Sign in to follow this  
carnage717

Custom Darth Vader Sith Interceptor made from 75135

Here is a custom I did using the 75135 set. Back in the day, Hasbro made a Sith Interceptor using the Jedi Interceptor mold. For whatever reason I always like it so I i tried to recreate it using the 75135 Set. I swapped out all the Dark Red Parts for Black and added some parts on the top, underside and front to give it a more sleek, aggressive look, sort of like a precursor to the Tie Fighter. My next step is to replace some of the Light Blueish Gray parts with Dark Blueish Gray and create a custom Astromech to go with it along with a custom Darth Vader.

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

Has anyone over the years produced any LEGO-compatible custom stickers ala Hasbro's Sith Interceptor for this MOC? I really want to put one together and use the trans-black hex flags from the T-17 Skyhopper but with large Imperial insignias splashed all over it.

I think it is odd to make up this MOC and stick with Republic and Republic Defense Space Force insignias???

I think it is odd to make up this MOC and stick with Republic and Republic Defense Space Force insignias???

That canopy hasn't been made without the Open Circle Fleet insignia, IIRC.

The canopy is tough but most MOCers still use stickered or printed tiles for the wings from the Jedi Interceptors. And the huge Imperial insignias for the exterior sides of the s-foils of Vader's Interceptor would be outstanding

It has, at least once, albeit with other printing that may still make it unsuitable, for the Flying Wing in the Indiana Jones line.

It has, at least once, albeit with other printing that may still make it unsuitable, for the Flying Wing in the Indiana Jones line.

Ah right, I always forget about that series. At least we got something good out of Crystal Skull. If that Flying Wing hadn't come out during my dark ages I might have bought one, I love the look of it. But yeah, for an Eta2, the canopy is pretty useless, though I could see it being great for other space ship designs.

The canopy is tough but most MOCers still use stickered or printed tiles for the wings from the Jedi Interceptors. And the huge Imperial insignias for the exterior sides of the s-foils of Vader's Interceptor would be outstanding

Looking at the source material I can see what you mean. It'd be great if TLG gave us Vader's interceptor, similar to how we got the Imperial variant of the V-wing. They are, after all, both products of Kuat Systems Engineering.

I actually picked up some water slide decal paper today so I will be fixing the insignia on the canopy and while I'm at it I'm going to make some imperial insignia's as well for the s-foils, I just need to track down a another set of gray flag pieces.

I actually picked up some water slide decal paper today so I will be fixing the insignia on the canopy and while I'm at it I'm going to make some imperial insignia's as well for the s-foils, I just need to track down a another set of gray flag pieces.

Consider the trans-black instead of LBG. The stickers will cover most of them but the darker edges might work well???

Edited by momoe

Consider the trans-black instead of LBG. The stickers will cover most of them but the darker edges might work well???

I ordered a set of 4 trans black too.