Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #147: Judgment Day

Just tying up some last things before the final loot update!

Also, clarification behind Iudeus: the description just means you can't stack the double WP buff. (You can upgrade it to WP: 30 and awaken it to 60 for a round, but you can't awaken again and bring it up to WP: 120)

Edited by Endgame

Listening to Whisperer's little speech, Vindsval can't help but smile a little.

It would seem some of us have grown through this experience after all. Let us see if he continues this turn.

Hefting the glowing sword he gives it a few test swipes through the air. Surprised to see the strange after image it leaves as it passes. He sheathes the bade.

He turns to each of his companions in turn.

Thank you for your leadership in this quest Mistress Karie, I do not doubt that without your skill with your strings we would have met a very different end.

"Well said." Karie proclaimed. "I think I'm going to go home for a few days. As much as I want to assist, there's someone who needs me. Thanks for the words, Vind, I appreciate it."

Lind chuckled as he pulled the gloves on. "Quite the oddly colored collection of gear I'm putting together..."

"Well said, friend." Lind stepped forward. "But...before the road is completely behind us, there is one last thing that needs to be said." He turned, and stood in front of Arthur.

"Arthur...When I first saw Immortalis...I admired him. What he preached seemed to make sense to me. The "wise," benevolent people wisely ruling over everyone else, and making "necessary" choices for "the greater good".

I - I believe I was under a bit of a god complex.

But it just was all my own vanity, feeding and reading into it."

The Black Knight shook his head.

"It's very easy to talk on about "the greater good," and loudly muse about how the "means justify the end" - but then I actually got to see it in action. I had to watch the Proggs stand there, and have to helplessly see their houses destroyed.

Hundreds of creatures loosing their homes, just to slightly expedite a "greater good", that would have happened either way.

And I suddenly realized just how many innocent people get caught in the crossfire of that kind of "wise rule".

How many people get hurt, for no real purpose."

He sighed.

"So, I'm sorry, Arthur. You were right, and I was wrong." He shrugged. "Heck, I'm probably wrong about plenty of things...

But I'm starting to figure them out."

"Tch, you've got a lot to learn, kid. We did right by those proggs whether they like or not. At the end of the day it's only you who controls your own actions, not some god or even an old lizard."

Jinnipher, You are a great warrior, but I hope that one day your demeanor matches the wisdom of your years. Not all those you meet would be your friend, but not all would be your enemy either.

"I'm plenty old and wise enough to know not to trust anyone without good reason. You made some foolish decisions back there, giant. Don't think I haven't made note and will put my fate in your hands again so lightly." Jinnipher crossed her arms. "Anyway, you're good with a sword and shield, and your size was useful. Just make sure they're on the right side of the battlefield next time we meet."

Jinnipher rolled her eyes. "I'm not one for long goodbyes. We did our job, somehow. So long." The moon elf hauled her pack over her shoulder and turned to go, raising a hand in farewell.

It would seem that for some, there are only those beneath their gaze. Fare well upon your path Madamme Elf.

The Party:

20584275801_96b45a9eb5_t.jpg

Karie Alderflask-Cour, A True Hero (Kintobor)*Party Leader!*

24? Year Old Human Female Minstrel

Level 33.75 *Permanently Nimble* *1/3 Chance to Weaken targeted enemy on successful hits*

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 61/61 (7+8+11+33+2)

Defense: 7 (4+3)

Ether: 0/39 (33+4+2)

Gold: 1907

GP: 36

Equipment: Fine-tuned Guitar (WP:15, user is lucky; instrument), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE, and FREE HITS, suitable for women only, body wear), Vorpalis Crown (SP: 4, the wearer has a 1/3 chance of dealing Weakened to the targeted enemy on successful hits. Headwear, suitable for anyone.), Fenarian Robes of the Vampire (SP:3, Max. Ether +4, backwear) Encore Plectrum (If the same song is sung for more than one round of combat in a row, the song's ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable for minstrels, accessory),

Inventory:

-Weapons: Angelic Trumpet (WP: 5, user is blessed, instrument), Vagrant's Guitar (WP: 5, user is lucky, fire and wind elemental instrument)

*Artefacts: Glittering Dress (The users job traits are replaced by those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee, and Money Maker, suitable for women only), Skull Mask (SP: 1, wearer can pose as undead, headwear), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes user's appearance into that of an elf of the same gender, accessory), Snake Eyes Charm (Provides immunity to petrified, accessory, suitable for anyone), Mage's Muffler (Provides immunity to sealed, accessory, suitable for anyone), Medal of Valor (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience in battle. Accessory), Sandman’s Parasol (Protects from asleep- and fast asleep –effects; accessory), Immortal Aegis (Bodywear, SP: 6, 1/6 chance of negating all damage on a Free Hit)

*Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Newtity

*Battle Songs: True Loves Serenade (restores 50 health to the rest of the party, costs 2 ether per healed ally, Battle Song), Murder on the Dancefloor (Has 1/6 chance of instantly knocking out each opponent (unless immune to sudden death) when sung; costs 5 ether per non-immune enemy; Battle Song), Serene Etude (Removes negative effects from the rest of the party instantly. Costs 1 ether per negative effect removed; Battle Song)

*Consumables: Grand Potion x9, Tonic x3, Grand Tonic x4, Remedy x7, Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Nostrum x4, Smelling Salts x2, Mead, Neutralizer x3, Herbal Infusions x3 (Removes Negative Effects and causes Blessed and Transcended effects), Oculoid Miasma (Consumable, reduces level of one enemy by 10.), Elixir x2, Tiger Balm, Health Core, Potion x4, Mead x4, Venoms x16, Deadly Venoms x2, Bone

*Tools: Magic Compass, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Decamodifier, Empath Glass (Can read NPC emotions; one time use in each battle, causing one enemy Confused and Fragile for 3 rounds)

*Sheep: Baaffy (Pet Sheep; whenever unleashed deals the fast asleep effect to one random opponent once per battle, unlimited use)

Weapons No Longer Usable: Blazing Palm (WP: 14, Fire Elemental whip, successful hits lower the target's level by 1), Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lower the target's level by 1, whip) Spring Staff(WP: 12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount, water elemental staff), Sexy (WP: 11, disregards SP, longsword), Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3, dagger)

Quest/Roleplay Items: Masson's Journal Entry #11, Map of Brendenton, Spider Coin (worth 1 gp), Forest Journal, Blue Syndicate Outfit, Kayla's Mask, Ulric's Letter

7928526094_0c2174ef6b_t.jpg

Thormanil Nihai, Dragonslayer, Orc-kin (swils)

24 years old male vertically challenged giant Dragoon

Level 51

Power: 68 (51+16+1)

Defense: 29

Health: 74/74

Gold: 2049

Equipment: Shishkebab (WP:16, dual-strike, darkness-elemental, lance *Poison 20!* *Splattering!*),Skirmisher's Shield (SP:10, shield), Tin Armor (SP:6, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped [current: 3]; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; bodywear),Tin Gloves (+6 power) Unicorn Helmet (SP: 1, 1 negative effect at a time) Bejeweled Collar (Amethyst, Emerald, For each gem imbued into the collar, the pet dragon gains the ability to attack with the respective element instead of their natural one. Both the pet dragon and the dragoon also become immune to the imbued elements; suitable to dragoons only; Accessory), Winged Sandals (Wearer is immune to Light, Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, and Lightning, and the Asleep, Blinded, Bound, Confused, Fragile, Slowed, and Weakened-effects; footwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Dragonsbane Lance (WP: 20, triple damage to enemies with 'Dragon' in their name, lance), Guardian Halberd (WP: 5, target's defense is used as additional WP, halberd), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3, deals Stunned, halberd), Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, Miss -> "Aim"), Frozen Saber (WP:9, longsword, Stuns enemies), Repeater Crossbow (WP:7, crossbow. Hastened for first round of combat while equipped.), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, +5 gold from stealing; dagger), Composite Bow (WP:11, ignores defense, bow), Crystal Shield (SP:2 multiplied by the amount of gems imbued; cannot be upgraded otherwise; shield)

Artifacts: ,Medal of Glory (x3 Exp, Accesory), Bejeweled Collar (Amethyst, Emerald, For each gem imbued into the collar, the pet dragon gains the ability to attack with the respective element instead of their natural one. Both the pet dragon and the dragoon also become immune to the imbued elements; suitable to dragoons only; Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Weredog (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Accessory), Sticky Gloves (Handwear, Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Aqua Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to water-elemental damage, accessory), Bright Armor (SP:3, Wearer is immune to Darkness, bodywear), Winged Sandals (Wearer is immune to Light, Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, and Lightning, and the Asleep, Blinded, Bound, Confused, Fragile, Slowed, and Weakened-effects; footwear), Tin Greaves (Immunity to Stunned-, Slowed-, and Hastened-effects; footwear), Immortal Rapturewings (SP: 4, wearer does not lose positive effects when being knocked out, backwear.)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice)

Consumables: 3x Potion, Diluted Arc Tonic, Grand Tonic, 4x Remedy, 2x Phoenix Essence, Neutralizer, Milk, 2x Elixir, Nostrum, 3x Smelling Salts, 3x Mulled Wine, Soma, Dragon Scale (lucky & blessed), Jinxy Juice, 2x Feather of Lithe, 3x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, 3x Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, 2x Water Bomb, 2x Grating Stone, Teleportapple, Sam's Flask, Silver Ore x3, Arc Mead, Splattering Venom

