Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #147: Judgment Day

Masson just sadly shakes his head and puts a hand on the barrel of Gabriel's gun and gently lowers it.

vSMLaPx.png

"...I look up to you a lot, you know. There are a lot of times where I wish I was more like you. But... This isn't one of them."

Gabriel looks at his little brother with some measure of surprise, before stowing his handcannon.

There is a small door at the end of the huge judgment hall, almost laughably small when compared to anything else. Would the party proceed?

"This is a bad idea, Vindsval. Let him go. Let him be with Telethia. Look, you didn't even bind all of his wounds..." With a frown, Arthur places his hand over a large wound in Charon's chest, ironically a wound from a handcannon round mirroring the one that had felled Telethia. As Vindsval keeps moving across the battlefield, Arthur stumbles a little, then steps away, worn from his exertions. "Like I said, I'm not going to strike him down now. But helping him here...well, I suppose saving Glaz and Corvis worked out. But unlike them, he's not shown the slightest inclination of good, nor did he attack non-fatally as they did--not to mention the way he held the city hostage. Best to have some insurance if we insist on saving him." Arthur's frown only deepens, as he mulls over his values that have come at odds with each other. He scrawls a note and seals it, walking up to Vindsval once more and tucking it into the archangel's robes.

So be it my friend. I will bow to the judgment of the party on this one, though I will not lay blade to his throat.

Vindsval reaches up with his off hand, grabs the body like a sleeping bundle and drops it, not viciously, but not gently to the battlefield.

Vindsval looks at the Stygian Blade.

Combined with the power of my new arm, i believe it would serve us well for me to wild that against the Ancient Wyrm we are to face if there are you objections to this?

The Munchkin chuckled. "He's not just ancient. He's primordial. The Father of Dragons."

Gabriel points his gun at the unconscious Charon's head.

Yyu6Ryp.png

"We killing him?"

"I'll...follow the party leader on that one. I'm a bit loathe to trust my personal judgement at the moment."

"Then take it." Karie hands Vindsval the blade, wanting to be rid of it.

Loot

Karie: Arc Mead

Jinnipher: Fenghuang Essence

Lind: Scroll of Frailty

Thormanil: Arc Mead

Arthur: Arc Mead

Vindsval: Stygian Blade

Siercon: Phoenix Incense

Lind accepted the scroll eagerly. "I've been looking for one of these for a long time..."

He gently ran his fingers up the edge of the paper, and tucked it carefully away. After a moment, he pulled it out, and held it towards Siercon.

"Want to borrow it for the next battle? Battle mages can use scrolls, can't they?"

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Jinnipher sheathed her blade and tucked a strand of hair behind her pointed ear. "If the sword didn't kill him the poison will soon enough. Kill him or let him rot, this'll all be over soon."

"I know right? But is the way of the chimera..." Siercon said in objective agreement, but clearly on the opposite side of the expressed repulsion.

She raised an eyebrow. "Going to frame all those feathers you've been collecting or what?"

Vindsval looks at the Stygian Blade.

Combined with the power of my new arm, i believe it would serve us well for me to wild that against the Ancient Wyrm we are to face if there are you objections to this?

"Don't you have enough swords?"

Masson just sadly shakes his head and puts a hand on the barrel of Gabriel's gun and gently lowers it.

vSMLaPx.png

"...I look up to you a lot, you know. There are a lot of times where I wish I was more like you. But... This isn't one of them."

Gabriel looks at his little brother with some measure of surprise, before stowing his handcannon.

There is a small door at the end of the huge judgment hall, almost laughably small when compared to anything else. Would the party proceed?

Jinnipher watched the exchange silently, giving Gabriel a small nod once Masson wasn't looking.

The party presses on down the corridor, and exits the grand cathedral, back in the lush plains of Eschaton.

uufiwdI.png

Rising up from behind the immense judgment hall was the staircase the party was so familiar with, this time not filtered through the haze of a dream or vision. It felt strange, truly standing there together, for the first time...

Immortalis awaited the party at the top of these steps. Would the heroes proceed?

Karie uncorked the Arc Mead, taking a sip before handing it to Jinnipher. "Everybody gets a sippy-poo. Pass it around."

"If you have anything to do, best do so now. This is going to be one hell of a fight."

Jinnipher took a swig and held out the flask to the person next to her. She realized it was Lind and yanked it away to give it to Thormanil.

She also dropped the Fenghuang Incense, letting the electric blue smoke surrounding the party.

"Let's do this." She held the pommel of Beheader firmly.

Gabriel seems to marvel over the blue sparks surrounding him.

Yyu6Ryp.png

"Didn't think some garden could be more intimidating than a giant castle shrouded in fog, but... Here we are."

vSMLaPx.png

"You know... I think I'm putting my blade down after this fight, for good."

Karie downs a Mulled Wine and a Smelling Salts.

vSMLaPx.png

"You know... I think I'm putting my blade down after this fight, for good."

Karie nodded, at least happy her husband wouldn't be put in any more peril by the decision. "Well, let's get this fight over with then."

Siercon accepts the scroll of frailty from Lind "thank you, I'll try to use the dagger, but if i need to step back for a by, this will be helpful."

Siercon loads a potion into his hollow spear, as well as downing another potion to top off his health, then partaken from the mead being passed around.

He hefts the awkward wing sack up off his shoulders and looks upon the others and Immortalis. "Sigh. Well... anything to say before we begin??"

Arthur partakes from the mead being passed around, then uses a Nostrum each on Jinnifer and Vindsval. "Gabriel, go ahead and smoke that last cigar of yours. No sense not using it now..."

Edited by Flipz

Many thanks Arthur, I can feel the fates smile upon me.

Vindsval accepts the bottle as it is passed to him, takes a short pull, and then passes it around the circle.

A drink among brothers. . . and sisters. It is a good day to end a path, but let it not be ours.

​He then pops an AMBROSIA into his mouth and washes it down with a MULLED WINE, and then CASTS POISON on the SYGIAN BLADE.

At the risk of sounding the fool from a tale of old, Let us end the beast and his reign of teriny upon the people of this land.

OoC: Sorry to keep calling out errors, but I just noticed that Lind's armor stat is still using the SP from the Invader Armor, and needs an additional +1 from his Akrone Fez. Also, he should only have 41 maximum health, not 42.

Defense: 13 (3+4+6)

Health: _/42 (7+24+9+1)

Fixed:

Defense: 21 (10+4+6+1)

Health: _/41 (7+24+9+1)

So earlier, with the higher SP, he should only have taken 10 damage, leaving him at 30/41 healthwise.

>Lind VS Charon (back): Special Damage Special Damage (Unseen Might: 31x2/2=31-21=10 damage)

Grabbing his sip from the Mead, Lind followed it with a Potion.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

It was a somber climb. The night sky was clear, a black void that seemed to get darker the higher the party ascended. The rolling green plains of Eschaton gave way to the small mountain they were ascending step by step. Silence surrounded them, only the deep blue sconces illuminating their way. And yet, despite the beauty of this realm, the party knew that their own home was being ravaged by an increasingly apocalyptic storm. if they close their eyes, they could've sworn they heard thunder, pitter-patter...

The greenery of Eschaton gives way to a dull, lifeless gray as the party makes their final ascent. it seems age sucked the vigor out of this part of Eschaton. Finally, the party reaches the summit of the stairs, and find Immortalis.

PHWbymi.png

Arx and Miirym stand next to the primordial dragon, unharmed, staring at into the endless expanse of sea. Gentle waves stir and crash onto the shore of the ancient garden, rusting the blades and axes and halberds and staves thrust into the terrain.

OOh2Xi8.png

"It is time for you to rejoin the others, little ones." says Immortalis, turning towards the party.

"So, you've made it - here, the most secluded little garden in the world. The burning wreckage was escaped. The tunnels navigated. The angels try to heal their wounds, and Charon lies dead in a pool of his own blood, infested by poison. You've done remarkably well.

There are but two paths now, as far as Eubric is concerned."

Karie raised her arms to shoulder height, as if to show she'd made it. She looked at Immortalis. "Told you I'd make it." The satisfaction in Karie's voice was prominent as she gloated at Immortalis.

Karie raised her arms to shoulder height, as if to show she'd made it. She looked at Immortalis. "Told you I'd make it." The satisfaction in Karie's voice was prominent as she gloated at Immortalis.

OOh2Xi8.png

"So you did. So what is your plan now?"

"The fact that we're even having this conversation means that Miirym could not convince you to back down. And if she could not...I don't believe the rest of us can, either. So only one plan remains." Arthur unlimbers his weapons, as prepared for battle as he could be. "We stop you. No matter what it takes."

With a glance back at Immortalis and Arx, Miirym takes to the skies, circling the soon-to-be battlefield before sweeping down behind Arthur. <I am sorry that it must come to this. But at least now I understand that this moment could not have unfolded any other way.>

OOh2Xi8.png

"So you did. So what is your plan now?"

"I think Arthur sort of said everything I wanted to, however, I am willing to give you one chance. One chance to stand down and stop this madness." Karie replied. "Stop this storm and we can end this without any further bloodshed."

You speak truly Ancient One, there are indeed two paths before us. You end the storms and release your grip upon the world voluntarily, or you end the storms and release your grip upon the world after we have forced you to do so.

Siercon remained silent watching the exchanges. He specifically examined the weapons planted throughout the arena. He was searching for any weapons that looked like they may have cause some damage before meeting their present abandon...

Then he replied...

"We didn't escape the burning wreckage... We've come to the heart of it." He said flatly, pulling out his only cataclysm bomb.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

"It's far to late to let this all go by the wayside. Let's finish this." Jinnipher drew Beheader and pointed it at Immortalis. "Did you predict this, o mighty dragon?"

"If this is what it must come to...then may this be ended quickly."

They were not words that captured the gravity of the moment. But they were all the words he had.

QM Note: Been waiting for everyone to respond... The final battle begins tomorrow!

Sorry, cell service spontaneously all-but-died at my cabin this weekend.

"I could do with a quick patchin' up, if no one minds" as he looks towards Vindsval.

Both take a swig of the mead.