney set, but I agree that a follow up would be difficult. Sleeping Beauty Castle would be obvious, but it doesn't have the same recognition as CS, plus would they really want to have two castles.

I'd be very happy to also see the "first" castle, that is, Sleeping Beauty's Castle from Disneyland, released in the future. I don't see why Disney / Lego fans would limit themselves to one castle. Lego has been releasing various castles for years and years and years. Another "deluxe" castle surely wouldn't be out of the question. It would also cover off all of the parks, except for Shanghai since Hong Kong and Paris also use Sleeping Beauty's Castle (although the Paris version is quite different to Los Angeles and Hong Kong).

I have seen non-FOL Disney fans that are willing to spend thousands a year on memorabilia. People who will buy multiples, and successive redesigns of the same product, are out there. This is the biggest step into that specific collectors market, and if it is successful, we could see more of this scale Disney sets. That would be after this set completes its run, which could be two years or more.

What could that be, though? Spaceship Earth? Probably not, because the build would be repetitive and would have little external visual interest. I could see the Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom as a set on this scale.

I could also see smaller Disney parks sets, not D2C but a theme unto itself coming out of this. A possibility that would depend on the broader appeal to an existing fan base. If there is a significant bump in the sales of Disney Princesses sets that follow the wide release of this set, I could see TLG perusing a full theme because of this. Right now it is a slim possibility, but if a market demand becomes apparent, it would be plausibly a good business decision.

Would the Teacups ride make a good Lego set?

The Castle looks incredible next to Orthanc, Big Ben and GB HQ. As a standalone model it's going to look even more impressive. I hope it sells like 10188 and then it might be the beginning of something more, whether it's next D2C or just regular theme. I wish a huge income for TLG and more sets for myself :)

I don't think I would buy a second castle, mainly due to "where do you put it?!" But would love some slightly smaller sets like the parade floats, rides, shops or sideshow booths. maybe the train station even?

I personally think they should start aiming at making more castles and sets from other disney movies in UCS style. Agrabah, Forbidden Fortress or even a Halloween Town could be a welcome addition.

The Castle looks incredible next to Orthanc, Big Ben and GB HQ. As a standalone model it's going to look even more impressive. I hope it sells like 10188 and then it might be the beginning of something more, whether it's next D2C or just regular theme. I wish a huge income for TLG and more sets for myself :)

I just ordered the Tower of Orthanc...I hope to build all of these sets and put them next to the Eiffel Tower. That would be cool to see! All the tallest sets offered by LEGO!

I don't think I would buy a second castle, mainly due to "where do you put it?!" But would love some slightly smaller sets like the parade floats, rides, shops or sideshow booths. maybe the train station even?

I would gladly get a second castle then MOC one display just for Disneyland and the other for Disney World.

If they ever made Sleeping Beauty's Castle as a set I feel it's smaller size could be an advantage. Perhaps they could give it a fully finished back wall in the same price point. Maybe even including Snow White's well and grotto? The smaller size will mean less rooms, but more things on the side could be displayed.

Just got mine in the mail today and its awesome! I just built the bottom of the castle and its already as big as the 2013 Arkham Asylum and it's not even done yet!

Loved building this .. I am still a little bit saddened that it's a 'doll house' style on the back yet was really impressed by lots of the mini builds in the castle ( the magic mirror, the grandfather clock )

The engineering behind this was brilliant .. the way a lot of the pieces are 'turned' and attached to create the architecture of the turrets etc.

If they made Sleeping Beauty's castle I think I'd be prepared for buying that too .. and as xboxtravis said the castle itself is smaller than Cinderellas so could perhaps be cheaper than this one.

My castle has found its home for display and has a light globe behind it that is colour changing ( or static colour ) couple of pics day / night

image_5.jpeg[/url]

My castle has found its home for display and has a light globe behind it that is colour changing ( or static colour ) couple of pics day / night

That looks flippin' gorgeous.

Has anybody had any part issues with this set? Most of the plates in the un-numbered bag were warped. I'm not sure if it was a manufacturing error or just because it had been very hot here in New England that week. I also had a missing part, and an extra 1x8 (I think, could be 1x6) light blueish grey brick. TLG sent me some new parts, which was very awesome, but I was wondering if anybody else was having part issues with this set. Thanks!

I'm not sure how to post images from google photos, so here's one that I shared of the plate issue - https://goo.gl/photo...CZWKANLfcXmG3D7

One of my plates was slightly warped .. but by the time everything else was added to it it was fine .. I found I had a 1x1x4 high light blue/grey brick and was paranoid I'd missed putting it in somewhere !

Glad Lego sorted the plates for you