Tools etc.: Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

25810428074_ceec127166_t.jpgArx the Adult (Pet Dragon controlled by swils)

Level: 51

Health: 81/81 (30+51)

Element: (Ice, Darkness, Wood)

21994854154_0d4d07263b_t.jpg

Lind Whisperer *Encouraged at half health* * *Immune to Dark* *Double damage to humanoids* *Halved damage from Holy/Light enemies* *Deals Burning 3 on successful hits*

22-year-old Human

Class: Black Knight

Level: 24.66

Power: 37 (12+24+1)

Defense: 21

Health: 23/41 (7+24+9+1)

Gold: 273

Glory Points: 14

Equipped Gear: Severa Slasher (WP: 20, greatsword,on successful hits inflicts Burning 3), Mythril Mail (SP:10; suitable to knights and barbarians only; bodywear) Akrone Fez (Artifact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone), Vorpalis Netherwings (SP: 4, the wearer deals double damage to humanoid type enemies and takes half damage from Holy/Light enemies. Backwear, suitable for anyone.), Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to dark-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only; shield.), Plasma Shield (SP: 3, user absorbs electric attacks)

Unequipped Gear: Steel Knife (WP: 12, throwing weapon), Star-Breaker (WP: 5, darkness-elemental halberd *1/2 chance of stun*), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory), Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Akrone Fez (Artifact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone), Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to dark-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only; shield.), , Angel Helmet (Headwear; Power +13 when using a weapon or spell that is light elemental.), Swift Boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding; suitable to rogues; footwear.), Invader's Armour (SP: 3, wearer is encouraged when their current health is at half or below the wearer's maximum level), Immortal Palms (Handwear +7, all battles start with one round of Electric weather.)

Unequipped Weapons: Darker Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon), Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon), Wind Spitter's Deck of Cards (WP:10; wind-elemental; causes triple damage to mobs; suitable to Lind only; throwing weapon), Gladius (WP: 16, darkness-elemental greatsword, 1/3 chance of causing Fragile on successful hits)

Gems: Ruby

Potions: x5 Potions, Bone, Last Wish Powder, Military Grade Firebomb x2, Grand Potion x2, Remedy x4, Mulled Wine, Silver Ore *7

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel

Scrolls: Scroll of Frailty

Things:

Quest/Role-playing Items: Newspaper with Picture of Lupine, Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards, Map of Olegia, Arena Pass x2

26532837846_13c9f9483c_o.pngJinnipher Buchaire (JimBee)

76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

Level 15

Health: 2/24

Defense: "6" (1 through 11)

Gold: 360

Equipment: Brine Blade (WP:5, deals Poison 6 and Bleeding 3; greatsword), Natural Shield (SP:6, bearer deals half damage to and takes half damage from Beasts, Plants, and Vermin; shield), Black and Blue Hair Dye (accessory - females gain 1/2 chance of enamoring enemies on successful hits, males 1/2 chance of confusion), Helmet of the Tactician (SP:-5, Power +5 when fighting in the front row; SP:5, Power -5 when fighting the back row; cannot be upgraded; headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons/Artifacts: The Beheader (WP:15, defies SP, ice-elemental; greatsword), Full Moon Shield (SP:5), Vorpalis Conquerors (Power +0; goes up by 2 for every enemy defeated, drops back down to 0 if the wearer is knocked out or if the battle ends; footwear), Paper Doll (protects from Hexed-effect; accessory), Gloves of the Aspirant Zieg-friend (Spellpower +5, Max Ether +5; suitable to those with reputation among the Ziegfrieds only; if reputation is great, values are doubled; if reputation is outstanding, values are tripled; handwear) Moone Mail (SP:3; bodywear), Cloak of Necrotic Shielding (SP:3, grants Special Guard against undead enemies; backwear), Immortal Helm (Headwear, permanent blessed and transcended.)

Consumables: 5x Potion, Grand Potion, Greater Tonic, 3x Remedy, Bone, Fire Bomb, Silver Ore x2

Other: Bedroll, Shovel, Letter of Recommendation

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 22.33 Battlemage (Darkness to all Attacks; Immune to Darkness, Asleep)

Power: 37 (20 levels + WP 17)

Spell Power: 47 (Magicians Gloves +10)

Defense: 9 (Dark Phibbian Cloak +5, Telethia's Robes +4)

Health: 35/35 (5 base + 21 lvl + 5 class + 4 from robes)

Ether: 26/27 (5 base + 21 lvl + 1 class)

Gold: 359

Equipment:

-Giant Spear (WP:17, causes Bleeding, Hollow upgrade [Potion])

-Sven's Dagger (WP: 14, Fire- and Earth+Sealed Elemental *Poison 1*)

-Dark Phibbian Cloak (SP:5, Adds Darkness-element to attacks and protects from darkness, suitable for magic users, body wear, Immune to Sleep,)

-Crystrow Feather (half damage from Electric and Flying type enemies, accessory)

-Telethia's Robes (SP +4, Max HP +4, backwear suitable for everyone),

-Immortal Essence (+1 power for every enemy still standing. Accesory.)

Gems: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood), Ethereal Opal (Ice+Fragile), Garnet (Earth), Ethereal Topaz (Lightning+Stunned), Sapphire (Wind)

Bombs: Cataclysm Bomb 200 (200 damage to all enemies with all elements [except darkness], ignores row and SP), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and poisoned by 3 to all foes), 7x Bone (Distracts monster for 1 turn when thrown), Smoke Bomb (Allows party to flee from 1 battle)

Consumables: 6 Potions, 5 Remedies, Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Everlasting Venom (Adds Poisoned +10 effect to one weapon permanently; consumable), Mead x2, Tonic x2

Inventory: Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies, Hollow upgrade [ ____ Stored]), 2x Mithril Shard (1/4 of a piece of Mithril) Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Magicians Gloves (Spellpower +10, Artifact, Hand Wear)

Tools: Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Decamodifier

For Sale: (Message if interested): Chain Scythe (WP:6, applies Enamored), Hood of the Dark Druid (wearer absorbs Wood- and Darkness-elemental damage; headwear, suitable for druids only),

Quest: Good Rep: Shadeaux, Rito

Glory Points: 41-Decamodifier-Phoenix Essence

icon10.jpg

Vindsval Half-Born (Asphalt)

39 year old, Male, Half Giant,

Level: 34 Paladin *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened, Effects* Immune to Dark & Demonic enemies (Attacks cause Burning 3)

Power: 80 (33+40+1+1+6)

Power Bonus +6

Defense: 29

Health: 53/53 (9+33+11)

Ether: 15/37 (5+33)

Gold: 609

Equipment:

Shikokku's Stealth Suit (SP:6; Power +6, User is immune to Dark & Demonic enemies; Body, Head and Backwear counts as 1 Artefact)

Crystal Blade (WP: 16, Light elemental, greatsword)

Mythril Shield (SP: 20 Shield)

Mechanical Arm (Doubles WP for the equipped weapon; wearer cannot become disarmed; suitable for Vindsval only; handwear)

Wonky Shoes (footwear, SP: 3, suitable for all classes)(lent by Benj),

Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity toAsleep,Blinded,Confused, Fragile, and Weakened effects)(lent by Benji)

Stygian Blade (WP: 12, WP doubled against ancient and ethereal enemies, longsword *Poison 10!*)

Iudues (WP: 25, greatsword/longsword, on succesful hits Iudeus has a 1/3 chance of having its WP doubled next round.)

Inventory:

Consumables: 4X Mead, 3X Smelling Salts, 5X Remedy, Potion, 6X Grand Potion, 3X Smoke Bomb, 4X Tonic, 4x Venom (poison -1), 3X Deadly Poison (Poison -10), Banana, Poison Bomb, 4X Hurricane - This exotic drink grants the Hilariously and Luckily Drunk-effect, doubling the power of every attack, provided the consumer can state a pun related to his attack with every attack for the duration of one battle, Bone, Fenghuang Essence, Agni Bomb, Elixir, Myrrh

Misc: Mythril Shard, 4X Grating Stone

Weapons And Shieds

Very Pink Parasol: Broomstick, WP:1, Male enemies are Enamored with the hero

Verkenner (WP:10, Darkness elemental Broomstick,(X2 against Humanoid and Holy/Luminous)ranged)

Xeno Whip (WP:4, poisoning the Xeno Whip doubles the poison output, whip)

Leets d’Loc (WP:9, ice-elemental longsword)

Simurgh Wingblade (WP:12, cannot be used with a shield; greatsword)

Ignis Blade (WP:5, Fire-elemental, ignores SP of foes weak to Fire, (Beasts, Icey, and Plants) gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword)

Gaia Blade (WP:5, Wood-elemental, ignores SP foes weak to Wood,(aquatic and Rock) gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword

Twin Sai (WP: 12, dual strike, dagger)

Vampire's Court Sword (WP:12 (24); 1/3 chance to cause bleeding; always causes bleeding to humanoids; great sword.)

Artefacts:

Toxic Hood: (Headwear. The green hood worn by the Rosalia Pestilence. Changes the poisoned effect, to Blessed for the duration of the battle if poisoned while wearing the hood, Usable by all.)

Ten-Gallon Hat: Gives the wearer the "Tourist" effect, causing no one to take them seriously)

Witch's Talisman (Causes the witch's poisonous attacks to deal poison 10 instead of poison 1; suitable for witches, accessory)

Gloves of the Hypocritical/Hippocratic Oath, Handwear, (Adds +10 to healing for characters with the Healing job trait and + 10 Poisoning for characters with the Wicked (or future equivalent) fighting style )

Anniversary Medal (Power +4, SP +4, Max Health +4, Max Ether +4. Values increase by 1 with each passing year; Accessory)

Gauntlets of the Legionnaire (Power +5, immune to Petrified, Handwear)

Gems: Emerald X2, Aquamarine X2, Garnet X2, Ruby, Opal, Diamond, Topaz

Scrolls,

Scroll of Poisoning. Can be cast on a weapon to give it Poison 10, for the duration of the battle at the cost of 5 Ether.

Scroll of Frailty (Enables casting the Fragile effect to one target for three round. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.)

Decamon Cards: Cherub (Luminous 3)

Tools: Bed Roll, Shovel, Magic Compass

16306387965_97c0811ab4_t.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII Ziegfried, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (played by Flipz), Level 43.4 Dragoon, 24-year-old male Human *Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, Stunned, Doomed/Instakill Blind, Confused, and Defense Reduction* *Immune to Magic and Healing* *Takes Half Damage from Demon/Dark*

Power Bonus: +1

Health: 55/69 (5+15+42+7)

Defense: 48

Gold: 292 (Owed 128 gold by Boomingham)

Equipment:

Macabre Collar (Provides immunity to Insta-Kill and Doomed; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear, suitable for anyone), Shadeaux Cape (SP:13, Immune to Blind, Confused, and Defense Reduction, suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear), Fur Leggings (SP: 1, Beast enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; footwear, suitable for anyone) Dauntlet Index (WP: 20, doubled against humanoids, Darkness-elemental; spear), Blue Hand Shield (SP:15, Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned; shield), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3, Free hits deal half damage, Bodywear),

Abilities: First Breath (Arthur may sacrifice a turn of combat to focus and gain +3 power. Power resets at the end of a battle or when the hero is KO'd)

Inventory:

Weapons: Zoot's Rebel (WP:20 "halberd", suitable to Arthur only), Clockwork Lance (WP:12, Light-elemental, has 1/3 chance to cause slowed-effect on the target; lance), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes bleeding-by-5 effect), Stag Antlers (WP:10, grants Intimidation; halberd), Metasimian Dory (WP:10, pierces defense; spear), Spider Leg (WP:10, doubled against flying enemies, Lightning- and Wind+Slowed-elemental; spear), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3, halberd, stuns on successful hits, Hollow [--]),

Artifacts: Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Stingy Gloves (Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you; handwear, wearable by everybody), Overkill Gloves (Grants Overkill gold on kills; handwear, suitable for anyone) (currently loaned indefinitely to Namyrra), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; footwear), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes the wearer into an elf of the same gender when worn; Accessory, suitable for anyone) Comfy Pillow (If the user is inflicted by asleep- or fast asleep-effect, they regain full health and ether; accessory.), Coat Hanger (Allows wearing a second bodywear artifact regardless of the amount limit for artifacts; accessory) Lethauros Mail (SP: 4. Prismatic armor bright enough to banish darkness. You can feel the dragon watching you as your continue on your journey, aiding you in your hunt. The wearer takes half damage from Demon and Dark type enemies. Suitable for anyone, bodywear), Immortal Greaves (Legwear. Wearer deals double damage to Ancients and Humanoids.)

Unsuitable Weapons/Artifacts: Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is Jinxed), Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, staff, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Pointy Hat (+2 Max Ether), White Ninja Cowl (The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear),

Spell Items (unsuitable): Ethereal Opal (Ice+Fragile), Garnet (Earth), Ethereal Topaz (Lightning+Stunned), Sapphire (Wind)

Tools: Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Of Power and Mortals (+1 power each successful quest)

Consumables: Adamantite Shard, Potion x3, 12x Grand Potion, Tonic, 10x Remedy, Elixir, 7x Mead, 4x Nostrum, Hurricane, 3x Neutralizer, Exterlate, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Poisoned-by-10 effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Crumbling Venom (-3 HP/-1 SP per round), Blind Fury, Ella's Pie (Permanently boosts max. ether by 5 but permanently decreases max. health by 5 when consumed.), 2x Stun Bomb, 5x Smoke Bomb, 3x Bone, 1x Silver Ore, Trial Brew, Henry Award, Silver Ore x2, Arc Mead

21264411861_15532446e4_t.jpg

Miirym, 17-month-old Dragon youngling (dragon companion controlled by Flipz), Level 43.4 Dragon

Power: 43

Health: 30/72

Element: Darkness

Abilities: May pay 10 health for a 2/6 chance to make a party member Lucky.

----------------------------------------

One day had passed since the Storm. Arthur finds a Z-Mail addressed to him.

We didn't want to stay in Eschaton any longer than we had to. I will be keeping some tabs on the little one. When you need an update, Z-Mail me. Otherwise, please burn this letter. I'd prefer to be forgotten. But this is the least I could do.

Til' then and best wishes.

-Glaz

Arthur was on his way home from a day of digging in the Progg tunnels. It was hard, dangerous work, and more than once Anemos or one of the other Aquaproggs had had to save him from an unexpected flash flood.

He didn't care. It was work, it was help, and it cost him nothing but sweat and goodwill--what little of it he could raise after his daughter's departure. He grabs the pink parchment from the air on reflex, prepared to dismiss it as he had several that day, but something tells him this one was different.

He unseals the message and scans its contents. As soon as he's finished, he lets out a sigh of relief. Nothing he could do would bring Miirym back to him. But now, at least, he knew at least one set of friendly eyes would be watching over her. He puts a hand to the door of Number 14 Heron Street. It is time to rejoin the family he still has.

-----------------------------------------------

One day passed since the Storm. Thormanil lingers around the hall with Arx, the former nursing a mead and the latter keeping to his own. The day of judgment had taxed both of them, and now they finally had rest. The skies were fortunately clear. It was quiet, until the Dragonlord approaches the both of them.

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"Congratulations for another quest done, Thormanil. You and Arx have accomplished a lot."

"It was really a team effort, I doubt we could have done it without the reinforcements you sent us. I wonder where Miirym has flown off to?"

Arx snorts and interjects, <"I bet we could have done without that loudmouthed little brat Lind. You know I was about to throw him right back to that mob? I would have done it.">

"I'm sure you would have," Thormanil chuckles. "He was at least good for takin some of the heat off us though, eh? We don't have to like everyone, just gotta tolerate em to get the job done."

"So what's the plan moving forward, any big changes for the city now that the crisis is averted?"

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"I don't think Immortalis was entirely right with his predictions. But something is brewing, we knew that before he got here. And we will have to do something to stop it."

"Well, you know where to find us." He gave the Dragonlord a nod and turned his attention back to his mead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day had passed since the Storm ended. Life reluctantly returned to Eubric. The streets were not quite hustling and bustling as usual... seeing some houses, some buildings, reduced to nothing by rain and wind had that effect on people. But the streets were not empty. As proof of this, a black knight was walking the streets of the city he helped saved. Someone else was there, too... A tiny little worm hustling about with a package strapped to his back.

hWCqPuN.png

"Oh, *wheeze*, you're Lind, right?"

"The one and only." He crouched down on one knee. "Punii, wasn't it? Need any help with that package?"

hWCqPuN.png

"N-no, it's good, it's *cough* good!"

Punii pauses.

"So Immortalis really *hic* turned on us... And you really stopped him."

"It was a group effort."

The Black Knight sighed. "And it could have been done with a lot less collateral damage..."

hWCqPuN.png

"...I went up with The Regret, *wheeze* once upon a time. You can't... You can't win 'em all."

"No, I suppose not." The Black Knight nodded contemplatively.

"So - how are things underground?"

hWCqPuN.png

"We're not doing... that well. It's still tough, just getting *wheeze* everyone on the same page, getting everyone to work together. Progress is slow, but we'll... We'll get it *wheeze* done. One day..."

"Well, I know Sir Arthur is coming to assist, and he's an engineer, so that should help speed things up a bit. And Vindsval, and I'll be there, doing what we can."

hWCqPuN.png

"Well... I'm glad."

Punii hefts the package back onto his serpentine back.

"Be seeing you around, then."

"You too, little guy.

Stay safe."

Lind watched the little Progg happily - although he had a strange feeling of sadness, as if he would not likely see the little creature ever again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day passed since the Storm. Karie awakes in her own bed in her own home. There were times where she had a feeling she may never get to return there, but there she was. There was, in fact, someone missing, though. Masson went to bed with Karie that night, but wasn't there in the morning. His sheets were peeled back like he had gotten up and went somewhere...

Karie rubbed her eyes as she looked around her room for Masson. Sleep averted her for most of the night, and she still felt tired. "Masson?" Karie called out as she groggily got out of bed. "You up? Everything alright?" She grabbed her house coat as she waited for her husband's reply, shuffling it on.

Karie hears her husband's voice from a door down the hallway.

"In the nursery, sweetie!"

