CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed.

I noticed too.

~ no offense J4ck, but J4ck may want to just rank-up, and in that case, please stop J4ck. Even if it is just to ask questions, please put all your questions in one post other than every other just to gain post count.

I'm surprised you guys would want Goofy, Cinderella or any exclusive minifig in this set. If the entire thing was devoted to Cindy, I would think she and the step sisters and godmother would be the only ones included, but it's more of a theme park set, so it seems like the costumed variants they included make the most sense. Goofy and Cindy as $5 CMF figures seem like a way better deal than $40 on Bricklink.

The weird thing is that the outside is definitely a park set, the inside not so much. Instead the interior doesn't match the park and most of the rooms are based around recreating scenes from movies rather than anything park related. So ultimately I'm a bit confused what they were really going for.

Marcos told me himself it was Rapunzel.

I'm guessing budget reasons prevented the correct color from being used. Honestly I don't like that room much except for the fireworks, but given the size of it I can't think of what else could have been put in that space instead.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed.

Reported it and we shall see what happens.

I think this is my favorite icon I've had, I like it so much for some reason.. the colors.. the Tinker Bell figure is really amazing!

Have not really been following this set but now that I've seen that tinker bell I do hope she gets a release in another set.

My daughter would love it above even me! She is her favorite.

It looks nice, but I won't bother buying it.

1. The three grey towers in the front look horrible with those one big piece slopes.

2. Why is half of it tan?

3. Only 5 mini figures? Daisy Duck looks silly without her clothes matching, and Donald is exactly the same.

4. It's called Disney Castle, probably because of the tan not matching, so why no Walt Disney mini figure?

I haven't been i the castle in 16 and 20-21 years but I don't remember there being anything in the castle, so why would we want it to be a match to the castle in Disney World?

Edited by Bricknblue

Yes, thank you J4ck, I thought so myself. But I hoped for some confirmed information. For now, having you posting every second entry in most themes is getting a bit tiring. Are you competing with someone?

I should probably lay off a bit :iamded_lol:

I noticed too.

~ no offense J4ck, but J4ck may want to just rank-up, and in that case, please stop J4ck. Even if it is just to ask questions, please put all your questions in one post other than every other just to gain post count.

Reported it and we shall see what happens.

I think this is my favorite icon I've had, I like it so much for some reason.. the colors.. the Tinker Bell figure is really amazing!

Sorry, I just love contributing to discussions

when is the designer video coming out?

I think it's already out

I should probably lay off a bit :iamded_lol:

Yes. It's not healthy to live on here all the time. (I should know) :tongue:

My GOODNESS this set is beautiful. It certainly lives up to the hype. Love all of the little references inside.

I'll be hopping on the boat with those who are disappointed that Cinderella herself is no where to be found, but I certainly don't feel bad without her.

A strange choice... her hair was cut by a shard of a mirror, not by scissors, and turned reddish-brown rather than black. Mulan would make more sense with black hair, but again her hair wasn't cut by scissors, but by her father's sword!

The reference is from the beginning of the movie when mother Gothel tries to steal Rapunzel's hair by cutting it with a pair of scissors.

The weird thing is that the outside is definitely a park set, the inside not so much. Instead the interior doesn't match the park and most of the rooms are based around recreating scenes from movies rather than anything park related. So ultimately I'm a bit confused what they were really going for.

Really? I think this is the perfect solution.

Park castle exterior that everyone has their picture taken in front of and can readily identify? Check.

Internal details of secret suites that only the very elite can stay in, let alone be familiar with the details of, or staff access only areas? Nah, bin that! Put in some details from the Disney movies that peole know and love!

Granted there are movies I would have preferred to see referenced over the ones we got... but who cares?! This thing is fantastic......

... Of course, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Really? I think this is the perfect solution.

Park castle exterior that everyone has their picture taken in front of and can readily identify? Check.

Internal details of secret suites that only the very elite can stay in, let alone be familiar with the details of, or staff access only areas? Nah, bin that! Put in some details from the Disney movies that peole know and love!

Granted there are movies I would have preferred to see referenced over the ones we got... but who cares?! This thing is fantastic......

... Of course, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

well actually I was thinking about the set's purpose as well. I imagine that a set like that attracts a lot of very young children who love this castle (the real one in the park), but are probably too young to build and play with this set. In my view, it is a playset, it's got lots and lots of potential for any kind of story. However, I think daddy will have to build it, and maybe warn his girl(s) about very small parts and that nasty consequence called "choking on them". :sick: Maybe they should print the choking hazzard really large on this box :sadnew:

Then maybe you can post a link? Because I "think" it's not yet released. If you "think" it is, give us a link or don't comment at all.

Someone posted a screenshot of it, can't remember where so that why I wrote I think

I don't think the interior builds are meant to "recreate scenes" from Disney movies. More likely, they are supposed to be collections of props that remind you of Disney movies. Hence why the candelabra has no face--it's not Lumiere the character, but a normal candelabra with the same shape. They do this kind of thing in the Disney parks all the time--a shop in Disneyland Anaheim has a shelf behind the cash registers covered with props that reference some of the movies without exactly replicating anything.

Edited by Karalora

I don't think the interior builds are meant to "recreate scenes" from Disney movies. More likely, they are supposed to be collections of props that remind you of Disney movies. Hence why the candelabra has no face--it's not Lumiere the character, but a normal candelabra with the same shape. They do this kind of thing in the Disney parks all the time--a shop in Disneyland Anaheim has a shelf behind the cash registers covered with props that reference some of the movies without exactly replicating anything.

Good point. Furthermore almost every detail fits the "Fantasyland" theme:

Beauty and the Beast - Resturaunts in Disney World

Cinderella - Castle's Namesake in Disney World and Tokyo

Sorcerer Mickey/Fantasia - Fantasmic in Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios

Aladdin - Adventureland Disneyland and Disney World, Formerly a stage show in California Adventure

Brave - ? I'm a little stuck here, I don't know where they are in the park at all!

Princess and the Frog - Disneyland's New Orleans Square

Sleeping Beauty - Disneyland's Castle

Overall it seems it represents most of Disney's core lands. Only Fronteirland/Critter Country, Tomorrowland, Liberty Square, and Toontown aren't represented in the build (although the minifigure selection with .. er.. 'The Fab Four' represents Toontown in a way). Obvious why elements of Tomorrowland or Fronteirland weren't incorporated, it would clash with the theme.

Pity we didn't get any Liberty Square stuff though; I really wanted to see Lego Abraham Lincoln and Lego Obama and use them for some off key political jokes

Wow, that looks amazing and I really love the references to Disney movies in the rooms...

The minifigures on the other hand are a bit on the weaker side imo. 5 figures for a 4k part set?

But outstanding or not, the price is outside of my league.

Edited by josykay

Wow, that looks amazing and I really love the references to Disney movies in the rooms...

The minifigures on the other hand are a bit on the weaker side imo. 5 fiures for a 4k part set?

But outstanding or not, the price is outside of my league.

Agree with the less number of minifigures, but LEGO released the CMF which i think their aim to combine it with this set + a marketing strategy to make profits ;)

Hi, I'm new here. Pretty much new to lego too. (7 months). I have a question about the Cinderella/Disney Castle and hope to get all of your input.

What are the chances of this set only being available for a short amount of time like the Disney minifigs? They were sold out in a couple of months i think. Is it the same way with larger Lego sets? Can they be sold out in a matter of months? I think the demand will be high for this one and I wonder if I should buy it right away or wait.

Hi, I'm new here. Pretty much new to lego too. (7 months). I have a question about the Cinderella/Disney Castle and hope to get all of your input.

What are the chances of this set only being available for a short amount of time like the Disney minifigs? They were sold out in a couple of months i think. Is it the same way with larger Lego sets? Can they be sold out in a matter of months? I think the demand will be high for this one and I wonder if I should buy it right away or wait.

I think that given the large price point, this set will be on the market for longer than the Minifigures. And I mean, probably past Christmas.

Sure, it's probably going to sell well, but it's a much larger investment compared to buying a minifigure or two from blind bags. With that in mind, I think you can wait... I plan to, anyway.

In a choice between Ghostbusters' HQ and this Disney Castle, I'd have to lean towards teh Ghostbusters simply b/c I already have the original Ecto-1.

In the off-chance I won the lottery I'd.......

Welcome to Eurobricks!

This set is a Direct to Consumer set (D2C), which means it is only sold in Lego stores and online. It does however have a significantly long shelf life, so it will be sold for a number of years (generally,at a minimum, one year with a D2C average of 2 years). Disney Minifigures will too most likely show up on shelves again, as Lego gets more in stock.

It looks great to me. It doesn't have everything that I wanted, but it still meets my lofty expectations. I'm excited for what this means for a possible expansion of the "Disney" theme - will we see the Disneyland / Sleeping Beauty's Castle, maybe a Main Street façade, possibly some of the smaller, classic / iconic rides like Dumbo, Teacups, etc or a Disney railway?

I'd like to see Small World!

I think that given the large price point, this set will be on the market for longer than the Minifigures. And I mean, probably past Christmas.

Sure, it's probably going to sell well, but it's a much larger investment compared to buying a minifigure or two from blind bags. With that in mind, I think you can wait... I plan to, anyway.

Welcome to Eurobricks!

This set is a Direct to Consumer set (D2C), which means it is only sold in Lego stores and online. It does however have a significantly long shelf life, so it will be sold for a number of years (generally,at a minimum, one year with a D2C average of 2 years). Disney Minifigures will too most likely show up on shelves again, as Lego gets more in stock.

Great. Thank you both. I'll wait a bit and save some more money. But if i miss out - Im blaming you!

In a choice between Ghostbusters' HQ and this Disney Castle, I'd have to lean towards teh Ghostbusters simply b/c I already have the original Ecto-1.

In the off-chance I won the lottery I'd.......

Welcome to Eurobricks!

D2C have long shelf life so you should be able to save up and buy both at some point hopefully