Sign in to follow this  
The Sarge

Breshaun Powder Mill [OL-FB2]

25263620171_a63bd0bf25.jpg

We have built a powder mill with an undershirt wheel to produce gunpowder here. Making it here will save a goodly amount on shipment costs, and hopefully will allow us to more easily protect the colonies that we have been blessed with.

Honoré Sarrazin

I wanted to try out Gideon's wall technique. I think I did ok, although I'm not altogether happy with it.

I for once, find it pretty good. The only thing i would change is the wheel (maybe bigger) and the spots where the wall cracks are (e.g. i would have placed them somewhere more "centrally" on the wall). But this is purely personal. Your implementation of this technique is really good though and another fine example of how nice it looks!! Now start churning out gunpowder!!! pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif

Thanks! I agree on the wheel, I think next time I make a mill I will go for a larger overshot wheel. I'll keep in mind the position of the cracks as well.

Nice build overall, great job on incorporating that wall technique. I especially love the door, looks absolutely smooth.

Yes, this is excellent! Both in idea and execution!

Love it pirate_blush.gif

And thanks for choosing Breshaun for your investment, His Majesty is very pleased with his loyal subject.

Nice building, with a very nice roof. I like the idea of a water mill, but I don't like the idea of Oleonders having better access to gunpowder :-(

Nice building, with a very nice roof. I like the idea of a water mill, but I don't like the idea of Oleonders having better access to gunpowder :-(

Uh... this is Oleon we're talking about here. That pretty much guarantees they'll accidentally blow the place to smithereens. I'm selling tickets to watch it happen; BYOB (or rum or wine or whatever). :pir-laugh::pir-grin::laugh::grin:

Okay, enough nonsense. A powder mill is an excellent idea and I like the overall look of the building. White is a beautiful exterior color and the details of the wall are nice. And of course I like the roof technique.

Waterwheels intrigue me. I don't think I've seen that design before, and I can't quite tell how you did it. Any chance of a close-up pic?

It does seem small though, especially considering the size of the building and the fact that it's an undercurrent design. I have a couple waiting to be featured that are a completely different design concept, and it's interesting to see all the different ways of building them.

Good work and keep it up. :classic:

Thank you everyone!

Waterwheels intrigue me. I don't think I've seen that design before, and I can't quite tell how you did it. Any chance of a close-up pic?

It does seem small though, especially considering the size of the building and the fact that it's an undercurrent design. I have a couple waiting to be featured that are a completely different design concept, and it's interesting to see all the different ways of building them.

Of course! I'll get a picture as soon as I have decent sunlight again (the Pacific Northwest is terrible for that).

And this is the mill not the drying house. We keep the powder wet to prevent explosions!

Ww also sacrifice the occasional Corrie to Poseidon. :grin:

Very nice little build, I agree that a slightly bigger wheel would go better with the size of the rest of the building, but the inset bricks look really nice though not quite perfect maybe, but thumbup to you for giving it a go! If you could have used blue instead of tan beneath the water, I think that might have looked a touch better, but still, a very nice build! :thumbup:

I think that technique works really well, also in your execution.

I like this little building, and while the wheel could be bigger it works as it is. I am not really sure what kind of forces you need in the production of gunpowder, though. pirate_blush.gif

Good idea, and ditto execution. An interior would be cool, of course. Well done!

Nice to see more builders picking up the half-stud wall technique!

Are we establishing an Oleander building style here? :classic:

Edited by Gideon

I really like it! That style of architecture fits great into the age of sail. Cheers especially for the roof, good job. I also lile the muskets above tge door, so nobody will accidentally take this for a regular mill :))