CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

Good designer video. Kudos for the designers, the castle is great. It looks even better when you see someone next to it; huge and impressive.

Whoa, those printed big tiles are awesome. You could make a pretty swanky 007 Turkish bungalow with a big pile of those and the wallpaper tiles from the 66 Batcave.

I really like that new "book" piece, I prefer it over the piece we've always had. Also loving the Mickey and Tinkerbell minifigs, and I think the latter is much more appealing than Ariel or Alice... maybe because I don't have it?

Where else has that Tinkerbell face been used? It looks familiar. Is that the old Wonder Woman face?

Nope, brand new!

Wow, awesome video! Definitely the best designer video yet :thumbup: It's neat we get to hear what a representative of the licenser has to say, this side of the deal usually is not in the spotlight :laugh:

The new printed parts are fantastic, especially the storybook :wub: I was hoping they'd use the new Nexo Knights book in other themes and here it finally is. The printed tile that represents the first page is also a great addition :sweet: And the printed 1x1 round tiles that appear in the archery section are new after all, but I still don't get what they're supposed to represent :wacko: At first, I thought those are biscuits with jam in the middle but there's already a piece for that:

98138pb037.jpg

Plus, even if they were supposed to be cookies, what are they doing there? :grin: They must represent something that is deserving of an exclusive print :tongue:

I wonder if the archery set is supposed to reference the classic animated Robin Hood, and not Brave.

I wonder if the archery set is supposed to reference the classic animated Robin Hood, and not Brave.

It's Brave.

I wondered today ( while the machine I work on was broken ! ) I've seen someone mention getting 2 sets and making the back of the castle .. but the castle is different at the back isn't it ?

Wonder if someone will MOC the back to join up with this set ?

Love to see how that might look .. sadly I don't have the skill : ( lol

Right I'm off to watch the designer video now I'm home : D

EDIT .. I think the 3 cookies for the Brave section are meant to be for Meridas 3 brothers ? Weren't they always stealing goodies from the castle kitchens ?

Edited by Jarreth2

What movie does the chest with the hair brush and scissors represent? Tangled?

Yes.

I'm still gonna pretend it's Mulan and replace the scissors with a sword. Just makes more sense :wink: Mulan deserves a spot up there

Is there some subtle difference between this Donald and the Minifigures minifigure?

Nope. :sad:

bNxZwlc.png

The difference is obvious. The new figure is required to wear his hat at a jaunty angle. This will be mandatory.

But for realsies, glad to have the designer video already. This thing looks so cool. I was expecting to have no real interest in this, but I actually think I want this more than the Ghostbusters HQ. I love GB, but for display, it's a big red box, and I'm having a hard time ponying up for it. THIS thing though....it looks so amazing. I don't care that I don't have a Disney obsession, I DO have a LEGO obsession. It's too expensive to be a day-one-buy for me, but I'll definitely be getting it.

It's too expensive to be a day-one-buy for me, but I'll definitely be getting it.

I feel like I might be in that same boat, if I can justify it to my lady.

Picked up Aladdin, Genie, and Peter Pan yesterday to go into the castle when I get it (already have Captain Hook from before). Are there any other relevant minifigs from this current series?

In a choice between Ghostbusters' HQ and this Disney Castle, I'd have to lean towards teh Ghostbusters simply b/c I already have the original Ecto-1.

In the off-chance I won the lottery I'd.......

I got the Ecto-1 because I thought I'd be getting the Headquarters, but after a while I don't really want it anymore (it was never particularly interesting to me in the first place). Guess now I'll get the Disney Castle instead, but that might also change. Picked up the relevant minifigs first, just in case.

Wondering if the Tangled room could have had an artists palette and brush ( series 4 minifig ) in the chest ..

it's where Rapunzel used to keep them ?

I think if they would have done a large architecture Disney castle, skipped the minifigs and interior all together they could have made a much better looking and intricate display piece. Such as the United States Capitol building, which I'm starting to prefer over all there recent big structures, i.e. big Ben, ghost busters headquarters, and this one. So on the plus side there's no temptation for me to spend money on any of these monstrosities. :sick:

I think if they would have done a large architecture Disney castle, skipped the minifigs and interior all together they could have made a much better looking and intricate display piece. Such as the United States Capitol building, which I'm starting to prefer over all there recent big structures, i.e. big Ben, ghost busters headquarters, and this one. So on the plus side there's no temptation for me to spend money on any of these monstrosities. :sick:

Monstrosities? How so? Not judging just curious

I think you're overestimating. How many of those panels are there - 40? 50? Let's say 80 - which leaves us with 4k "normal" pieces.

By the way, filling sets with smaller pieces is seen as raising the piece count for purpose. It seems it won't be the case here :tongue:

I have no interest in piece count or price per piece, for me that has always been a none issue. As an AFOL I am just wanting a good looking set that appeals to me for display.

Monstrosities? How so? Not judging just curious

For example Big Ben. It is very appealing to look at, but at the same time I realize that it is a very repetitive build. So I ask myself do I really want to spent that much time building it when the concept of Big Ben could have been captured just as easily in a architecture set. I guess my tastes are just changing and I don't have the desire to build something that big when the building process is mundane.

Edited by Dapper-D2

I have no interest in piece count or price per piece, for me that has always been a none issue. As an AFOL I am just wanting a good looking set that appeals to me for display.

For example Big Ben. It is very appealing to look at, but at the same time I realize that it is a very repetitive build. So I ask myself do I really want to spent that much time building it when the concept of Big Ben could have been captured just as easily in a architecture set. I guess my tastes are just changing and I don't have the desire to build something that big when the building process is mundane.

Oh, ok, I understand where you're coming from

Edited by Duncan Young

While on the one hand that's the goofiest designer video ever, it also needed more Goofy, if you know what I mean.

The castle is pretty spectacular, even if I'll never be getting one. :sceptic:

Wow, awesome video! Definitely the best designer video yet :thumbup: It's neat we get to hear what a representative of the licenser has to say, this side of the deal usually is not in the spotlight :laugh:

The new printed parts are fantastic, especially the storybook :wub: I was hoping they'd use the new Nexo Knights book in other themes and here it finally is. The printed tile that represents the first page is also a great addition :sweet: And the printed 1x1 round tiles that appear in the archery section are new after all, but I still don't get what they're supposed to represent :wacko: At first, I thought those are biscuits with jam in the middle but there's already a piece for that:

98138pb037.jpg

Plus, even if they were supposed to be cookies, what are they doing there? :grin: They must represent something that is deserving of an exclusive print :tongue:

The Brave/Merida archery set also had cookies. I wonder if they were put in here to reference that this was for Merida and not for Robin Hood.

Edited by Sarah

The Brave/Merida archery set also had cookies. I wonder if they were put in here to reference that this was for Merida and not for Robin Hood.

It has been said several times that the archery is referencing Brave. Don't worry, I know it's a long topic :iamded_lol: