Ahoy once more, laddies!

True to my credo 'A ship a day keeps the Corry away' I am honored to present to you the pride of the Oleander trading fleet, the Class 5F schooner 'La Recouvrance'.

Also, this is my fifth FB this month (my fingers are bleeding), so should you like her, I'd appreciate your approval thumbup.gif

24985118830_05e2e53593_c.jpg

This latest ship in Oleon's Merchant Navy was build in the 'Royal Shipyards' head facilities in Quilbignon, planned and supervised by Master Engineer Maurice chevalier de Col. To be even more precise, she was laid down and build in record speed in the larger of the two 'Pontaniou' basins on Quilbignon's western banks, and named after the quarter itself. Her proud name is the ultimate expression of the confidence Recouvrance's shipwrights put into their own abilities of crafting masterful vessels.

May she live up to this promise and may she serve King and Nation to her full potential!

25280712065_b7a27db160_c.jpg

With a hull length of 94 studs 'La Recouvrance' is not only Oleon's largest trading vessel, but her sleek hull, low center of gravity, and three gaff rigged masts also make her the fastest of all ships in the Sea of Storms. These attributes in combination with a crew composed of only the most dedicated and experienced sailors will hopefully favor the voyages that lie ahead. May there be many to come!

25254465696_af16d13427_c.jpg

Here's a comparison shot, you can see her putting the puny IFS to shame

24653936863_3cc51d5063_c.jpg

25312475571_b18a467167_c.jpg

About this ship: I tried to make her paint scheme simmilar to that of the 'Revenant', kind of a 'corporate design' idea, which I might continue. So no fancy colors. I'm very pleased with her shape to be honest. It was a tough job designing her this low, since I had to manage hiding all the connections under deck, pretty hard considering the curvature. I'm especially fond of the way the stern turned out, along with the overhang (good you can build it without knowing the nautical term for it), which I tried for the first time. As always, she's buildable and would be stable enough, although she'd not be swooshable, 'cause of her size. The masts would be delicate, but - with internal flex tubes and proper (real) rigging - could be supported. Oh, and placing the water was more than a pain - but worth it.

Thanks for watching.

As always,

C&C welcome!

Vive le Roi!

Edited by Kolonialbeamter

Another masterful job! Beautiful lines! I intend to build a schooner at some point, so this gives me something to shoot for. I like the brick-built anchor; I may have to copy that. And thank you for supplying the comparison shot with the IFS; this really helps show its size.

I approve!

Excellent work! She is a real beauty, looks like your shipyard is far ahead of some of the others in design!

thumbup.gif

Wow you are really pumping out these quality ships! I fear our (self declared) supremacy of the seas may be under threat!!!! pir_laugh2.gif

Seriously though this is (another) fantastic ship. I love her sleek shape, she looks real fast and the way she tapers off towards the stern really enhances this look. I most definitely approve!! :thumbup:

Just when I thought you couldn't outdo yourself, you come along and prove me wrong. Great attention to detail, everything I would expect is there (except the ship's bell, did I miss the bell?), and the shape is perfect.

Am I correct to assume you use the hinge brick in designing the inward slope of the hull?

The term you’re looking for is “counter” and though I like seeing it though you might have a bit much of it. Otherwise she seems very well proportioned. I understand how difficult a low freeboard can be to simulate and keep it looking good. You’ve done a good job of it here though. It looks as though there should be channels for the mizzen mast like the forward two since they are all about the same size. I don’t know about the color on Revenant but here it fits great. This is much more of a late period style ship and we often think of ships in that time being less flash.

We’ve been seeing a lot of this style (or something like it) lately. In the digital environment is defiantly looks slick but I really do wonder about its real world viability. I too thought my LDD designs were feasible until I tried to build them. I would be more than curious to see one of these actually built.

Another approval :thumbup: , starting to worry about these pesky Oleonders. But your ship is beautiful.

Again, you made a magnificent vessel !

Oleon is really on a good run here ! The ships you designed you and your fellow oleander friends are great ! I always thought that Oleon is a nation of great ship makers !

So good job and I approve !

Well, well, colour me impressed! :pir-sweet:

This is a truly beautifully designed schooner. Especially the rigging steals the show for me - I wouldn't think brick-built sails could work that well! :pir-blush:

Of remarkable details, I would mention the brickbuilt cannons and swivels, the fact that you have made room for the boat on deck, the capstan (with capstan bars!) and that perfect anchor! :pir-sweet:

Of course, the overall shape of the hull is great too - it really looks like a long, sleek, blockade runner! The lack of ornaments make her look very utilitarian, and I like that.

My only suggestion would be to built it in brick and give it a more elaborate rigging, but you have already made some very pretty shrouds, so it is really nitpicking.

Overall, this is one pretty ship. Very well done! (That means I APPROVE! :pir-wink: )

You beat me to making the first schooner in the game! Those pesky Oleanders.

That aside, it is a beautiful and large schooner. I look forward to more beautiful ships from you.

thumbup.gif

Beautiful schooner KB. :pir-wub: As a kid I thought schooners were ugly but that's definitely not the case here. The rounding of the bow and tapering of the stern are really nice, and she is deceptively large. When I read 94 studs hull length my eyes got big, and I'm glad you gave us the shot comparing her to the Imperial Fishing Ship :pir-laugh: as something familiar to compare her to.

As previously mentioned the little details are excellent and I think the brick-built sails look better this way than any you've done before. :classic:

Good work and I approve. :thumbup:

First, I added another picture of her stern to the original post.

Sorry for replying late, but the weekend was rather busy circling around related matters.

I thank all of you for your approvals and comments, it's very much appreciated.

Excellent work! She is a real beauty, looks like your shipyard is far ahead of some of the others in design!

Thanks, Ska. This might be the case, but as we learn from history, numbers matter most. And in this aspect, one shipyard cannot win wars.

Wow you are really pumping out these quality ships! I fear our (self declared) supremacy of the seas may be under threat!!!! :pir_laugh2:

Don't worry, it was just me 'burning' my vacation days :pir-wink: Now it's back to normal.

Am I correct to assume you use the hinge brick in designing the inward slope of the hull?

You, Sir, are correct as always!

Again, you made a magnificent vessel !

I always thought that Oleon is a nation of great ship makers !

Now all that we need is more Oleanders to crew those vessels :pir-grin:

Where have you been hiding all of these fine builds you are blasting out?

No hiding, just hours and hours... and hours spent in a digital environment.

My only suggestion would be to built it in brick and give it a more elaborate rigging, but you have already made some very pretty shrouds, so it is really nitpicking.

Thanks, Bregir, I'd love to, but my fonds are reserved for a different project. In the far future, that is.

I would be more than curious to see one of these actually built.

Ah, the master of naval advice! Much appreciated, Kurigan. I'd love to see one, too. In the (far) future I'll lay my hands on something build in this technique, promise! So it's kind of in my own interest to see this work. So far all real test build structures have worked out.

Beautiful schooner KB.

Imperial Fishing Ship

CD, old salty sea dog! Thanks a bunch! And excellent interpretation of IFS :pir-grin:

CD, old salty sea dog!

:pir-look: :pir-look: :pir-look: How did you know I'm one of the Salty Sea Dogs?! Have Oleander spys been snooping 'round my shipyard? :pir-look: :pir-look:

You can be one yourself. At least that's the plan... but only with your permission.

Just hold this thought for a little while longer... :pir-wink:

Fantastic ship KB, lovely work on the hull and those sails, and the details on deck are superb as well! pirate_wubnew.gif The comparison with the Imperial Flagship really brings out the size, and the water around it does improve the presentation a lot (although I imagine it was a royal pain! pirate_look.gifpirate_laugh2.gif) Excellent job pumping out those ships this (last) month! pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_wink.gif Definitely approved! :thumbup: