CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

As long as there's a second Disney CMF series next year, I'm not too bothered by the lack of minifigs in this set :wink: Sure they could've included a couple more (especially given the price), but at least the ones we get are excellent, Tinkerbell in particular :thumbup:

There is not

Next year line-up is

Jan Batman Movie Series

May Series 17

Sep Ninjago Movie Series

Disney Series 2 is likely to happen in 2018

There is not

Next year line-up is

Jan Batman Movie Series

May Series 17

Sep Ninjago Movie Series

2018 !? If Lego do it will be a lot of nonsense.Anyone know if the Lego will make sets of the Moana, Cars 3 and Coco?

2018 !? If Lego do it will be a lot of nonsense.Anyone know if the Lego will make sets of the Moana, Cars 3 and Coco?

Prob, ably, and not.

That's just silly. The idea that boys don't want toys of girl characters (and vice versa) is so antiquated.

It might be antiquated but that doesn't mean it isn't true. As a father of two boys who are 9 and 6 I can assure you that they would have no interest in the girl characters that would come with this or any other set. To be honest when I told them that Lego was making a Cinderella castle set they had no interest just because of Cinderella being in the name they said it was a girl set. I don't know if you have kids or not but most young boys in my kids age range want nothing to do with anything that seems like it could be a girls toy.

Prob, ably, and not.

I love Lego, but I dont understand they can the rights of a themes and dont explore as Doctor Who.

I wonder how much it will be in PLN - like Helicarrier (1400 zł) or like Ghostbusters HQ (1600 zł)? Explanation - this difference is almost equal to price for WALL-E or Ecto-1.

I assumed 1600, but 1400 would be great. Another explanation - Poland's monthly minimum wage is 1400 :P

I love Lego, but I dont understand they can the rights of a themes and dont explore as Doctor Who.

Cause Doctor Who honestly doesn't have as much appeal to the US I'd think? I think it'd be a waste of a line. It's like why we won't get Knight Rider or A-Team sets.

Unless Lego decides to put out a fourth series in 2017, which given the first series popularity feels like a possibility. Though I don't quite see them breaking the mold yet.

Just the same if it is 2018 then it ends up being an odd inclusion to have rooms for specific minifigures that we don't have and won't have for a year and a half at least (Granted we do have Maleficent, Aladdin and the Genie, so there is some compatibility with first wave minifigures). That seems like relatively poor planning on their part. So I don't know, it just feels like they have something up their sleeves. All these references and none of these character just feels so odd.

In a way it kind of makes me think about holding off on buying this until there's a better lineup of minifigures.

Cause Doctor Who honestly doesn't have as much appeal to the US I'd think? I think it'd be a waste of a line. It's like why we won't get Knight Rider or A-Team sets.

Regarding Doctor Who think they could do a set with more characters like Missy and Davros that appear in Lego Dimensions. To Disney if I were the Lego would have done sets for Zootopia, Inside Out, Lion King, the Cruella‘s car ... And I already would plan to Moana, Cars 3 and Coco, even if a set for each.

Edited by Conzo71

The Brothers Brick have just shared images on Facebook. They are on their Flickr page.

Those are the leaked ones from yesterday.

The official Walt Disney World press release! Alright then, but it was the source for TBB Facebook share.

Edited by gedren_y

Regarding Doctor Who think they could do a set with more characters like Missy and Davros that appear in Lego Dimensions. To Disney if I were the Lego would have done sets for Zootopia, Inside Out, Lion King, the Cruella‘s car ... And I already would plan to Moana, Cars 3 and Coco, even if a set for each.

Let's keep the discussion here about the Cinderella Castle set, not about Dr. Who wishlists or other potential Disney possibilities.

The official Walt Disney World press release!

Yes, very much not official, as they note in the article. :wink:

Let's keep the discussion here about the Cinderella Castle set, not about Dr. Who wishlists or other potential Disney possibilities.

Yes, very much not official, as they note in the article. :wink:

I wonder if LEGO will be all over the place with DMCA notices on this one. :)

Indeed, they do not have an official press release yet, and I'm just wondering why Popsugar.com was 'asked' to remove the article that they wrote on about 71040 a couple of days ago, and now we have WDWNT and TBB writing about the same. Frankly, I couldn't help but be excited about this set that I am also 'guilty' of writing something about it.

The reveal is Monday so anything before then isn't official. I think we'll get a press release and more images then.

What do you think the box design will look like?

Edited by CM4Sci

It might be antiquated but that doesn't mean it isn't true. As a father of two boys who are 9 and 6 I can assure you that they would have no interest in the girl characters that would come with this or any other set. To be honest when I told them that Lego was making a Cinderella castle set they had no interest just because of Cinderella being in the name they said it was a girl set. I don't know if you have kids or not but most young boys in my kids age range want nothing to do with anything that seems like it could be a girls toy.

Children learn pre-determined gender roles (like what society deems a "girls' toy") at a very early age. Research suggests around 4 or 5. So by 6 and 9 those attitudes would be firmly entrenched. It's true because you (and your community) made it true. And generally parents are oblivious as to how they shape these beliefs, so it continues. It's hard to say if we are moving beyond it: the successful Friends line appeals directly to these preconceived notions of gender (which I feel is a shame and reinforces these views, but it cannot be argued LEGO have been making some great business decisions and that seems to be one of them; it's an indictment of the market rather than the company).

All that said, I think this is clearly a gender neutral set. And then that said, it is clearly not aimed at young children. So the original argument (the ratio of male to female figures to appeal to boys or girls) seems moot anyhow.

Edited by 0tter

The reveal is Monday so anything before then isn't official. I think we'll get a press release and more images then.

Whoa! THAT soon already? :sweet:

I'm imagining something to this extent or color motif to keep up with tradition, though definitely way bigger.

41055_alt1.jpg

I wonder what would happen if you called it Prince Charming's Castle or the Disney World Castle.

Children learn pre-determined gender roles (like what society deems a "girls' toy") at a very early age. Research suggests around 4 or 5. So by 6 and 9 those attitudes would be firmly entrenched.

I would love it if LEGO announces that it also transforms into a robot (macross sdf-1 style), just to make children question their attitudes on gender-specific toys.

I hope that in the background there are outlines of other Disney attractions, maybe giving future clues to more sets in the upcoming years.

Also will there be a designer video for this?

Whoa! THAT soon already? :sweet:

I'm imagining something to this extent or color motif to keep up with tradition, though definitely way bigger.

I think the pink will be replaced with sparkling blue. Edited by Foxes Productionz

I think the pink will be replaced with sparkling blue.

Blue has a gender-free tone to it so I guess that will be a great choice, though it might end up looking like a Creator set. :grin: It's kind of a Disney Princess and Creator hybrid type.

I think it'll just be a Disney set, like Ghostbusters or The Simpsons. It's clearly not a Princess set.

Wowzers. The interior is amazing! This FINALLY happened! Not too impressed about the minifigs, I guess I just expected new characters. And tinkerbell translated strangely, I'll have to see new pics to judge properly.