CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

The Brave/Merida archery set also had cookies. I wonder if they were put in here to reference that this was for Merida and not for Robin Hood.

Oh, those are cookies? :sweet: Well, I thought they were at first, but then was led to believe they were wood stumps or something, then remember she's in a castle, and decided I need to rematch Brave.

But yes, that is indeed a brave reference. I believe every reference in the castle, as it is Cinderella's castle, has to do with a Disney princess or a movie starring but not centered on one, with the exclusion of Fantasia.

The eyes look like they're printed closer together on the new Donald, although could just be the editing.

I think that we have a new Donald. In the designer video, they say that all 5 of those minifigures are exclusive. I have been comparing the new Donald to the CMF version and I think the blue on the new one is slightly darker.

I think that we have a new Donald. In the designer video, they say that all 5 of those minifigures are exclusive. I have been comparing the new Donald to the CMF version and I think the blue on the new one is slightly darker.

Or the designer made a mistake in saying that

Agree with J4ck

Calling "exclusive" that Donald only because he has a "slightly darker" shade of blue would be kinda lame

They don't design the minifigures, so he probably didn't know.

Edited by Robert8

Agree with J4ck

Calling "exclusive" Donald just because he has a "slightly darker" shade of blue would be kinda lame

They don't design the minifigures, so he probably didn't know.

Also there isn't a "slightly" darker shade of blue so that also disproves the theory, don't forget, the pictures everyone is comparing from, one is a HD digital photo that is probably enhanced and one is a regular photograph so there is an unfair comparison there.

They look exactly the same. So no exclusive Donald here! Shame that this set is way off my price range. My girlfriend would love it, she's a Disney super-fan.

I really want to like this set. I was anticipating it. But I am a bit disappointed. Yes the front looks great but there are just not enough detail at the back. Those rooms are so tiny. I expected more at this huge price point. I will save my money and wait for Jamie's next modular building instead.

I'll be getting this and the next modular building! :wink:

I missed out on the UCS Millenium Falcon because I thought it was too much money to spend on LEGO. I will not be making the same mistake again.

I've just been watching a couple of videos on YouTube,most of them are just thoughts along with the press release pics .. and then something hit me ...

Does anyone else think that the 2 minifigure knights could be a nod to Bedknobs and Broomsticks and the Substitutiary Locomotion segment ??

I doubt they were specifically intended that way, but they certainly should work well enough for that purpose, and there's nothing to prevent you from interpreting them that way if you want to.

I really like the fairytale book with the "once upon a time" piece, it's a good opposition with the Spooky Tale book coming with Spooky Boy.

Edited by notpennysboat

So is The Disney Castle still going to be released early to VIP's do we think ?

The calendar says there's early access to a set August 17th to 31st ??

Lego don't like giving much away do they .. I thought when I buy the castle there's sure to be a free gift of some sort .. but noooo the London bus set finishes on August 15th .. thanks Lego !!

Perhaps they should have made the parade floats ( as a free gift with purchase surprise ! ) that were featured when the CMF's were released .. that might make a great addition to the set ?

Anyone planning on MOC'ing them ?

Lego don't like giving much away do they .. I thought when I buy the castle there's sure to be a free gift of some sort ..

I bet it comes with a lot of spare-parts though :laugh::wink:

So is The Disney Castle still going to be released early to VIP's do we think ?

The calendar says there's early access to a set August 17th to 31st ??

Lego don't like giving much away do they .. I thought when I buy the castle there's sure to be a free gift of some sort .. but noooo the London bus set finishes on August 15th .. thanks Lego !!

The manager at my local LEGO store seems to think that this will be released starting on August 17th to VIPs. Also, the new technic excavator is coming out on August 1st so perhaps that London bus set was intended for those folks. :(

The manager at my local LEGO store seems to think that this will be released starting on August 17th to VIPs. Also, the new technic excavator is coming out on August 1st so perhaps that London bus set was intended for those folks. :(

Nah. The London bus is for the Big Ben but lego is releasing it at different time so they can reel in more money.

We can assume they will release a free Goofy polybag which will be added to the new Death Star only :laugh:

What do you mean by "added to the new Death Star only" ?

What do you mean by "added to the new Death Star only" ?

He means that the only way to get Goofy would be to buy the Death Star.

He means that the only way to get Goofy would be to buy the Death Star.

But before anyone flips out, he was very clearly joking.