Hello all,

This MOC has been in the building works for quite a long time but I am pleased with the result. First things first, this model was inspired by vmln8r's The Carver, one of only three other Lego tilting trikes I could find on YouTube. However, my model is bigger than his and faster, it has a bigger wheel diameter but same motor and theoretical RPM. The model itself is propelled by a L motor geared 1:1 and tilting is done by one PF servo motor geared 11.669:1 turning a turntable connected to the rear axle. The steering is done with the same motor which pushes and pulls a set of rods which aren't quite as long as each other which means that the front wheel is straight even though the servo is slightly offset. Enough talking, here are some pictures taken on a Coolphix L18:

dscn1427unedit.jpg

dscn1432unedit.jpg

dscn1434unedit.jpg

dscn1439unedit.jpg

The pictures taken on my GoPro Hero 1

gopr0410.jpg

gopr0460.jpg

gopr0471.jpg

gopr0472.jpg

And finally, the video:

Thanks for reading and please leave any feedback in the comments below, Jim.

Very iteresting mechanism you used.

Will you make a body or leave all the mechanics visible?

Very iteresting mechanism you used.

Will you make a body or leave all the mechanics visible?

I'm awful at aesthetics but might give it a go.

Cool mechanism!

Thanks! It isn't the best mechanism because the gearing isn't quite right so it turns a bit to far and knocks the motor which means that it skips a few gear teeth, but apart from that I like it as well!

I use a se

That is original! How do you tilt it just enough to turn, but not flip over?

Thanks! I use a servo motor to tilt a turntable that is connected to the rear axle. It was just first time luck that made sure it didn't turn too much and flip over

Hello all,

For all that are interested I have made a 3D model of the tilting trike in LDD and the file should be attached to this post. There are a few things wrong with it such as the lack of both motors and one 20 tooth tan double bevel gear is missing but apart from that it is all ok.

Enjoy, Jim

Technic Trike.lxf

Edited by Technic Jim