Sign in to follow this  
Fulcrumfan91

Which is your favourite Toa pair from the past two years of G2?

So as in the question, I thought it'd be interesting to discuss which of the Toa, both versions (masters, uniters) are your favourite and why that is!

For me, it's extremely difficult to pick out a pair that I really like.....I feel like the Uniters have some interesting bits while the Masters don't and vice versa...but I would probably say the two Onuas we have gotten are my favourite....in terms of consistency so colours that I like, weapons, masks (they aren't my favourite....but I can't say I dislike them unlike some of the other toa)..so yeah.

Edited by lambda_cla3391

Hm, tough call. My favorite Uniter is Lewa but my favorite Master is probably Gali. But Uniter Gali and Master Lewa are also both pretty decent. It's hard to say which pair I'd prefer.

Both versions of Onua and Kopaka are my favourite Masters/Uniters. Onua > Kopaka for 2015; Kopaka > Onua for 2016. In my opinion, they're the most cohesive/interesting builds of their respective years (bar Kopaka Uniter's horrible gold thighs), and it probably has to do with the fact that Kopaka is one of my favourite G1 characters. :tongue:

When I read toa pair, I was expecting a onua x tahu shipping here. Oh well...

My favourite is probably either lewa or tahu. I like both 2015 lewa and tahu. Lewa because of his wrist blade (that I mod) and 2016 version's weapon that resembles that. Tahu, because I love his 2015 version, and I think his 2016 version works, despite lack of red.

This is a really tough choice! I'm gonna go with 2015 Gali and 2016 Lewa.

Gali has some great shaping and colours, and I love her big ol' weapon. Same story with Lewa, really, as he's the most cohesive of the Uniters.

2015 Kopaka, nice bulky frame but not too overwhelming.

2016 Lewa. First vorox armour piece for me, and hordika necks which can form great shapes.

Gali '15 is probably my favorite G2 set overall so far. Not really a big fan of any of the Uniters but if I had to pick I'd go with Onua I guess? He's got the most coherent design out of all of them IMO.

If I had to pick in pairs, Onua(s), easy. But for individuals, I'll still go with Master Onua for 2015. He was just phenomenal, one of the most fun to build BIONICLE sets, and a great resulting figure.

2016 is a little tougher. I like them all well enough (except for Pohatu, kinda =P) but my favorite standalone Toa would probably be Tahu. I think it comes down to the weapons; Lewa's tonfas get in the way, while Onua's spinning hammer irritates me. Both edge out Tahu in terms of build, but Tahu's weapons give him the title overall.

I'll still go with Master Onua for 2015. He was just phenomenal, one of the most fun to build BIONICLE sets, and a great resulting figure.

Lewa's tonfas get in the way, while Onua's spinning hammer irritates me. Both edge out Tahu in terms of build, but Tahu's weapons give him the title overall.

Yeah...I still hate that Lewa's weapons...but the figure on its own is actually incredibly good..better than I thought he'd be. Onua's drill-hammer is, I agree, a little bit irritating and I also have to say Master Onua indeed was awesome!

I would say Kopaka is my favorite 2015 toa. I loved the colors of him, and his build was one of the most solid of the masters, and actually worked with the HF Torso Piece. I like that they stayed with the roots, but added lots of new character to the set as well.

I would say Onua is my favorite 2016 toa. The colors are really nice, and the build still retains the bulky look of 2015 while not looking too silly.

My favorites are DEFINETLY Onua15 cuz he's awesome and more awesome. Oh did I say he's awesome? For 2016, I don't know. I think they all are pretty good. When/if I get Kopaka and Lewa that may change my vote. My favorite is probally Tahu.

Color scheme: Uh...ok.

Playability: Awesome!

Joints: Pretty good. His legs are slightly rigid though.

Weapons: Technic here, technic there...

Overall: Pretty good, like a pear.