bobbrick999

Lego Facade only 6 studs wide

Lego Facade,all this is only six studs wide! and has a brick count of less than just one modular building,The idea behind this model is to allow collectors who struggle with space for the large modular buildings to display this with ease on any standard shelf.

with a brick count of less than one normal modular build you get three,There is the hardware store with tools for sale,a hat shop just in case your mini figures want a new look,and last but not least a fish store for all your pet fish needs,be careful tho the contractors tearing up the walk way.

All the stores have goodies inside to play with and a few secrets to discover as well ?

This model would be ideal for people on a budget,with limited space, or have a gap that needs filling in there Lego city.also ideal as a standalone set.more details on Lego Ideas

2339965-o_1acei14mf17fpiqm1eje1k021ke17-full.png2339971-o_1acei3or41nlj1gms1ehlgj6c5ah-full.png2339974-o_1acei45ql1nv415n663cqik1fgbm-full.png2339968-o_1acei35lr72f5puh3ihr52hvc-full.png

This is a great idea. I'm going to be placing my layout in a corner and I think I'll take this idea and use it for the buildings that will be placed against the 2 walls.

Thanks for the inspiration.

A lot of people seem to have gaps in there city layouts, but with not enough room for a full modular building,so I thought it would be handy if Lego made gap filling sets like this one. Im glad it has inspired you. it would be good to see how something like this actually looks in a city layout.

Edited by bobbrick999

This is how I made my designs when I was a child (albeit not nearly as nice!)... I like this quite a bit... nice job!

EDIT: I guess this was my first post!! I've been lurking :)

Edited by JayLJohnston

It's 6 studs deep, not 6 studs wide.

But great creation.

6 is a good deep (and the most accurate if you use 8x16 baseplates) but 8 is more versatil (let you create irregular facades).

I'm going to study your buildings and take notes because I use to build also 3 walls buildings.

Hi thanks for your encouraging words I'm glad you like it, also just a bit of advice, it is six studs wide as stated. Width is determined by the smallest linear plane with in a dimension ,and the largest being lenth, you could say six studs deep if you like though :)

Hi thanks for your encouraging words I'm glad you like it, also just a bit of advice, it is six studs wide as stated. Width is determined by the smallest linear plane with in a dimension ,and the largest being lenth, you could say six studs deep if you like though :)

Is this rule codified somewhere?

Because I always had the impression that the view point or the obvious front of something determines what is width and what is depth.

I'm just curious because I never heard of that.

Hi tokru, yes it is . there is no depth in a linar plane only width and length ,depth is the distance from the top surface/point to a sub surface/point.

I fell that this thread is going of topic .