CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

Haha! and my wife was just commenting on how OCD I am when she saw me aligning up the word Lego on all the gold round studs on the very last section of the build.

I did notice that a few of my pieces were in the wrong bags. In bag number one, I had one of the wide brown bricks. I kept thinking I missed a few steps throughout the entire build only to then finally need it near the end when it calls for the use of four of them (the other three were in the correct numbered bag).

There were also a couple of instances where I swear they do not tell you to use a piece in the manual only to then see it magically appear used a few pages further when I had to figure out why I had an extra piece at the end of a bag. In the end, I still had two white 1x2 white plates that I never figured out where they went.

Lastly, for sticker freaks.... Take your time with the two stickers on the front right and left pillars that go on the big round grey pieces. If you don't put the sticker on the correct place (Manual doesn't quite have you put it in the right place)may wind up getting partially covered by the long grey things often used in space ship builds (sorry I don't know the correct piece names) and I know that will annoy those who are perfectionist.

I made that mistake by following the instructions and forced me to re-apply one of them which I'm still annoyed at.

Edited by Cmay91472

Seeing that it sells really well: how long do you think this will be available for purchase?

That's a good question. Our local store manager said it should be around for the Christmas season. Experts here on the boards say longer. The Lego customer service rep said she had no idea and would only tell me that the set was flying out of the warehouse.

My gut feeling is that it will be like 10188 and sell for years but will be "Out of stock" quite often. It will be interesting to watch how this set sells. The Disney CMF's are definitely coming back in Sept (so says the customer service rep) but who knows how long they will be in stock.

I was going to wait until later to purchase with double VIP points, but couldn't take the pressure.

Seeing that it sells really well: how long do you think this will be available for purchase?

You've got some time based off of the recent large sets. The Hellicarrier is still available and was released in Feb of 2015 so that's already 1.5 years, and both the Tumbler and Sea Cow were available for about two years before being retired. Now, how often it is actually in stock during a two year window? That will be the tougher thing to predict.

Being a huge bluray collector, I know Disney likes using their 'vault' strategy as they like to keep their in-house 'properties' available in short supply and for short periods of time only to re-issue the same thing a few years later for more money.... Hmmnn. Sound familiar?

Edited by Cmay91472

I'm loving building this .. I'm enjoying it .. taking my time apart from I got most of the minifigures out of their respective bags .. except I couldn't find Donald's hat .. so when I discovered there was a spare tiara from the princess and the frog part .. I just couldn't help myself .. sorry Donald ^_^

So the Disney Castle is a success (looking at YouTube, and forums similar to this)

What Disney parks set is next? Spaceship earth (epcot ball), haunted mansion or something else

Can anyone say if the Magic Carpet from the Princess Jasmine set will fit where the provided one is? I don't think the one they included looks good enough and plan to swap them out, if it will fit right.

Can anyone say if the Magic Carpet from the Princess Jasmine set will fit where the provided one is? I don't think the one they included looks good enough and plan to swap them out, if it will fit right.

Yes, but you will need to remove the two circle pieces on the bottom from the version from the princess set I believe. Otherwise both builds are 4x6 with clips on the end (albeit different ones).

Edited by Cmay91472

Are there fish included in the build of the kitchen? Since learning it is supposed to be inspired by the Little Mermaid I need to make sure it includes Les Poissons.

If not I will have to scavange some from other sets.

Being a huge bluray collector, I know Disney likes using their 'vault' strategy as they like to keep their in-house 'properties' available in short supply and for short periods of time only to re-issue the same thing a few years later for more money.... Hmmnn. Sound familiar?

*cough*Death Star*cough*

Are there fish included in the build of the kitchen? Since learning it is supposed to be inspired by the Little Mermaid I need to make sure it includes Les Poissons.

If not I will have to scavange some from other sets.

No fish included. The Sebastian figurine from the little mermaid castle set would look good in the kitchen as well.

So the Disney Castle is a success (looking at YouTube, and forums similar to this)

What Disney parks set is next? Spaceship earth (epcot ball), haunted mansion or something else

I REALLY hope this set starts a new Disney World Collection. Would love the Haunted Mansion. However, Tower of Terror would be incredible!!

I REALLY hope this set starts a new Disney World Collection. Would love the Haunted Mansion. However, Tower of Terror would be incredible!!

An entire Disney Parks collection would be great. I've been dying for Space Mountain or Star Tours to appear in Lego. The Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland would be an excellent display model. The Mark Twain would be an AWESOME display piece, while a Disney steam locomotive could be a great addition to the world of Lego Trains. I hope the Sleeping Beauty castle can also be a set, it's smaller size means it could probably be rendered as a cheaper set ($200 or $250 instead of $300?)

Yes, but you will need to remove the two circle pieces on the bottom from the version from the princess set I believe. Otherwise both builds are 4x6 with clips on the end (albeit different ones).

Great, thanks for that. Now to wait for a decent sale on that set.

I could get behind a Haunted Mansion... though I think I'd prefer a jungle cruise boat, or a Matterhorn Mountain complete with bobsleds and yeti.

Can anyone confirm if this is taller than the Orthanc Tower?

I can confirm that the castle is 29" tall. If the height measurements in official Lego descriptions are correct, then Orthanc is 28" and Big Ben is 23".

I could get behind a Haunted Mansion... though I think I'd prefer a jungle cruise boat, or a Matterhorn Mountain complete with bobsleds and yeti.

Yes please to all three! I really do hope the success of this set leads to more Disney park LEGO sets in general. I made a couple of posts on my Disneyland blog with my ideas.

Edited by Karalora

I can confirm that the castle is 29" tall.

Yeah, this thing sure is a Beast! :grin: I just finished bag #9 and it already feels massive!

Same here! I think Haunted Mansion would be a great fit for the next set. So many play features and details they can include there! Tower of Terror would make a nice set too, but being based on another IP and with the Guardians of the Galaxy layover coming (at least for the California one) it's less likely to happen. I also would love to see a part of Main Street or the StarSpeeder 3000.

Maybe someone should start a wishlist thread.

I'm not a big Disney fan. Most of my interest in Disney lies with Pixar, but I know I would buy a Tower Of Terror set, because I love The Twilight Zone, so maybe that would be a good idea. It would get all you Disney fans as well as the weirdos like myself.

Edited by Actor Builder

I'm not a big Disney fan. Most of my interest in Disney lies with Pixar, but I know I would buy a Tower Of Terror set, because I love The Twilight Zone, so maybe that would be a good idea. It would get all you Disney fans as well as the weirdos like myself.

Given Disney's plans for ToT you'd probably be disappointed with the end result.

Seeing that Twilight Zone is owned by CCBS, I doubt Disney would license a Lego set which requires them to obtain a second license from another company. Rumors are the CBS license is one of the big reasons Guardians of the Galaxy are replacing the Tower of Terror in California.

Still I agree, a Lego Tower of Terror set would be awesome!

anyone know where I can get PDF/online instructions to this set. its still not available on the lego site