nivremis

[SR-FB2] The Red Dragon

He was often described as having no emotions, but Shen always felt rather sad when he took leave of his grandpa. Grandpa Shen had brought him up, supported his decision to join the emperor's navy, and when Shen had gone rouge he still knew that grandpa would always be there for him.

Back on board the Red Dragon, Shen gave orders to set sail back down the river and out to sea to rejoin his main ship. The Red Dragon was great when time was of the essence, and its ability to navigate both open sea and inland rivers gave it a unique position in the "movement of sensitive objects" when required, but nothing beat the luxury of his flagship.

24740451303_57eae4a27b_c.jpg

My first real ship moc in years. C&C more than welcome of course. Intention is a small fast craft (Class 1 I'm guessing), lightly armed with only 2 guns, and easily manned by 3 or 4 crew members.

Edited by nivremis

Great use of Smaug's wings, I think they look perfect. The printed/stickered piece on the bow works also finely.

I'd probably rise the dragon's head a few bricks to make the profile of the ship more imposing.

Great little ship, spookily similar to one I have built and will be posting soon; I was thinking of an oriental theme as well! Clever use of the wings and the figurehead is genius. I think legitimate shipping will soon fear the name of Shen!

Cool little vessel, Nivremis. Those wings work surprisingly well for wings, although it is a somewhat unorthodox vessel! pirate_blush.gif

I like the inclusion of "non-european" vessels and characters, and I am really looking forward to seeing the flagship! pir_laugh2.gif

The brickbuilt hull looks nice, and that dragon's head looks very imposing - I half expect its mouth to open and fire to spew out! (Greek fire, perhaps?)

I think 1F would be a suitable license for a vessel this size. Well done!

Very attractive ship! Great use of the Smaug wings as sails. Nice class 1 ship. Well done!

As others have said, I really like the dragon wings used as sails and the head works really well at the front. Nice one.

Thank you all for the kind words, I struggled a little with sail ideas before landing on smaug wings - glad to see it works for everyone else too.

Wow, sure looks terrifying, I hope no Oleander Captain will have to face her in the MCRA.

An extraordinary design, these wings work very well. Some say she spits fire pirate_oh3.gif

Agreed on the classification.

Keep it up!

It looks like the ship of Elves :D

But way more cooler :p

I indexed it as class 1 F. As what did you licenced it?

I indexed it as class 1 F. As what did you licenced it?

Yep, have it licensed as a 1F. Thank you for adding it to the index kind sir.

Now there's a unique vessel. The wings for sails work surprisingly well and the colorful decorated hull looks appropriate for that type. Interesting and nicely done. :classic:

Very creative idea with those sails! :thumbup: The rest of the ship really adds to the dragon-like feel as well!

I was very sorry to read that this ship went down in the hurricane! Hopefully her sister ship will look quite similar, although you should at least make some minor cosmetic change to differentiate them. pirate_wink.gif