goldengraham09

good colour for the Town hall?

Im Rebuilding the town hall at the moment,

but im not liking the pricing of the Dark Orange pieces on the town hall at all.

has anyone had any luck making it look nice in a different colour?

im thinking possilby tan but just not sure.

i have mainly all the pieces apart from the Dark Orange pieces.

I've seen a dark green version but i don't think it looks very good and that color isn't cheap either. Dark tan might be ok, not sure about dark red, probably not.

Do Dark orange.

Okay that sounds sarcastic, but use dark orange on the front facade only and use something cheaper (but neutral, like light grey) for the back and sides.

Edit: BlockLogo beat me to it.

Edited by pinioncorp

I held off buying the Town Hall and was surprised by it's early retirement. I decided to bricklink it. I too was put off by the expense of Dark Orange. Since I never liked the color Dark Orange it seemed silly buy a lot of it. I considered just doing the front in Drk Orange, but then I remembered the older Town Hall that was Dark Green. I had been collecting Dark Green for awhile so it turned out I had plenty just go ahead and build it. There are a few parts that aren't available but the substitutions are easy. I took a quick pic of it for you, the color is hard to capture with my phone camera and the light in my house, I think it looks better in person than in pictures.

25350798736_1f0c6c08d8_c.jpg

Edited by tkatt

I like the dark green. That would've been my suggestion also.

However, if I were to do it cheaply - and in a way that would still show off its architecture without appearing odd - I'd try it in all white. Whether or not, using white, you'd choose to change the window color or some of the other trim color, is up to you; but I think white would be an interesting option.

Look up some images of white modular MOC's, I know there are some classy one's out there. FInd those you really like, and then try to replicate the color palette...

And if you want to be bold, I'd also take the window design and carry it around to the sides, making it a stand-alone building. I've done that with a few mods, and this would be a great candidate.

Edited by notaromantic

"What he said", andyscouse.....I put (2) Town Hall kits together for a stand alone building. It's the center of my small town, "Palm City", which I will proudly display at Brickworld Indy in a couple of weeks.

thanks for all the suggestions guys, most seem really good.

im liking the fact of making it a stand alone build tbh :) so might purchase some more of the windows and some other parts.

that dark green looks really nice as well and puts your own feel to it.

ill have a look around at prices anyway

thanks alot guys :)

I would take the route others have already suggested. Dark orange on the facade, and grey or other cheap color for the sides. I would not do it as stand alone, it's too boxy in my opinion, that building screams for shorter buildings to the sides. It's clearly a building that should be the flagship in the middle of a good big square, like the fantastic ones fellow members LegoSjaak or Serpico have built.

...I would not do it as stand alone, it's too boxy in my opinion, that building screams for shorter buildings to the sides...

Here was mine with smaller sides.

The only issue with having smaller buildings on the sides is that you would need to have the sides in dark orange (or dark green in your case goldengraham09).