CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

Considering the movie references, the possible next minifigs could be Snow white and the evil queen, Cinderella, Fantasia Mickey, Belle and beast, Aurora, Tiana? (Lol the frogs?) Merida, and Mulan/rapunzel. So 9-10 minifigs.

I just noticed Mickey's cloth which was being talked about

In a choice between Ghostbusters' HQ and this Disney Castle, I'd have to lean towards teh Ghostbusters simply b/c I already have the original Ecto-1.

In the off-chance I won the lottery I'd.......

Hadn't thought of the lottery. Have thought about refinancing the house. Maybe getting a loan, taking bribe money if ever offered. Maybe even standing on a corner with a sign that says "will work for Lego" but... not the lottery.

Thanks

Off to buy a ticket now.

And all for a toy castle!

Considering the movie references, the possible next minifigs could be Snow white and the evil queen, Cinderella, Fantasia Mickey, Belle and beast, Aurora, Tiana? (Lol the frogs?) Merida, and Mulan/rapunzel. So 9-10 minifigs.

The evil queen would be amazing. I am wondering how they would make her headdress? A minifigure head with a crown stick on it would be a bit silly.

Edited by josykay

The evil queen would be amazing. I am wondering how they would make her headdress? A minifigure head with a crown stick on it would be a bit silly.

Probably Black Panther's headpiece in pearl gold and black, with the "ears" facing forward.

Oh God, no.

It's a smaller scale, after alllll......

Does Toon Town still exist?

Eddie Valiant, Judge Doom, Roger Rabbit, and Jessssssica Rabbit minifigures?

Benny the Cab build, and maybe a Weasel or two?

(...I'm getting old...)

Edited by M_slug357

I'd like to see Small World!

AW HELL YES!!! :wub:

That's probably my favorite extant ride in Disneyland. And I don't throw the word "favorite" around lightly. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a Technic-infused build of the facade so we could turn a crank to make the gears spin and the doors open for the doll parade?

It's a smaller scale, after alllll......

Does Toon Town still exist?

Eddie Valiant, Judge Doom, Roger Rabbit, and Jessssssica Rabbit minifigures?

Benny the Cab build, and maybe a Weasel or two?

(...I'm getting old...)

I don't know about that getting a set (boob jokes, language, a guy getting flattened but ya never know. Oh and it doesn't exist anymore, in America at least.

I don't know about that getting a set (boob jokes, language, a guy getting flattened but ya never know. Oh and it doesn't exist anymore, in America at least.

Yes it still exists in Disneyland in Anaheim. It was only removed in Disney World; and the Florida version didn't have references to Who Framed Rodger Rabbit anyways!

The Castle looks great. I think Lego did a great job at making it with added bonus of all the easter eggs. Honestly this could be either based off the Disney World version, or the version we see before there movies.

The Castle looks great. I think Lego did a great job at making it with added bonus of all the easter eggs. Honestly this could be either based off the Disney World version, or the version we see before there movies.

Except for the fact that there's a picture of the Disney World Castle on the back of the box, making it clear and obvious what the set is a reproduction of.

27953854580_bca6282bdb_m.jpg71040 The Disney Castle by The Brothers Brick, on Flickr

The simplistic nature of the build with large pieces and boring ugly colors makes this very underwhelming to me. Glad to save my money though, so thanks for that Lego. :sweet:

The simplistic nature of the build with large pieces

I think you're overestimating. How many of those panels are there - 40? 50? Let's say 80 - which leaves us with 4k "normal" pieces.

By the way, filling sets with smaller pieces is seen as raising the piece count for purpose. It seems it won't be the case here :tongue:

Non-generic colours and the printed unikitty pieces gives me a sense that this is definitely a reference to something.

Whose bedroom could this be?

xoObMp7.jpg

Edit: Ok, just read through the thread again:

That's the dream suite, a room built in the castle at WDW for Walt Disney but now given to guests on very rare occasions.

I love it but the colour is just wrong and the lack of goofy baffling

Overall this could have turned out much worse though

Did a check and it's plausible.

znGwGnN.jpg

Edited by ultiminutes

Yeah, the dream suite doesn't look too bad. My top thing about this set is that lower floor and the entrance. I love it so much.

Non-generic colours and the printed unikitty pieces gives me a sense that this is definitely a reference to something.

Whose bedroom could this be?

Edit: Ok, just read through the thread again:

Did a check and it's plausible.

That image is from the Disneyland Dream Suite in Orleans Square, but the image below is from the Dream Suite in Cinderella Castle (there's no 's after Cinderella)

Cinderella-Castle-Suite-11.jpg

To see more images here is a linkhttp://www.wdwinfo.c...a-castle-suite/

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Don't Quote Pictures

That image is from the Disneyland Dream Suite in Orleans Square, but the image below is from the Dream Suite in Cinderella Castle (there's no 's after Cinderella)

I thought the same thing :) The first pictures were definitely Disneyland's Dream Suite. Disneyland has two hidden apartments, the Dream Suite above Pirates of the Caribbean, and Walt Disney's private apartment above the firehouse. Disney World has only one Dream Suite inside the castle, but it is larger than either Disneyland suite.

Designer video! Best one yet! :classic: I had no idea the mascot costumes were so intricate.

Edited by CM4Sci

Is there some subtle difference between this Donald and the Minifigures minifigure?

That is the best designer video. Location shooting FTW!

Is there some subtle difference between this Donald and the Minifigures minifigure?

Nope. :sad:

bNxZwlc.png