Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[SR-FB2 Feb] Even A Pirate Has a Sweet Tooth

One of Freddy's neighbors worked as a foreman over a sugarcane plantation just outside the city limits of Rassilon.

25357005135_09b1857c00_c.jpg

Sugarcane was extremely popular on the island. It just goes to show you that even pirates can have a sweet tooth.

25061388740_58b6276a02_c.jpg

I love that this is not square; apart from ships, its the first non-square build I've seen posted here. Convincing sugar canes, and great scythe too!

Nicely done. Good use of the various colors to create the ground, and the sugar canes are nice as well. The random round plates are a good addition, as they help add some variety to the ground.

I'm not too familiar with sugar canes, but in pictures it appears that the bottom is more brown while the top remains green. Perhaps using a 1x1 brown or tan cylinder could help represent this?

Awwwwhhh, this build is so... sweet.

Lovely, and the 'Captain Sweet Tooth' seems totally happy with raiding the crops. pirate_satisfied.gif

Great job!

Edited by Kolonialbeamter

Very nice sugar plantation MKJ, and excellent job with the irregular base! pirate_wink.gif Great fig too! :thumbup:pir_laugh2.gif

This is another good version of sugar cane. I like the irregular base and varying colors and textures, and the scythe/sickle is pretty good.

I'm not too familiar with sugar canes, but in pictures it appears that the bottom is more brown while the top remains green. Perhaps using a 1x1 brown or tan cylinder could help represent this?

My observation as a farmer is that most plants are mostly green until they flower/pollinate and then turn tan/brown from the bottom up as they mature. Sugar cane does this, so we could assume these are young plants. But then the scythe wouldn't be necessary...

Overall this is pretty good but also pretty small. Does it cover enough area for the small license?