The minstrel heads into her daughter's room, and finds Masson sitting in a chair, cradling their baby in his arm. Little Rachelle had learned to hold onto her father's arm for a bit more support. The two of them looked content.

vSMLaPx.png

"Started crying two hours ago, figured you wanted some sleep... Been keeping her company."

Karie smiled. Even though the road was long and arduous, she had come out of the fight on top. She made sure that there was something for her daughter to look forward to. She leaned against the wall.

"So. What happens next?"

Masson bites his lip.

vSMLaPx.png

"Are you... okay with the teaching thing we talked about earlier?" He tilts his head to the chair next to him. "Sit next to me."

Karie moved next to Masson, taking a seat.

"I have no issues with you teaching at the Academy. I have a personal issue with the guy that runs the place, but if you want to teach, then teach." Karie patted Masson's leg in a comforting manner. "I think you'd be good at it."

Masson sighs as if a huge burden was lifted off of him. He leans over and kisses his wife on the cheek.

vSMLaPx.png

"Thank you - so much - for your support." he sits quietly for a while, rocking little Rachelle back and forth slowly. He tilts the baby towards Karie. "Looks like she has your hair, you know." he says, smiling - and indeed, there were little red tufts of hair on her head.

Karie smiled back to Masson, happy that for once nothing seemed to trouble him. She looked down at their daughter, inspecting the colour of her hair. A wave of emotions washed over her as she looked over her daughter. "Huh." Karie responds gently. "So she does."

vSMLaPx.png

"We'll have to explain the missing arm and the facepaint one day, won't we?" says Masson, sounding more amused than anxious about the prospect.

"Yeah. Let's not rush things, though." Karie responded. She wasn't sure how she was going to tell her daughter about what had gone on in her life, or her husbands, and why things were the way they were, but for the time she was happy that she had something stable in her life with her family.

vSMLaPx.png

"Yep. I think we got at least three years before we get to that point."

Masson places Rachelle back in her crib.

"I'll go make us breakfast." he says, showing himself out of the nursery to the kitchen.

"Alright, let me know when it's ready." Karie replies, watching her husband leave the nursery before getting up herself. She takes a quick moment to look into her daughter's crib before returning to her room in order to get dressed for the day.

--------------------------------------------

One day had passed since the Storm. A winged figure manifests behind Siercon.

8LwutYK.png

"You'll be happy to know that the Crystrow flies the skies once more."

Siercon turns and smiles, he puts out both hands as if to give Corvis a hug, and then realizes that friendships he had in his head weren't always realities... So he cuts himself short and offers Corvis a Hand...

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg

"I am very glad to hear that... and to see that you live. Were others able to make it out before Eschaton fell... It has plagued my heart that countless seemingly went extinct..."

"And for everything, I'm sorry to the greatest degree I can be. Your home, your king, your friends. I don't want to insult you with 'We had to.' but I know that war is pain, loss, and injury. and for those on both sides..." Siercon said sincerely "I mourn with you."

"So... what are you doing now... and where might I find the Crystow building it's new home?"

Corvis accepts the outstretched hand and shakes. His hand goes still a moment, before it slips back to his side.

8LwutYK.png

"Don't get too excited. I couldn't save all of them. Some of them couldn't survive in Olegaia for a minute. They... I gave them the most painless death I could. Better than drowning. The rest will likely not reproduce. They have one life to live here.

...What has happened has happened. I'm going to take some steps to vanish. As for the Crystrow... Well, who knows. Watch the skies."

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg

His head sinks. "Understandable, much was lost." Siercon looks up at the sky for just a moment, and then returns his gaze to Corvis. "As for the Crystow, I will..."

He then pull out one of the angel general's feathers he had collected. It was Corvis's feather, "This was taken in battle when we were still enemies, and when I thought you would die. But now... I can return it if you so wish?"

Siercon holds out the prominent 'Corvis feather'

Corvis reluctantly takes the feather.

8LwutYK.png

"...Thank you. Eubric's future is still unsafe. Be vigilant, and maybe things will turn out alright."

And with that, Corvis bends his knees, launches up, and soars away, likely never to be seen by Heroica again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

One day had passed since the Storm. On a walk through Eubric, Vindsval encounters a familiar gold faced man.

PDNmfNS.png

"Hey... Vindsval, right? Thanks again for digging Masson and Gabriel out of that hot mess at the HQ. And, y'know... Stopping the storm and stuff."

Vindsval looks down at the golden clad man.

icon10.jpg

Indeed that is my name. I can still feel the heat of those flames. Was quite the hellfire. What will you and yours do now that your headquarters lies in cinder and ash?

The storms will not trouble us again, at least not the storms of the Elder Wyrm. I do wish there had been another way. There was far more destruction than I would have seen done, but the Path that was walked in the Path that was shown.

Tell me sir, is there something you would have of me?

PDNmfNS.png

"Well... As of now, I am the de facto leader of the Syndicate. Masson chose to step down. We're just kind of congregating at our own places. Continuing our work as best we can.

It hurts to see our leader go. But he's gone through enough, I think. Maybe one day he'll be back at the helm, maybe not.

No, just wanted to thank you again for all you have done, because I haven't thank you enough. You a drinking man, Vindsval?"

icon10.jpg

Congratulations on your promotion. It does you credit that you do not seek the power that has been given you. It will temper your hand.

I appreciate your gratitude sir. Members of the hall seem to receive little recognition from the people at large at time. It does a man good to know his work has been recognized.

I do enjoy a good drink when I have the leisure to do so. Though I warn you, these hands do not far well with normal glassware. Mistress Shaherizad has been forced to order small batch items simply to have the empty quarter casks for me to use as a mug. Would you care to share a drink and toast to your future and the future of the city?

PDNmfNS.png

"Heh, on the clock right now, but I can fix you up with a keg if you stop by the Albatross later, deal?"

icon10.jpg

I shall make a point to see you there sir. May our Paths cross there soon.

--------------------------------------

One day passed since the Storm. The moon elf and her partner stayed in the Albatross Inn's bar during that evening. It was mostly quiet. There was a light, soothing piano melody as Gabriel's hands danced across the keys, the occasional chatter, the clinking of wine glasses being lifted for a sip...

Having worked that morning, the sniper was still dressed sharply Jinnipher saw him in this suit more often than not. It was a nice uniform, at least.

uw5qjRj.png

"Y'know. Taking over the bar just for you and I after it closes... This might count as an abuse of power, huh?" Gabriel smiles as his fingers continue to glide across the piano.

She sat on a stool at the bar, nearest to Gabriel and the piano. She leaned back with her elbows on the counter as she enjoyed a glass of moon elven wine.

19557531433_d6c5c4d5c6_t.jpg

"Careful about that. You don't want this crowd to start an uprising." She waved her hand sarcastically and looked around at the docile customers lazily. Then she looked at Gabriel, her almond eyes creating a gaze that pierced through his skull. "It's like nothing ever even happened here."

uw5qjRj.png

"It'll be a story they tell their kids or something. They'll remember. But for now... Easier to just drink it away. That, and sweep the floors and repair the windows. I helped with that this morning."

Gabriel stands up and fetches Jinnipher a refill. The rest of the haggard bar patrons return to their rooms, leaving the sniper and knight alone. Gabriel puts an arm around Jinnipher and continues to play piano with one hand.

uw5qjRj.png

"So what's the plan from here?"

"Like I said the other day, try to keep anyone like Immortalis from destroying the city. And if there are any small-time jobs in-between, well, I've got to do something with my time. Are you going to keep rotting away in this bar or what?"

Gabriel chuckles.

uw5qjRj.png

"I still keep my little contracts going underground. And I'm set for life, because the people who go through backwater channels are also willing to shell out a lot more of a hired cannon like myself.

I guess I was more referring to plans for... Us, I guess?"

Jinnipher shrugged. "I see no reason why we need to change anything. So long as we're both still in Eubric we can still... do what we're doing."

Gabriel takes a sip of his drink.

uw5qjRj.png

"Penthouse in this building just opened up, you know. I was figuring I could rent it. Maybe share it with someone?"

"Who did you have in mind?" Jinnipher grinned slyly. "Oh me? Well I sure would miss passing out at Heroica Hall or spending nights in dingy inns. But, sure, why not?" She smiled.

uw5qjRj.png

"I'd hate to deny you the authentic hero experience, but if you want to keep killing gods, you're going to have to sleep in an actual bed. You'll have to share the bed with me, though."

Gabriel takes the moon elf by the hand and stands up.

"And here you were, 'Fine to keep doing what we're doing.' What do you say we head up and spend one last night in my dingy old inn room before we both move someplace much nicer?"

She half-rolled her eyes. "Always with the charm. Well we just saved the city, so I guess that's something to celebrate." She took his hand and followed him up to the room.

-----------------------------------------

One day had passed since the Storm. There was still work to be done. But at the very least, the people of Eubric knew it was raining somewhere else that day.

And that's curtains. Thanks to everyone who read/participated/helped with this four year, fifteen quest adventure.

Edited by Endgame

It was an amazing ride and a heck of a time. Thank you for allowing me the chance and the pleasure to participate

And that's curtains. Thanks to everyone who read/participated/helped with this four year, fifteen quest adventure.

Thank you, Endgame. :cry_happy: It's been an awesome journey - even just the small slice I was on.