Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #147: Judgment Day

Karie sees the flowers already begin to wither, very slowly but very surely. Masson accepts the flowers from Arthur, still some life in them, and presents them to Karie. Arthur's magic compass briefly points to the judgment corridor, before spinning out of control. Gone from Eschaton entirely, likely. The party looks one last time at the serpentine corpse before taking their leave.

The path back is not a long one. Down the steps, through the judgment corridor - Charon's body had been moved - weave through the empty passages of Eschaton halls, and there was the portal. The party steps in...

Elsewhere, the people of Eubric rejoice as the storm ends.

-------------------------------------------------

A tiny little hutch was all that protected Garson and his sister from being snuffed in the storm. They had no money for a hotel, n relatives to stay with, only a tiny thatch roof held up by wooden supports. They never did figure out who built it.

48j97p1.png

"I can't believe it... Look, Vella, look!"

And look Vella does.

TdLitMB.png

"And here I was, thinking you had gone through all the trouble of curing me to have it go out like this... But... Yeah, my god. It's over..."

-----------------------------------------------

The golden masked Octavyn and his troop of syndicate peons huddled up int eh bar of the Albatorss. The windows had busted in, glass and rain and dirt whipped across the bar from the storm's might. The hooded occupants unhuddle and stare out, greeted by a pristine night sky instead of the dreadful storm that was once there.

3SFwQa7.png

"...Did they pull it off, uncle?"

Beneath his mask, the admin was smiling, already about to run out for a much needed gulp of fresh air.

PDNmfNS.png

"Yep. They sure did. Those crazy bastards actually pulled it off!"

Octavyn and the rest go outside, celebrating... their moods only sour a bit as they look upon the ashes of the Syndicate HQ. It seemed more final now, now that the cinders had settled, now that the rain had stopped. Eubric won, but the Syndicate still lost something. The admin only tands at the edge of the rubble, and hopes for the safe return of his friends, joy giving way to contemplation.

------------------------------------------------------

Beneath Eubric, the proggs still seethed.

Q7unWqc.png

"The storm is over, so it seems."

Solon heaves a sigh of relief, but still remains tense.

26YZ5ec.png

"The storm is over. That's... That's good. But the populace...?"

Q7unWqc.png

"The people of the colony... It's still in unrest, to put it lightly. I have my men working as hard as they can, but..."

The two friends stand in silence.

26YZ5ec.png

"We have a lot of work to do, don't we, Fydelle?"

Q7unWqc.png

"Yes, I think we do, sir."

----------------------------------------------

An abandoned warehouse near the border of Eubric. Strivus puppeteers his legion of golems, blocking the people of Eubric in from leaving. A battered Glaz and Corvis, struggling to even walk, let alone carry the corpse of their friend and commander, enter.

8LwutYK.png

"Strivus. We're sorry."

Charon's body was still dripping fluid. Blood mixed with poison.

sZTFNcM.png

"Charon? Charon! You can't be..." he goes up and tries to rouse Charon from his slumber. The archangel would never wake again. The masked angel steps back and cradles his head in a hand, the other clenched into a fist.

y89bjnf.png

"Him and Immortalis."

Strivus freezes, and tears down the blockade he had put up next to the windows to hide his activities. The sky was clear.

sZTFNcM.png

"God dammit... I should've tried something! I should've been more proactive, should've sent some golems their way, stop this from-!"

8LwutYK.png

"Strivus. It's over. None of us can stop them. For better or worse, they are the masters of their own fate now. If they're strong enough to topple Immortalis, there... There may be hope yet."

sZTFNcM.png

"There's more to this than our cause. That is our friend's corpse you are holding in your hands, and-"

y89bjnf.png

"-and he will be buried. We'll cast him to the rivers as he always wanted. He will be with Telethia. And then we will fade into obscurity. It is over, Strivus. Over. I don't like it either. But it is what it is."

Strivus holds back his rage. Considers his options. And with the snap of his fingers, reduces his golems patrolling Eubric's border to lifeless husks.

sZTFNcM.png

"Let's leave. Before I change my mind about this entire damn mess."

---------------------------------------------------------

The party travels through the portal back into Eubric. It closes behind them. It was likely the realm of Eschaton was lost for good in that moment. By the time someone else figured how to access it... all that would be left was an endless sea, the elder's body somewhere deep in the abyss.

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"From the lack of rain, I'd say this is a successful quest."

QM Note: One more update to go before I can let you off the hook... and it will be mostly goodies.

Edited by Endgame

Arthur looks moodily away from the Dragonlord. Most likely, he and the Veteran will soon be having words--but they will not be had right now. The ex-Dragoon listens as the Veteran declares the Quest a success...

But it wasn't. Not for him. Eubric had been saved, sure. By contract, by Heroica, the mission was a success. But by the standards of a father, the night had been a disastrous failure...of the worst possible kind. So much had been lost--his allies, his friendships, his faith in Heroica...and finally, last and worst of all, the daughter he cared about above all else. As he gazes impassively across the ancient timbers of Heroica Hall, he sees something for the first time.

Rot. Weakness. Erosion.

For the first time, Arthur can see what Immortalis saw, a glimpse of the future he'd feared. Twice he had fought climactic battles to save Eubric from calamity. Twice he had lost everything.

Perhaps, on some level, the ancient Dragon had been right about the city all along.

"Well. We saved the city." Arthur looks straight at the Dragonlord, face still stained with Immortalis' blood. "Now all that's left is to make sure it was worth the cost. Good luck with that. But if no one else needs me, I do believe I promised the Proggs some help with the colony we so-called 'heroes' destroyed." Arthur half-heartedly looks over the rest of the party. "Unless there's something I'm forgetting?"

Karie sees the flowers already begin to wither, very slowly but very surely. Masson accepts the flowers from Arthur, still some life in them, and presents them to Karie. Arthur's magic compass briefly points to the judgment corridor, before spinning out of control.

Karie looks the flowers Masson handed to her over. She slowly put them away, looking back to her husband. "I intend to do something with these flowers. To ensure I don't forget about this place." She kissed Masson on the cheek, nudging him to walk with her.

The party travels through the portal back into Eubric. It closes behind them. It was likely the realm of Eschaton was lost for good in that moment. By the time someone else figured how to access it... all that would be left was an endless sea, the elder's body somewhere deep in the abyss.

Karie looked about ready to pass out. She felt tired to her core. She wanted to rest her head on a soft pillow and sleep. She grabbed a chair and sat down.

"I suppose it has been, eh?" Karie took a deep sigh, tilted her head back, and chuckled to herself. She was alive. She had fought the Father of Dragons and managed to come out of it alive. Karie grinned sincerely as relief washed over her. Karie looked over the various items she'd hauled out of Eschaton, the various parts of Immortalis left over from the fight. Karie felt some small amount of somber as she showed them to the Dragonlord. "What can be done with these?"

"Well. We saved the city." Arthur looks straight at the Dragonlord, face still stained with Immortalis' blood. "Now all that's left is to make sure it was worth the cost. Good luck with that. But if no one else needs me, I do believe I promised the Proggs some help with the colony we so-called 'heroes' destroyed." Arthur half-heartedly looks over the rest of the party. "Unless there's something I'm forgetting?"

"Hey, Arthur." Karie motioned him over, wagging her finger at him. "Red's not your colour." She pulled out a cloth from her bag, holding it out for him. She tried to look pleasant, but it was clear she was worried about him.

Vindsval reaches out and clasps Arthur firmly by the shoulder.

Hold Arthur. Leave neither alone nor in anger. You forget it was I who pledged my service to the Progg of the Undercroft. Would you dishonor me by completing the task before I could arrive? You and I entered this thing together, let us leave it together as well. But not yet. There is more left to do here I suspect.

Take the cloth my friend, let not those within or without see you in this state. Though you have lost much, there is much to celebrate this night. We have fought and vanquished the mightiest and most honorable of foes. He challenged us, we accepted his call, and emerged victorious. Are we not worthy of song? Our Path to this place was neither straight nor open, but we have arrived. In that at least, take heart.

Edited by Asphalt

"Hey, Arthur." Karie motioned him over, wagging her finger at him. "Red's not your colour." She pulled out a cloth from her bag, holding it out for him. She tried to look pleasant, but it was clear she was worried about him.

Hold Arthur. Leave neither alone nor in anger. You forget it was I who pledged my service to the Progg of the Undercroft. Would you dishonor me by completing the task before I could arrive? You and I entered this thing together, let us leave it together as well. But not yet. There is more left to do here I suspect.

Take the cloth my friend, let not those within or without see you in this state. Though you have lost much, there is much to celebrate this night. We have fought and vanquished the mightiest and most honorable of foes. He challenged us, we accepted his call, and emerged victorious. Are we not worthy of song? Our Path to this place was neither straight nor open, but we have arrived. In that at least, take heart.

Arthur hesitates, but at last he takes the cloth. "Don't know about 'worthy', nor 'honorable', but I suppose for now I can stay." It goes against every instinct he has, but Arthur knows Heroica--perhaps even some of these very Heroes--could be great allies if his daughter finds herself in need of aid. It would not do for him to alienate them once again...no matter how alien their companionship feels to him right now.

Smile Arthur, You cannot hope to bring light to your daughter's heart if you allow your own to be extinguished. Take pride in what we have done. For good, ill, or other, it was a feat of greatness. Who knows, perhaps our leader will make a song of it herself.

OOh2Xi8.png

"The future is yours now. May the dragons set fire to your hearts and fly them away."

The vorpal blade catches at first, the elder's scales repelling the blade. But soon it cuts through, severing the head from the neck. And so the very first dragon was slain, his corpse doomed to be erased along with his boundless archives.

There was no struggle. No last gasp. Just acceptance as he was cleaved in two. Eubric's future was in the hands of the people, for better or worse. His eyes stayed open, still burning bright. They would continue to glow, until Eschaton finally collapsed into nothingness...

Lind quietly bent down, and pulled a tattered - but elaborate - rug out of his bag and over the fallen dragon's head.

"...All I can say, is that we will find a way to overcome Eubric's fate.

People change.

I'm changing."

He stood up, and prepared to follow the rest of the group home.

"...Goodbye, Ikarus."

Do we get extra goodies, then, the Black Knight thought, since we actually finished the assigned quest about two days ago, and all of this has been free overtime.

He chuckled softly to himself. He might have finally understood - and finally be trying to get rid of - his complexes, but it would be a strange day before he'd be rid of his love for good loot.

Well, you have to leave something for tomorow...

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Jinnipher took one last look into the endless sea through the portal before it closed. She stared contemplatively into the blank space it left behind for another few moments, then turned her back. She rested a hand on Beheader as she walked.

"Tch, we just saved the city from destruction. Saving it from itself is a task for someone else, probably everyone. In the meantime, I'm going to do what I do best." She indicated her sword.

The moon elf snorted and turned her nose up. "Songs. I'll be damned if some half-wit minstrel tries to sing about me." Her expression turned serious. "Great victory or not, we didn't do this for the glory." And now her face softened, a hint of a grin playing at the edge of her mouth. "Although, the next bastard who tries to destroy Eubric should know who they're dealing with."

The moon elf snorted and turned her nose up. "Songs. I'll be damned if some half-wit minstrel tries to sing about me." Her expression turned serious. "Great victory or not, we didn't do this for the glory." And now her face softened, a hint of a grin playing at the edge of her mouth. "Although, the next bastard who tries to destroy Eubric should know who they're dealing with."

Karie cheekily strummed a on her guitar.

"There once was a woman named Jinnipher Buchaire

They say that the sea had the same hue as her hair

She went off one day, in search of a fight

And now she sucks off her boyfriend at night!"

Ikarus stares at Siercon.

OOh2Xi8.png

"My wounds have yet to heal. Poison courses through my veins. I lack the fortitude to do as you request."

"If I die... All of it, everything we have built, will sink into the endless sea here before long. The eschaton of Eschaton, so to speak. All of the history and the endangered animals, gone..."

Siercon's expression soured at this. It was clear, extinction darkened his mood greatly.

"Can Corvis not open the gates before they die or at least save a few... whether or not it was supposed to be their time..." Siercon asked

Arthur looks moodily away from the Dragonlord. Most likely, he and the Veteran will soon be having words--but they will not be had right now. The ex-Dragoon listens as the Veteran declares the Quest a success...

But it wasn't. Not for him. Eubric had been saved, sure. By contract, by Heroica, the mission was a success. But by the standards of a father, the night had been a disastrous failure...of the worst possible kind. So much had been lost--his allies, his friendships, his faith in Heroica...and finally, last and worst of all, the daughter he cared about above all else...

"Indeed you are forgetting something..." Siercon pulls out Sven's dagger, the scarf, and the gems (Etherial included) and returns them to him.

"These were amazingly helpful... I don't think I would have been half as useful. Seriously, thank you so much. Couldn't have asked for a better ally." Siercon said patting him on he shoulder with his foggy mist-like hand. He seemed to link this word'Ally' to what Arthur was saying earlier... Almost in a 'you still have us' kind of sense.

"I am terribly sorry for both of you. (in reference to Miirym)... You may have lost her for a time, but she will come back... don't let her lose you before she does. We are your friends Arthur, flaws and all. Please don't become cold, or lose hope... We're here for you, or at lease some of us are. Let me know if you want to grab a drink or drain progg cities... I'll be there."

"I suppose it has been, eh?" Karie took a deep sigh, tilted her head back, and chuckled to herself. She was alive. She had fought the Father of Dragons and managed to come out of it alive. Karie grinned sincerely as relief washed over her. Karie looked over the various items she'd hauled out of Eschaton, the various parts of Immortalis left over from the fight. Karie felt some small amount of somber as she showed them to the Dragonlord. "What can be done with these?"

Siercon listened intently for Dragonlord's reply.

"Are they all a part of a set, or would separate things be constructed from the individual items. For example a sword from the claws, or wings from the wingspike...?" Siercon inquired.

Hold Arthur... ... In that at least, take heart.

Siercon nods to this, and puts on an additive smile towards Arthur.

"Tch, we just saved the city from destruction. Saving it from itself is a task for someone else, probably everyone. In the meantime, I'm going to do what I do best." She indicated her sword.

"That's... probably true." Siercon starts hesitantly, but then whole heartedly agrees.

Gabriel glares at Karie that was almost as deadly as his aim.

Yyu6Ryp.png

"And I can only imagine what you do with my brother behind closed doors."

The Dragonlord looks at the dragon parts offered to him.

"...There was a blacksmith here, actually. Claiming that he wanted to show "those Heroicans what a real blacksmith can do." Very enthusiastic about his craft. He's waiting outside this room."

The party ventures out, and a blading old man hefting a hammer was outside.

AyNYMHN.png

"I'm Flavius. I think I've met a couple of ya? When I heard you Heroican fellas were after a bona fide dragon, I'd show you what a lifetime of experience could actually do. Told ya I'd show you what I could do with some raw material, didn't I?"

And after a few hours of work, Flavius reveals his masterpiece...

UX1ZjJw.png

Armor honed from the remnants of Immortalis. Wear it, and wield unspeakable power.

Immortal Helm: Give us your boundless wisdom, argent lord of lightning, so we may learn from our past. Gives the wearer permanent Blessed and Transcended as long as the helm is worn. Headwear.

Immortal Aegis: Protect us, argent lord of lightning, and ensure our future. SP: 6, has a 1/6 chance of nullifying all damage from a Free Hit. Bodywear.

Immortal Palms: Send your wrath down from the heaven, argent lord of lightning, for we have sinned. +7 power; all battle start with one round of Electric weather. Handwear.

Immortal Rapturewings: Grace us with your presence, argent lord of lightning, and may your wings of night carry you into eternity. SP: 4, the wearer does not lose positive effects upon being knocked out. Backwear.

Immortal Greaves: Alter the world, argent lord of lightning, and may your every movement ripple through history forevermore. Wearer deals double damage to Humanoids and Ancients. Legwear.

Immortal Essence: Look down upon us from your realm, argent lord of lightning, and deliver unto us your final judgment. +1 Power for every single enemy still standing. Accessory.

Iudeus: Be free from your endless burden, argent lord of lightning, and allow this blade to carry on your legacy. WP: 25. Successful hits have a 1/3 chance of Awakening the blade's true power, doubling the sword's WP for the next round. WP cannot exceed more than double the base WP. Greatsword/Longsword.

QM Note: Distribute the loot and you are all free to go! Thanks for making the journey with me.

The Dragonlord looks at the dragon parts offered to him.

"...There was a blacksmith here, actually. Claiming that he wanted to show "those Heroicans what a real blacksmith can do." Very enthusiastic about his craft. He's waiting outside this room."

The party ventures out, and a blading old man hefting a hammer was outside.

AyNYMHN.png

"I'm Flavius. I think I've met a couple of ya? When I heard you Heroican fellas were after a bona fide dragon, I'd show you what a lifetime of experience could actually do. Told ya I'd show you what I could do with some raw material, didn't I?"

"Flavius! Good to see you again."

And after a few hours of work, Flavius reveals his masterpiece...

Armor honed from the remnants of Immortalis. Wear it, and wield unspeakable power.

"Those Rapturewings look exceptionally handy, but I can't wear them with these..." He tapped the two metal wings on his back. He eyed the pile thoughtfully.

"I wonder if those Greaves would pair well with my Netherwings...barring that, those Palms could be useful."

He held up his hands. "Just statin' preferences, not playin' Dibsies."

OoC: Can we auto-add the 250 gold reward to our Inventories?

Iudeus: ...

WP cannot exceed more than double the base WP.

Does that mean that Sharpening it cuts off at 50 WP?

QM Note: Distribute the loot and you are all free to go! Thanks for making the journey with me.

Thank you. It's been an awesome one. :classic: Edited by Lind Whisperer

"A pair of wings might be just what I need to keep from breakin a leg on the drop, now that this guy's gettin big enough to really pick me up." He nudges Arx jokingly, to ease the mood.

"Indeed you are forgetting something..." Siercon pulls out Sven's dagger, the scarf, and the gems (Etherial included) and returns them to him.

"These were amazingly helpful... I don't think I would have been half as useful. Seriously, thank you so much. Couldn't have asked for a better ally." Siercon said patting him on he shoulder with his foggy mist-like hand. He seemed to link this word'Ally' to what Arthur was saying earlier... Almost in a 'you still have us' kind of sense.

"I am terribly sorry for both of you. (in reference to Miirym)... You may have lost her for a time, but she will come back... don't let her lose you before she does. We are your friends Arthur, flaws and all. Please don't become cold, or lose hope... We're here for you, or at lease some of us are. Let me know if you want to grab a drink or drain progg cities... I'll be there."

"I'll...keep that in mind." The levity of the Heroes, and of Karie's irreverent song, helped, of course, but it was still far too soon after Miirym's departure. Only time could ease that pain, and only just. Still, at least the edge of his pain no longer shone through a bloodstained visage like lightning through the blackest storm.

"Flavius! Good to see you again."

"Those Rapturewings look exceptionally handy, but I can't wear them with these..." He tapped the two metal wings on his back. He eyed the pile thoughtfully.

"I wonder if those Greaves would pair well with my Netherwings...barring that, those Palms could be useful."

He held up his hands. "Just statin' preferences, not playin' Dibsies."

Arthur finishes wiping the blood from his face as Flavius finishes his work. "Somehow, I think the greaves and those wings would clash. I would prefer the Greaves myself, if it came down to it. Not much of the rest I could really use, even if I changed my fighting style."

Edited by Flipz

Excellent work Flavius, They are all worthy pieces. As far as for the Armor I would only be able to use the Wings or the Greaves. Barring those the Sword.

Siercon noted people expressing there preferences. He had planned on saying nothing in efforts to remain unbias... But couldn't help himself.

"Interesting, I'm surprised out of four of us no ones mentioned the essence. Flavius, that... I find most intriguing. Capturing the immortal essence... An awesome item indeed."

He continued down a different train of thought

"As an expert blacksmith... Might you know of anyone who might find archangels wings useful as a raw material? Otherwise I was planning on seeing what the rito might be able to do..."

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Jinnipher balled her hands into fists. "You're lucky I slew a dragon today, powderpuff. Just give me the Helm and let's be done with it."

Loot Distribution:

Rapturewings: Thormanil

Iudues: Vindsval

Greaves: Arthur

Palms: Lind

Essence: Siercon

Helm: Jinnipher

Aegis: Karie

Karie hoped everyone was satisfied with their loot, passing it around calmly.

Loot Distribution:

Siercon accepted the essence cordially.

"Ah, excellent, Thank you Karie." Siercon said dawning the accesory. It fit in perfectly with his darkphibbian cloak, and joined its dark miasma with an immortalis aura.

"Friends, it has been a great and difficult road. Painful, yet complete. Well done. There has been loss, but we have saved many lives. It has been an honor fighting along side all of you."

Loot Distribution:

Lind chuckled as he pulled the gloves on. "Quite the oddly colored collection of gear I'm putting together..."

"Ah, excellent, Thank you Karie." Siercon said dawning the accesory. It fit in perfectly with his darkphibbian cloak, and joined its dark miasma with an immortalis aura.

"Friends, it has been a great and difficult road. Painful, yet complete. Well done. There has been loss, but we have saved many lives. It has been an honor fighting along side all of you."

"Well said, friend." Lind stepped forward. "But...before the road is completely behind us, there is one last thing that needs to be said." He turned, and stood in front of Arthur.

"Arthur...When I first saw Immortalis...I admired him. What he preached seemed to make sense to me. The "wise," benevolent people wisely ruling over everyone else, and making "necessary" choices for "the greater good".

I - I believe I was under a bit of a god complex.

But it just was all my own vanity, feeding and reading into it."

The Black Knight shook his head.

"It's very easy to talk on about "the greater good," and loudly muse about how the "means justify the end" - but then I actually got to see it in action. I had to watch the Proggs stand there, and have to helplessly see their houses destroyed.

Hundreds of creatures loosing their homes, just to slightly expedite a "greater good", that would have happened either way.

And I suddenly realized just how many innocent people get caught in the crossfire of that kind of "wise rule".

How many people get hurt, for no real purpose."

He sighed.

"So, I'm sorry, Arthur. You were right, and I was wrong." He shrugged. "Heck, I'm probably wrong about plenty of things...

But I'm starting to figure them out."

Listening to Whisperer's little speech, Vindsval can't help but smile a little.

It would seem some of us have grown through this experience after all. Let us see if he continues this turn.

Hefting the glowing sword he gives it a few test swipes through the air. Surprised to see the strange after image it leaves as it passes. He sheathes the bade.

He turns to each of his companions in turn.

Thank you for your leadership in this quest Mistress Karie, I do not doubt that without your skill with your strings we would have met a very different end.

Arthur, Thormanil, the power of the dragoon is truly a site to behold. It was a great honor to meet both you and your companions.

Do not underestimate the power of the Witchery way Thromanil, it can be both a great power and a great threat.

Arthur, I believe we may yet have a great deal to discuss, but perhaps there will be a more appropriate time when all is concluded.

Siercon, always a pleasure to meet another unique individual. Variety is truly the greatest strength of our order.

Jinnipher, You are a great warrior, but I hope that one day your demeanor matches the wisdom of your years. Not all those you meet would be your friend, but not all would be your enemy either.

It has been an honor, if not completely a pleasure, to quest with all of you.

Loot Distribution:

Rapturewings: Thormanil

Iudues: Vindsval

Greaves: Arthur

Helm: Jinnipher

Aegis: Karie

Arthur nods as he accepts the return of all his loaned items and slowly pulls on the greaves, the great boots a solemn remembrance of the tragedy that took place this evening. The ex-Dragoon sees no need for words.

Lind chuckled as he pulled the gloves on. "Quite the oddly colored collection of gear I'm putting together..."

"Well said, friend." Lind stepped forward. "But...before the road is completely behind us, there is one last thing that needs to be said." He turned, and stood in front of Arthur.

"Arthur...When I first saw Immortalis...I admired him. What he preached seemed to make sense to me. The "wise," benevolent people wisely ruling over everyone else, and making "necessary" choices for "the greater good".

I - I believe I was under a bit of a god complex.

But it just was all my own vanity, feeding and reading into it."

The Black Knight shook his head.

"It's very easy to talk on about "the greater good," and loudly muse about how the "means justify the end" - but then I actually got to see it in action. I had to watch the Proggs stand there, and have to helplessly see their houses destroyed.

Hundreds of creatures loosing their homes, just to slightly expedite a "greater good", that would have happened either way.

And I suddenly realized just how many innocent people get caught in the crossfire of that kind of "wise rule".

How many people get hurt, for no real purpose."

He sighed.

"So, I'm sorry, Arthur. You were right, and I was wrong." He shrugged. "Heck, I'm probably wrong about plenty of things...

But I'm starting to figure them out."

Arthur is tired, too tired. For politeness, or for arguments. "See that you do," he merely says, perhaps more coldly than at first intended, but perhaps as befitting all that had occurred. The man takes a few steps away, toward the doors of the Hall.

The mind of an immortal does not easily forget...nor a grieving heart easily forgive, regardless the source of the wrong.

But there has always been more to Arthur Ziegfried than the simple. He speaks back without looking. "That is my true hope." It is not forgiveness. But it is reassurance. Even without true Diplomacy, it is clear that that is all the Black Knight will get.

Listening to Whisperer's little speech, Vindsval can't help but smile a little.

It would seem some of us have grown through this experience after all. Let us see if he continues this turn.

Hefting the glowing sword he gives it a few test swipes through the air. Surprised to see the strange after image it leaves as it passes. He sheathes the bade.

He turns to each of his companions in turn.

Thank you for your leadership in this quest Mistress Karie, I do not doubt that without your skill with your strings we would have met a very different end.

Arthur, Thormanil, the power of the dragoon is truly a site to behold. It was a great honor to meet both you and your companions.

Do not underestimate the power of the Witchery way Thromanil, it can be both a great power and a great threat.

Arthur, I believe we may yet have a great deal to discuss, but perhaps there will be a more appropriate time when all is concluded.

Siercon, always a pleasure to meet another unique individual. Variety is truly the greatest strength of our order.

Jinnipher, You are a great warrior, but I hope that one day your demeanor matches the wisdom of your years. Not all those you meet would be your friend, but not all would be your enemy either.

It has been an honor, if not completely a pleasure, to quest with all of you.

Arthur nods. Despite their differences, there is wisdom in this lone wanderer. But that very wisdom had rightly noticed that he is in no state to receive it. "I will be going to serve the Proggs now. If any wish to join me, I will not reject the company." His statement, though quiet, is made to all the Hall, but he knows few will heed it. He has seen the true face of Heroica. And he does not like what he has found.

He wonders if he will ever truly trust a Hero again.

Arthur is tired, too tired. For politeness, or for arguments. "See that you do," he merely says, perhaps more coldly than at first intended, but perhaps as befitting all that had occurred. The man takes a few steps away, toward the doors of the Hall.

The mind of an immortal does not easily forget...nor a grieving heart easily forgive, regardless the source of the wrong.

But there has always been more to Arthur Ziegfried than the simple. He speaks back without looking. "That is my true hope." It is not forgiveness. But it is reassurance. Even without true Diplomacy, it is clear that that is all the Black Knight will get.

The knight quietly nodded. It might not have been forgiveness - but it was an acceptance of his apology, and that was enough.
Arthur nods. Despite their differences, there is wisdom in this lone wanderer. But that very wisdom had rightly noticed that he is in no state to receive it. "I will be going to serve the Proggs now. If any wish to join me, I will not reject the company."

Lind straightened up and nodded.

"I need to run errands for a day or two first*, but I'm in."

He handed the Severa Slasher and the Mythril Mail back to Vindsval.

"Thanks for the loan - they saved me from a knock-out once or twice."

*OoC: So Lind's The End timeline doesn't get tangled.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

With an almost casual realization, Arthur returns the Lethauros Mail he'd borrowed from Vindsval, as well as anything else he'd borrowed from anyone else along the Quest.

OOC: Because I'm in no state to figure out exactly what I've loaned out and borrowed so far. Assuming nothing too major is left, I'll probably work on something for the QM lounge in a few days. For now, though, I just need to rest.

Vindsval accepts his items back and stores them away.

I will be returning to the tunnels as well. There is much to be done in those dank caves. He shakes his head. Always has to be tunnels.