MacKaiwer

[MOC] Alternative build for set 42039 - V8 Airboat

Hello there again :classic: This time I've built a airboat which is like some madman design from the movie Waterworld :laugh: It took some 5 hours to have fun with only parts from set 42039 and end result is this V8 Airboat.

Some details... It has piston working (by turning propeller) V8, working radar, safety grid for engine and propeller, headlights, safety gas tank, right hand control panel with red and white lights and left hand stick which operates radar.

Some pictures:

Front left overall look:

ChFflap.jpg

Safety grid, safety gas tank and V8 engine:

ip7NV8A.jpg

Propeller and radar:

9lsJSxo.jpg

Right side:

Uv9l31n.jpg

Left side:

7CBTYRQ.jpg

Straight front view:

kDcrgXt.jpg

Straight back view:

TcdwJrp.jpg

Belly shot:

fv5GRVG.jpg

Thank you for watching :classic: Comment and critics are welcome as always :thumbup:

Now this is a rather unusal C-Model. Congrats for being able to think around corners.

Have you tried to make the propeller spin by powering it from a wheel on the ground as the MOC is pushed over the floor? Like on the fire plane.

Excellent build, not sure how authentic - is it based on a real airboat? Also, how many parts left over?

it's always nice to see someone make an alternate that doesn't have anything to do with the main set. great job. :thumbup::wink:

wow nice, i like that is completly different than most mocs/sets.

Thanks, guys :classic: Yes, I like to think and build something else, most of my MOCs don't have wheels or suspension, I like flying things and things to go on water :wink:

Now this is a rather unusal C-Model. Congrats for being able to think around corners.

Have you tried to make the propeller spin by powering it from a wheel on the ground as the MOC is pushed over the floor? Like on the fire plane.

Thanks! Yes, i thought about it but there is no usable wheels in this set, those wheels and rims are obviously too big to hide in the airboat :sweet:

Excellent build, not sure how authentic - is it based on a real airboat? Also, how many parts left over?

Thanks, yeah you're quite a right this is just loosely based on real airboats, not a exact copy of any, but the main things are the same, just my own freedom of creation :wink: There was quite a bit left over parts, of course nearly all suspension parts and somewhat other parts too...

TZELMXF.jpg

PS. There is a lots of peoples' own creation airboats so there is quite a range to different types or shapes of them... Here is a one example:

tS506E0.jpg

so the structure is quite a simple :sweet:

Edited by MacKaiwer

Nicely done.

Actually was looking at MOC's of this set and was thinking of making an Airboat would be perfect with the pieces in the set just this weekend.

Interesting job!

That looks really interesting :)

Thanks guys, nice that you've found it interesting :classic:

Nicely done.

Actually was looking at MOC's of this set and was thinking of making an Airboat would be perfect with the pieces in the set just this weekend.

Thanks :classic: Yes this is a quite a good set to make so many different MOCs, I've already made four different thingys out of it and also modded A and B models quite a bit. Potential is impressive with this set :thumbup:

Solid job on the MOC

I think every airboat needs a driver and because I have so many left over parts, I made a one :wink: Meet Tech-Ted :grin:

BhqDo8W.jpg

YfH7vov.jpg

3Hvbq26.jpg

He is maybe a just little too big for scale but he is hansom big boy, don't you think? :laugh:

Edit: He is maybe just born but he loves all kind of boats already :wink:

SNqIDA9.jpg

pImiZla.jpg

:laugh:

Edited by MacKaiwer

Hahaha Ted looks terrified! More on topic: this is a set that just keeps on giving C models. Your boat is a very solid addition to the collection. Good job!

Hahaha Ted looks terrified! More on topic: this is a set that just keeps on giving C models. Your boat is a very solid addition to the collection. Good job!

Thank you very much :classic: Yes, Ted is a little bit scared of high speeds on the water :grin: