Sign in to follow this  
Gulagurag

[SR- FB2] POSEIDON’S WRATH (CLASS 2 ARMED/CARGO 10%) (Special guest

Amara’s hands clenched tightly to her spear and shield as she waited for the Donatus to come to bear on its prey. They had seen the sails a couple of hours ago and steadily closed until now, only seconds before the climactic end to the chase. She would be ready. When the time was right, she would prove her worth.

cannon%20battle_zpsmuebzmn0.jpg

Suddenly, cannon fire echoed across the horizon. The Donatus brought its starboard side about and fired its first barrage. The sound was like the anger of the gods and Amara was surprised by its intensity as wood splintered on the port side of the other ship. She had never seen such weapons used before. The white vessel they had pursued brought a canon about and tried to return fire but there was little time. The space between the two ships closed quickly. Proving time had arrived.

boarded_zpsiegqswme.png

The amazon leapt the gap between the two ships with the grace of a gazelle and landed perfectly to face off against the canoneer and pilot of the beleaguered boat. The pilot with the black hat raised one of the strange cylindrical devices that Captain Meloche favoured and pointed it at Amara. She pulled up her shield for cover. The shot failed and only a puff of smoke and the sound of fizzling embers emitted from the barrel.

taken_zpsar3iznij.png

Taking immediate stock of the resistance, Amara watched as the Canoneer leapt overboard in fear of the giant warrior women, forcing him to try his luck with the sea rather than her spear. The Pilot was not as wise. He pulled his sabre up above his head for a downward attack but it was clumsy and primitive to seasoned warrior. She almost laughed at the attempt as her feet pushed back in unison with her thrust. Catching the man off guard and driving the point deep into his belly quickly showed him his mistake in not following his comrade, a lesson that would prove fatal. His sabre fell harmlessly away as the blow drove him clear over the rail and into the merciless oblivion of the sea.

The fight on the bow had faired equally well. The ship had been taken with only minor damage. It was a good prize. Poseidon had blessed them with a good ship. Amara knew the way to honour him for the gift.

Stock was taken of the cargo and the damage and ship was set for sail along the Donatus. The newly named “Poseidon’s Wrath” would sail under Amara’s guidance. As a trophy of her victory,the fallen captain’s sidearm had been kept for use in future escapades.

ship_zpsyhlt0io2.png

I'm Captain Meloche, and I approve this message.

Except for cap lock title; RL ridicule incoming. :p

Edited by Kwatchi

Nice ship!

I can't agree with the Class 2A wish however as your ship is to small and to bad equiped for that (only 1 gun, while a class 2 A should have around 8 guns).

As you want a strong ship and some cargo, I indexed it as a Class 1 WR vessel. Hope that's ok for you?

I like where this story is going, glad to see Amara got her own ship! Its a cute little build, I like the way you've built the cannon at the back, but I think the pirate flag is flying in the wrong direction? (I googled it, it really depends on whether you are sailing in the same direction as the wind, so as you like it).

Maxim I

It is licenced as a class 2WR. If you can upgrade it in your list it would be appreciated. I couldn't reset the topic title so that armed should not exist but is unchangeable now.

I think you are right about the flag direction BrickOn. Whoops.

Still kind new at this.

Edited by Gulagurag

Maxim I

It is licenced as a class 2WR. If you can upgrade it in your list it would be appreciated. I couldn't reset the topic title so that armed should not exist but is unchangeable now.

I think you are right about the flag direction BrickOn. Whoops.

Still kind new at this.

Hi Gulagurag,

I am not going to change the class as it is a class 1 WR in the shipindex.

When I got acces to my pc Thursday, I'll edit your ship in the faction index to class 2 WR.

But for you, that doesn't change that much as the ship list is merely used as inspiration. It is up to the gamemoderators to evaluate if your ship meets the requirements for the licence. But in this case, it won't be a problem I think :)

Great story, well illustrated by the pictures, that made me smile. And although i don't normally like the mixing of flesh faces and yellow faces in builds, your Amazon is a great character. Wouldn't this build have quailified for Challenge 2B?

Interesting story and good job illustrating it. The vessel in question is pretty small and the sail plan isn't entirely realistic but it's a good start. Keep it up.