eanair

25%(ish) MOC - Corner Deli with a 4th corner

So I love how the Corner Deli looks from the front...

24914198259_a2c45737d5.jpg

But to fit in with my layout it needed to be a fully enclosed building - and so a 4th corner was necessary!

25188812951_1249472f6c.jpg

I also included some interior details. Deli Guy now has a very sad studio apartment above the deli (along with a very dodgy glass walled bathroom area :look: ) but hey he should be happy as residential property is hard to come by in this Lego town!

24655082733_a417d131b1.jpg

No deli can be complete without some food for sale - and coffee of course - take away or eat in!

24986255350_37a0974378.jpg

24655100073_aebd47e129.jpg

Poor Clumsy Guy is still getting the hang of eating on the go and using his crutches at the same time - oh well at least kitty is happy with the meat that's falling out of his sandwich!

24655182433_b4dbd5329a.jpg

So there you have it. No new or exciting techniques but it was fun adding the details to the interior :wink:

Fantastic mod. I've had this set, intact, for several weeks now pondering the appropriate mods to full enclose it - your approach is brilliant in keeping with the "open-able" design, and great inspiration!

Looking good. I really like this set (I've yet to dismantle mine either). The improvements are looking good, liking the updated cafe interior.

I've considered getting the set to make into a modular, but I just don't like medium blue and dark orange together. I like the colors separately though...I just can't pull the trigger, but maybe I will change my mind in the near future if it ever goes on sale.

Neat interior additions. Definitely a cramped shop, so I'd prefer to take mine to go!

Nice work.

I got three of this sets sitting MISB here. I'll propably build one as per the instructions, but just for fun. All three will be parted out to source parts for my next modular. It won't have anything in common with this set, though, except for the predominant dark orange.

Very nice! The interior additions are great. I have a WIP that I'll show you when it's ready some day. Fully enclosed, modular Corner Deli.

A list of parts used or maybe an LDD would have been so good..

I didn't use LDD - for the interior I just worked with what bricks I had (hence why there's quite a few pieces from #4439 Police Helicopter in there :wink: )

For the outer wall I just bricklinked the med blue, masonry & dark orange that I needed.

I really like what you've done inside the place. I'm about... 75% done "modularizing" my deli (my first attempt at a LEGO project of this kind) and I may borrow some inspiration from you!

Cheers! Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Edited by eanair

This is great, I've just managed to get the set myself and you've just given me ideas of what I want to do when it arrives. Thinking of adding a second floor.

I'll be getting a few copies of this set, to make the 4th corner, :thumbup:

and maybe to franchise the whole Deli in a few parts of my city.... :classic:

Cheers! Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

I'm done it (as much as one can ever really be "done") and now the challenge is decent photography!