CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

It might be antiquated but that doesn't mean it isn't true. As a father of two boys who are 9 and 6 I can assure you that they would have no interest in the girl characters that would come with this or any other set. To be honest when I told them that Lego was making a Cinderella castle set they had no interest just because of Cinderella being in the name they said it was a girl set. I don't know if you have kids or not but most young boys in my kids age range want nothing to do with anything that seems like it could be a girls toy.

I thought the exact same thing after watching my then-7 year old trying to decide which of two particular Superhero Lego sets in his price range to buy. He decided simply on one set having a female character and the other having none.

He plays really well with his little sister -- even enjoys putting together Friends sets (the Heartlake balloon most recently) and Elves dragons. And will even play with her minidolls. But when it comes to minifigs, he wants male characters.

Edited by Sarah

Alfred confirmed in the Lego batman movie sets.

Anyways, love the set. I'm just not going to get it.

Alfred is everything but confirmed.

Edited by legobagel

I REALLY want this set. But 350$...? I can't spend that amount of money on one thing without having a clear conscious. But I'll try anyways.

Really seems like the minifigures were an afterthought here. That's a shame. I suppose one could think of it as not being a reason to buy the set for exclusive figures but for the actual build. It just seems to me that Cinderella could have been a perfect fit here.

Is this something that will disappear off the shelves quickly? Don't think it's a day one purchase for me but I foresee it sold out by Xmas

I REALLY want this set. But 350$...? I can't spend that amount of money on one thing without having a clear conscious. But I'll try anyways.

Wait until November/December and amazon will more than likely have a good deal on it

Nice to see better pictures of Tinker Bell. I like her hair, but the bun is a bit comical in shape.

I think it's fine, maybe a couple of rough strands and it would have been perfect but it's still really accurate

There are 6 (?) princess references, and I doubt we'll see that many in a second series, because there are other female characters who aren't princesses.

By the way is that bedroom just a bedroom? Looks like the stepmother's room to me.

Anyone notice that the press release suggests age appropriate for 12 years and above but the box is labelled 16 plus. Also the back of the box refers to it as Cinderella castle vs the front as Disney castle. Seems a bit odd and rushed maybe?

There are 6 (?) princess references, and I doubt we'll see that many in a second series, because there are other female characters who aren't princesses.

By the way is that bedroom just a bedroom? Looks like the stepmother's room to me.

That's the dream suite, a room built in the castle at WDW for Walt Disney but now given to guests on very rare occasions.

I love it but the colour is just wrong and the lack of goofy baffling

Overall this could have turned out much worse though

Anyone notice that the press release suggests age appropriate for 12 years and above but the box is labelled 16 plus. Also the back of the box refers to it as Cinderella castle vs the front as Disney castle. Seems a bit odd and rushed maybe?

The only thing that bothers me about the box is how misaligned everything up here is.

Ie50YwK.png

The only thing that bothers me about the box is how misaligned everything up here is.

It's not too bad

Edited by Captain Nemo
Do not Quote Pictures

in one picture there is a lock of black hair, I don't think it's a tangled reference I think it's Mulan.

in one picture there is a lock of black hair, I don't think it's a tangled reference I think it's Mulan.

??? I'm not seeing it.

Its only visible on the back box view, in the chest by the fireworks. I don't know if it's meant to represent Mulan though.

Ohh, this! That's clever, I actually think it might be Mulan now. Maybe it could be Rapunzel's from after her hair is cut off, we'll need an explanation..

6depq2b.png