Not sure if it's just me, but I don't see a 2015 or snow vehicles category yet.

You probably have the page cached. Click "reload".

Another error, the #6 male angle connector was release in 2012, not 2015, and is already included in the 2012 parts lineup. You're brilliant, Blakbird, but even the most brilliant need some help sometime, right?

Nice update, Blackbird.

Error report: the angled panel (24116) was introduced this year and not in 2015 as mentioned, if i'm not mistaken.

Another error, the #6 male angle connector was release in 2012, not 2015, and is already included in the 2012 parts lineup. You're brilliant, Blakbird, but even the most brilliant need some help sometime, right?

Sigh, you are both correct. I blame the fact that I am hurrying to get new content out to the masses! That male angle connector was new in black in 2015 which is why it showed up on some of the lists when I was looking for new parts.

Fixed.

Blakbird, will you be updating all the sets that are covered in the Technicopedia in the way as they are done up to 1999 ? I know that is a lot of work from your end and we really appreciate your work !

Regards

That's the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong term plan :grin: It'll be worth the wait though.

That's the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong term plan :grin: It'll be worth the wait though.

you are 100% correct !! I think Lego should be supporting Erik as he is doing their history in best possible way !

That's the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong term plan

Thanks for the emphasis.

you are 100% correct !! I think Lego should be supporting Erik as he is doing their history in best possible way !

I agree! Feel free to write a letter to them on the subject. I think a trip to Billund to interview the designers, a tour of the vault, and an automatic free copy of each new set would be good. :grin:

Nice to see the 2015 line. I see a small error in the Race Car section, specifically in the 42039 chart. The rear hood and gull wings doors don't open via miniLA. Both systems use worm gears and liftarms/links

You probably have the page cached. Click "reload".

Thanks, problem solved. I knew it wasn't your fault :grin: By the way, is the SR 71 in your picture a metal earth model?

I agree! Feel free to write a letter to them on the subject. I think a trip to Billund to interview the designers, a tour of the vault, and an automatic free copy of each new set would be good. :grin:

For the work you've done, I'd honestly support that if I had any pull at all with Lego, which sadly I don't.

19 of 25 models are done for the year 2000. I'm making progress! And I finally got a copy of 8307, the only Technic set which I didn't own so now there will be no gaps in the record.

19 of 25 models are done for the year 2000. I'm making progress! And I finally got a copy of 8307, the only Technic set which I didn't own so now there will be no gaps in the record.

There was a Technic set you didn't own? Bad Blakbird! Bad! :laugh:

There was a Technic set you didn't own? Bad Blakbird! Bad!

See the discussion a few pages back. It's only kind of a Technic set.

Very cool - I hadn't seen you had the rest of the 90s written up!

That was around the time Lego lost me ~ where I live the only technic I saw in store around then was Bionicles so I just gave up on the whole thing as we didn't have the internet where I could find out what was going on, been looking forward to find out what they were actually doing with Technic around then.

Very cool - I hadn't seen you had the rest of the 90s written up!

That was around the time Lego lost me ~ where I live the only technic I saw in store around then was Bionicles so I just gave up on the whole thing as we didn't have the internet where I could find out what was going on, been looking forward to find out what they were actually doing with Technic around then.

There wasn't much that was better than bionicles around that time, it was the company's dark age.

There wasn't much that was better than bionicles around that time, it was the company's dark age.

That is true in terms of profitability but not necessarily in terms of model quality. I am writing about the Silver Champion and Power Puller right now and both are great models. The models from 2004, on the other hand .......

Silver Champ and Power Puller would have been conceived, and designed at least 1-2 years prior to release....

and how long did it take before studless sets really took their stride.. at least 2005-2006.. (apart from 8455 :)

Very pleased to see you're still working on the site :)

Got a couple more corrections for you. First is on the page for year 2006. You say: "The Tow Truck [...] [had] 10 tires, the most of any single Technic vehicle ever." ...which has gone up to 12 as of last year (can't blame you for missing this since you just recently added last year's page).

The other is on the page for year 1999 where you say: "Finally, an extension was introduced for the driving ring transmission system. This is discussed further with 8448." ...but you don't actually discuss that part on the page for 8448. I believe if I'm not mistaken that part allows for reverse gear (I got that set in high school - and loved it - but it's been pretty long since I had it built).

Edit: On the new page for 8458, you say: "It was the first model with more than 1400 parts" ...but 8448, released the previous year, also had just over 1400 parts - 1408, to be exact. I have the box to prove it :)

Edited by searrius

Update:

Update to Technicopedia. Includes 2000 with sets 8000, 8001, 8002, 8003, 8004, 8005, 8006, 8236, 8237, 8238, 8279, 8305, 8307, 8457, 8458, 8509, 8510, 8511, 8512, 8513, 8514, 8516, 8521, 8522, and 8523. Updates Slizer, Roborider, and Star Wars categories with improved pictures and descriptions. Error fixes.

800x252.jpg

This update was a big one for me because it means I am finally over the hump. This is true not only because I entered the new millennium, but because I finished 1999 and 2000 which have 25 models each. From here on, there are far fewer models to write about and, theoretically, things will progress more quickly.

Two updates so soon? This makes me very happy! Time to grab a coffee and enjoy a good read!

I still don't fully understand how that bed with weight from power puller works. In the animation all bands are loose.

If I recall, it works when you suddenly brake, as if the momentum of the whole assembly gets transferred o the battery box only. I need to rebuild mine and re-visit the dynamics (Newton's 2nd law).

Edited by DrJB

I still don't fully understand how that bed with weight from power puller works. In the animation all bands are loose.

If I recall, it works when you suddenly brake, as if the momentum of the whole assembly gets transferred o the battery box only. I need to rebuild mine and re-visit the dynamics (Newton's 2nd law).

There are no dynamics involved; the system is statically determinate. The bungee cords form a closed loop. As the cable drum connected to the wheels pulls the weight forward, the bungee cord at the back gets tighter and tighter making it more difficult to turn the wheels.

The cords in the animation are loose because it is impossible to make a stop motion animation with them tight. The weight would move.

In which year was the 8450 ('The mission') released? I suspect it must have been 1999, but I do not see it there (or in the years around it)

BTW: I hope that this doesn't pull you back before the hump :tongue:

i like how the power-puller is such a unique set.

It has the PP-tires of course, 20(!) pistons and it contained a VHS-tape.

I wonder if 42056 will also be a unique set like this over 15 years or so.

(and 100th post :purrr: yeej)

Edited by roppie11