Mike S

[COR - February FB3] New Beginnings

This is my third freebuild for February so please give me thumbs up! Thanks!

The log of Captain Aiden Coyle. 28th February 616:

It has been some time since I have written in my log. The last time I wrote, we were camped out on the beach of a new island we had discovered hoping the natives would initiate communication. The next morning, a native appeared but he looked different than the ones we had encountered inland.

“Holla!” he greeted. I warmly greeted him in return.

“Da nice people speak me speak you.” I marveled that he knew our language however course and unrefined it was. “Dey ask wy you here?” he finished.

“It is quite by accident that we are here,” I replied. “We were sailing for another island when we spotted this island and decided to come ashore to see what was here. You say nice people told you to speak to us, I am assuming they must be the ones we met yesterday inland? You are not one of them?”

“I Ténotclaxcan from big island on other side,” the native pointed towards the south. “Dis sacred island of the Nayamon. Dey come from the east and help our tribe long long ago. We give dem dis island.”

“How is it that you know our language?” I asked.

“Peoples like you come our island. Eslanolan and Cowington. Dey build villages and trade my tribe. Me learn fast.”

“Your island is just on the other side of this island?” I asked.

“Yes,” the native replied.

“And the villages of the Eslandolan and Corrington, are they named Elysabethtown and Port Raleigh?” I asked further.

“Yes,” the native replied again.

So it turned out the island we had discovered was not such a great discovery after all. I wondered why Lord Erie Flynn had never mentioned the island but perhaps it was because he had never sailed around the northern tip of Annetta.

With disappointment, I told my crew to pack and make preparations to set sail for Port Raleigh.

When the native, whose name I later found out to be Tutut, heard me tell the crew we were setting sail for Port Raleigh, he asked if I could bring him and his canoe along. I of course unhesitatingly agreed.

Once we arrived in Port Raleigh, I heard rumors that my friend Sir Thomas Smaugton had sailed for a newly discovered island further to the east to found a new colony there. I determined to follow him as soon as our ship was resupplied and after an uneventful voyage we arrived to see good progress being made on the settlement of Quinnsville.

I surveyed the nearby area and soon claimed a plot of land on the coast that had was on high ground and had a stream running through it as well as good soil. After several long days of hard work, my crew and I had built a small log cabin to call home.

END OF ENTRY

24987371369_63b624583f_c.jpg

25236753332_df8bd8fe3c_c.jpg

25236753792_85722832f7_c.jpg

Welcome to Quinnsville Captain Coyle.

I love the way you orentated those brown cones for the walls, something I definitly got to try myself.

Amazing roof ! Great house !

I am happy to see you are helping our mutual friends the Ténotclaxcans.

I approve.

Great log cabin. I love how you have the corners alternating the direction the logs come from. The string on the roof makes for an interesting effect.

I approve!

I like this log cabin. I can easily see it as a real cabin sitting on the frontier. I definitely like the methods used to make the walls and the presumably thatch roof.

Brilliant roof, and one of the nicest little cabins overall that I've ever seen.

:thumbup:

Edited by Elostirion

I approve.

Great use of SNOT to build a beautiful little cabin. Great roof too. The perfect crude but serviceable frontier dwelling...until they build something grander, which I'm sure we shall see in good time!

Edited by Garmadon
Nope, your a Corry!

That is a great looking log cabin, Mike. It looks fitting for the frontiers, and the way you have built it all sideways works very well, including the windows.

It makes me hope that you will also build in my settlement, if I make good of my threat to establish one myself!

I approve!

Welcome to Quinnsville Captain Coyle.

I love the way you orentated those brown cones for the walls, something I definitly got to try myself.

Thanks! Took me a while to figure out a technique I liked. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Now to make a bigger cabin or barn in this style....

Splendid!!! It feels so alive and totally like real life ones!

Thanks! That is the atmosphere I was trying for so happy you think so! Do I get an approval?pir_laugh2.gif

That is a nice little house! The rope on the roof looks really good

Thanks! I was debating removing the LEGO string but I thought it added just a little extra detail.

Amazing roof ! Great house !

I am happy to see you are helping our mutual friends the Ténotclaxcans.

I approve.

Thanks! Also thanks for the approval! The Ténotclaxcans just may prove to be useful translators with other tribes of these islands and they seem to be friendly.

Great log cabin. I love how you have the corners alternating the direction the logs come from. The string on the roof makes for an interesting effect.

I approve!

Thanks for the comment and the approval! That is the only way to make a real log cabin in my opinion...pirate_laugh_new.gif

I like this log cabin. I can easily see it as a real cabin sitting on the frontier. I definitely like the methods used to make the walls and the presumably thatch roof.

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Brilliant roof, and one of the nicest little cabins overall that I've ever seen.

:thumbup:

Thanks for the comments and the approval!

The roof is cool, but these walls :wub: sure I approve :thumbup:

Thanks for the comment and approval! I also thought the wall technique was the star of the build!

Great use of SNOT to build a beautiful little cabin. Great roof too. The perfect crude but serviceable frontier dwelling...until they build something grander, which I'm sure we shall see in good time!

Thanks! I'm not sure Aiden will be spending much time there with his duties in Arlinsport so this is sort of his vacation house. Probably be some time before he builds anything fancy here as he still needs a proper residence in Arlinsport.

Very nice, especially the intertwined logs in the wall. :thumbup:

Thanks for both the comment and approval!

That is a great looking log cabin, Mike. It looks fitting for the frontiers, and the way you have built it all sideways works very well, including the windows.

It makes me hope that you will also build in my settlement, if I make good of my threat to establish one myself!

Thanks! I was thinking about building an outpost raised on poles above the marsh on the other island. So if you plan to build a settlement on a marsh up on island two, I'm in for sure.

Edited by Mike S

A wonderful looking log cabin. I tried one recently myself and can appreciate how hard it is to get the walls stable (well i found it hard anyway pirate_laugh_new.gif ). I'd most definitely approve if I could!

This is an extremely accurate looking log cabin, it sure has this pioneer feel. Proper housing on a newly settled island. Also really like your stories. pirate_blush.gif

Although a 'Red' city, may Quinnsville flourish!

Definitely approved thumbup.gif

A wonderful looking log cabin. I tried one recently myself and can appreciate how hard it is to get the walls stable (well i found it hard anyway pirate_laugh_new.gif ). I'd most definitelyapprove if I could!

Thanks! The only thing holding the walls together is the base. I basically built slots for the house to be set down into. The walls are 8 unconnected panels held together with the interlocking "logs" and the pressure the base puts on the lower part of the panels.

This is an extremely accurate looking log cabin, it sure has this pioneer feel. Proper housing on a newly settled island. Also really like your stories. pirate_blush.gif

Although a 'Red' city, may Quinnsville flourish!

Definitely approved thumbup.gif

Thanks! Glad you like the story as I'm making an effort to connect all my builds in a larger interconnecting story of the Coyle family and their interactions with the other characters of BoBS.

I've actually been trying to build a log cabin for my Western layout for quite a while now and haven't come up with anything good looking so far. So it's really great to see this, a perfect job on the task of building what I've been trying for so long! I definetely approve!

This just might be the best Lego log cabin I've ever seen. :pir-wub: The overall look is just about perfect and it would fit a wide variety of historic environments. Thanks for the technical explanation - I sure couldn't figure it out when you first posted it. It's a lovely addition to the growing Corrington empire. Excellent work.

I'm sure glad that, despite being a fellow Corry, I'm authorized to say:

Approved! :thumbup:

This is log cabin is beautiful. Awesome construction technique :-) it's just looks so perfect.

:pir-wub: Beautiful log cabin, Mike, both the walls and the roof are superb (that string really gives the roof some extra flair!), and great use of those new smaller brown windows! pirate_satisfied.gif The landscaping outside and door are excellent too, and I really like the photography and the scroll-type edit! pirate_wink.gif Certainly approved!

Really pretty little cabin, Mike S, especially the way you did that roof but the texture on the walls is great as well. :thumbup: