So I went to the LEGOWorld Copenhagen 2016 along with thousand´s of other people last weekend.

It was a great event as usual for us fans of LEGO.

As i could bore you with an insane amount of pictures of all of the event I will focus only on the Fan area.

For now, most pictures are present. More will be added lateron! :classic:

25160933732_012e7c7c1b_c.jpg

As I wen´t along with my sister twins, I had to somewhat rush through the event ( well, I didnt get the time to talk to everyone as you can imagine how eager 5year old kids behave ) :laugh:

25279180535_8053276bd0_z.jpg

Another thing that is really a shame is that I thought I had my camera all setup for the event. For some reason a lot of the pictures were overexposed ( I think is the right word in English ).

I´ve been trying to the best of my ability to make all the pictures watchable afterall.

Hope that you will enjoy as much as I did.

Here we go:

25279180205_e926048d94_c.jpg

25252931716_0b837a3f56_c.jpg

24652397953_3e24c83f6e_b.jpg

24911507909_74a06287ab_c.jpg

Ulrik Hansen came up with the information that its creator is Søren Johansen from Byggepladen (DK), and Cowboy Gibson from Brikkelauget (NO)

24648554194_da865d8846_c.jpg

A representation called Dragons Lair. As a kid I spend an awefull lot of coins playing a game named the same at the local Arcade, now I´ve just been told by Ulrik Hansen, that i´ts actually a representation of Smaug from LOTR.

The creator is Sharon Vance from MichLUG (US).

A gorgeous creation indeed ! :classic:

25160932082_3bd3b003a8_c.jpg

24648549324_d5b52255dc_c.jpg

JanetVanD were there as well. Her Awesome creation Fortress of solitude was also one of my favorites. Im so sad that my pictures of it turned out so bad. This is the best I could present to you.

But check her creation out yall ! :classic:

24652401703_07c06ee2fd_c.jpg

25186032431_ab65a4fd0a_c.jpg

24983581310_3cbe97f682_c.jpg

24652400853_5f3d293eb4_c.jpg

24648552174_f336bd7f3a_c.jpg

Transformers.

These creations ( I know two are missing for now, will add pictures lateron ), can be transformed as the creator had an tablet showing the process.

This scale and the way they were made was beyond my skills.

Mindblowing to say the least.

24983580450_2c1852e133_c.jpg

My god ! STARCRAFT !!!!

These creations were also some of the best to me. I´ve been trying to build microscale Starcraft creations some years ago, but I only finished Terran and Protos. Zerg were the bane of my life.

Those organic forms to me is just insanely har to accomplish.

Cecilie is the woman who made these. I think she did it to what I think is the best that LEGO can offer for now with the part´s available.

So well done !

25186030961_fb08ae9cc0_c.jpg

24911504649_e8e66e7c18_c.jpg

24983579680_a90c9c90b8_c.jpg

25252925106_36ba252232_c.jpg

You can watch all of her Starcraft creations Here on Flickr.And they are definatly worth checking out.

Bricksonwheels were present. And while I´m mostly into Classic build´s or Historic themes, these just threw me of the floor.

Seeing these creations in real life was just the best part of the day.

So well build, so well presented. To top it Bricksonwheels is a really friendly guy.

Check out his book: The Art of LEGO Scale modelling.

25252927116_722d93f471_c.jpg

25279175755_0f4372d100_c.jpg

25279173955_8d46b05885_c.jpg

24652398893_97b1361e47_c.jpg

24911501819_9b25ba1a0b_c.jpg

Gulliver´s Island by Palle & Tina Haulrich of Byggepladen (DK).

A fun MOC that I would have never thought of making. This was also a thing that draw the twins as they had recently been told the story.

They enjoyed it as well as i did.

24652398703_9bab8c33a3_c.jpg

24911501679_281589492d_c.jpg

An Rasmus Klump Diorama. Build by these people from Byggepladen (DK): Anne Mette Vestergaard, Lasse Vestergaard, Helgi Toftegaard, Henrik Kunz and Jakob Hestbæk.

Again Ulrik Hansen came to help out telling us all who made this wonderful creation.

I have no clue as to what, if these Child book´s even exist´s in English. If they do please tell what they are called.

Another very well represented build with loads of awesome easily recognisable features from these kid´s stories.

25186029791_611263b06f_c.jpg

25279175135_7e450762fd_c.jpg

24911503019_e308248155_c.jpg

25279173365_c92e6a1f2f_b.jpg

For now most of the pictures are here. Next step is to add text and so on.

Im not quite done with the whole of the event. Busy busy. But will add more when I have some sparetime to spend on this post.

I hope you got something out of it and enjoyed the pictures as well as the builds.

If you know who made any of the MOC´s i havent yet named the creators of, please give me a hint so i can add proper links to the user, or at least link´s to their respective Flickr, or whatever they use to publish their creations. :classic:

All C and C will be appreciated. Dont hold back.

KlodsBrik

Edited by KlodsBrik

Wow, lucky. Anything new, or REALLY interesting? :)

If you mean Set wise, not really .... A few Elves sets were displayed. But as far as I know, they have already been show´n at other events. An City helicopter was the only thing im aware of that was new ( have posted a few pictures in the City forum ).

Then there were a teaser for the upcomming Porche Technic set. a 1:1 model. Half LEGO half Porche. But that´s it to my aknowledge.

24771490779_796cae8eb6_z.jpg

Personally however, Im more into making MOC´s. So the fan area was what got my attention.

I might have missed out on something, but I think that a lot of very enjoyable builds were shown at the FA indeed ! :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik

My god ! STARCRAFT !!!!

These creations were also some of the best to me. I´ve been trying to build microscale Starcraft creations some years ago, but I only finished Terran and Protos. Zerg were the bane of my life.

Those organic forms to me is just insanely har to accomplish.

The woman who had made these did it to what I think is the best that LEGO can offer for now with the part´s available.

So well done !

Those Starcraft builds are by Cecilie https://www.flickr.c...157653176438278

MOC: StarCraft Zerg Ultralisk

Protoss probe

Thanks for sharing. I went there on saturday and got a good chance to see it all without taking a single picture (typical me). I'm doing the layout on our LUG magazine (Byggebladet) so I just came across some of the names behind the MOCs. As follows:

The dragon is in fact Smaug from the Lord of the Rings. The artist is Sharon Vance from MichLUG (US). I recently did an interview with her for the our magazine, so that's how I know :) Her mosaic is 100% manually created (no software image conversion stuff).

The Classic Space theme is by Søren Johansen from Byggepladen (DK) and someone else I don't recall.

Gulliver´s Island by Palle & Tina Haulrich of Byggepladen (DK). The big Gulliver on the beach is a playmobil figure recreated in LEGO bricks (of course). At one point they had gotten the business card minifigs of both Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen and Jørgen Vig Knudstorp (who both showed up at LW on friday) and they placed the minifigs prominently on top of the playmobile figure to the great amusement of Kjeld and Jørgen :)

The Rasmus Klump-layout (Bruin/Petzi) is build by these people from Byggepladen (DK): Anne Mette Vestergaard, Lasse Vestergaard, Helgi Toftegaard, Henrik Kunz and Jakob Hestbæk.

Thnx for visiting our scale modeling booth. Glad you liked it!

Oh, it was great to see all of your creations !

Those Starcraft builds are by Cecilie https://www.flickr.c...157653176438278

Thanks, proper credits added above.

Thanks for sharing. I went there on saturday and got a good chance to see it all without taking a single picture (typical me). I'm doing the layout on our LUG magazine (Byggebladet) so I just came across some of the names behind the MOCs. As follows:

Youre welcome.

And thanks for all the information on who did made these builds. Proper credits added above.

I so need to become part of Byggepladen soon. I talked to the woman who made "Egeskov slot" ( Isn´t it ? ). You must know her. Would be so fun to actually take part in the events instead of just visiting them. :classic:

Im unfortunately busy busy, so still have a lot of stuff to add to this post. Hope I will have some hours lateron today.

Sorry that I have to do it like this. But my PC crashed 3 times when i first sat down to post the topic, so i lost all work 3 times. ( I gotta save my work now and then ).

Anyhow, more to come. :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik

Youre welcome.

And thanks for all the information on who did made these builds. Proper credits added above.

I so need to become part of Byggepladen soon. I talked to the woman who made "Egeskov slot" ( Isn´t it ? ). You must know her. Would be so fun to actually take part in the events instead of just visiting them. :classic:

You are very welcome. LW is a very effective AFOL recruiting event :wink: Rasmus Klump is called Rasmus Nalle in Swedish, Bruin in English and Petzi in German etc. (wiki). I used to work as a graphic designer at the company that managed the franchise before it was purchased by the Egmont Group.

Edited by Ulrik Hansen

The Classic Space theme is by Søren Johansen from Byggepladen (DK) and someone else I don't recall.

The someone else would be CowboyGibson from Brikkelauget (NO).

The someone else would be CowboyGibson from Brikkelauget (NO).

Thanks for that info, have added his Flickr account ( as I found pictures of the CS build there ), whereas the above link to his profile really doesn´t add anything useful, as he haven´t been active here on EB at all ! :laugh:

Indeed he hasn't, I just wasn't sure if I should credit him under full name or handle. Though now I see that he has his full name on his Flickr account, so I guess it would have been okay. :blush: