Sign in to follow this  

HELP with Vakama Masks!

Ok, so I recently purchased a lot of bionicle masks and it came with a Toa Vakama mask and the Hordika Vakama mask, and they have weird silver and black colors on them. I'm a lego purist, and I want to know if these actually come in sets before I make MOCs with them. can anyone help?

post-152364-0-28165400-1456784177_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I recently purchased a lot of bionicle masks and it came with a Toa Vakama mask and the Hordika Vakama mask, and they have weird silver and black colors on them. I'm a lego purist, and I want to know if these actually come in sets before I make MOCs with them. can anyone help?

Nope, they didn't come like that. It looks like somebody tried painting them.

Nope, they didn't come like that. It looks like somebody tried painting them.

Aw man. I really like the design of the masks, so do you know how to remove paint without ruining the parts?

I don't know if it would be Lego safe; but a lot of model railroaders use Isopropyl Alcohol to strip paint of plastic models. They leave the plastic in alcohol for a night, then they brush it with a cheap toothbrush. I'd test it first with an old brick; just to be sure it works on Lego plastic. Make sure to rinse the piece with water afterwards.

I don't know if it would be Lego safe; but a lot of model railroaders use Isopropyl Alcohol to strip paint of plastic models. They leave the plastic in alcohol for a night, then they brush it with a cheap toothbrush. I'd test it first with an old brick; just to be sure it works on Lego plastic. Make sure to rinse the piece with water afterwards.

Thanks xboxtravis. The person I bought the lot of masks from sure liked to modify masks! The Toa Iruini mask was missing those tiny tooth things on the bottom and he didn't send the Brutaka mask because he accidentaly broke it :P

Thanks xboxtravis. The person I bought the lot of masks from sure liked to modify masks! The Toa Iruini mask was missing those tiny tooth things on the bottom and he didn't send the Brutaka mask because he accidentaly broke it :P

I am so glad my "Customize/sharpie" desires went on my army men and none of my Lego sets. :P Honestly I am surprised he even sold those masks in that condition.

I am so glad my "Customize/sharpie" desires went on my army men and none of my Lego sets. :P Honestly I am surprised he even sold those masks in that condition.

Yet here I am kicking myself over my Solek mask with pink crap all over it. Why? Why?!

Don't know whether that's a permanent pen or paint.

Regardless, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers tend to work the best (at least for me) in getting permanent ink off. It's affordable too, and requires no chemical know-how!

Yet here I am kicking myself over my Solek mask with pink crap all over it. Why? Why?!

When I was little I colored all of my Toa Mata masks with purple marker, lucky it washed off :D