Ayrlego

[COR -Feb FB3] Lavender Patch and Apiary, Arlinsport, Tiberia

Hi again, I've been busy for the end of the month!

For my first plantation I've gone for what I think may be a slightly different approach. Tiberia is outside of the tropical zone and the information we have says that it is not suitable for typical cash crops. Being more temperate I've gone for a more traditional 'old world' type farm with a twist. The farmer's name is a nod to 18th century Swiss naturalist François Huber who pioneered our modern understanding of bees. Hope you enjoy!

Also this is my third freebuild for February, so if you are not from Corrington, please feel free to show your approval!!!

25267466605_10971b4049_c.jpg

Dirk Allcock's third and final investment in Arlinsport is also his proudest. During his short stay he meet a very interesting character named Frank Huber. Frank and his young daughter had recently arrived in Arlinsport hoping for a better life after Frank's wife died in childbirth. Frank had it in his head to buy a small plot of land and farm lavender. He was convinced that there was a market for the dried flowers and oil amongst rich Corlanders to alleviate some of the awful smells of day to day life. While this idea held a certain appeal for Dirk, it was in fact Frank's ideas on bee keeping that made Dirk secure a small property just outside Arlinsport for the Huber family. Frank had a new design for a portable beehive that he believed would allow him to collect honey without destroying the bee hive and most importantly, the queen bee. Hopefully the combination of honey and lavender would make a wise investment.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

As a beekeeping enthusiast....I approve! :thumbup:

I love that tree and fence....very nice!

Awesome work!

Edited by Vedauwoo

I defenitely approve too! :thumbup:

I really like the idea of a more old-world based farm, and IT is excellently executed!

Very nice serene scene. :thumbup: Your base even has the same signature look as your challenge 1 entry.

Oh yes ! Great idea !

The lavender crops are great and combine with the apiary it is just better !

Good job. I approve !

I really love how you took the extra challenge of doing a semi-rounded approach (e.g. the fence). This was definitely worth it, great result.

Definitely :thumbup:

This is just beautiful! Building keeps getting better and better here! The scenery is beautiful, the lavenders too, the tree, the plowed soil, the beekeeping mini scene... And most of all, cows!cows!cows!

I wholeheartedly approve!

The beehive with the honeycomb is so clever, the bees themselves (or are they daffodils?) and the lavender is so appealing. Its a beautiful scene, with so much thought in the details.

I wish I could approve but as a loyal supporter of Corrington, I cannot, so will leave that to others.

Awwwhh. This is so pretty, it makes me want to live there. Unfortunately, it's Red territory pirate_wink.gif

But it reminds me of the lavender fields that cover Oleon's south also, so there's that. Cannot have Corries claim lavender. Sacre Bleu! pirate_laugh2.gif

Now, this is such a marvelous creation, it just 'feels' totally right, colors, shapes, landscaping, details.

Love it!

Here's my approval thumbup.gif

This is a beautiful build in both idea and execution, from the diagonal fields, over the fence, cows and vegetaion, to the apiary. And the frame looks really good too.

As I cannot approve, I will only say that this is absolutely lovely. :pir-blush:

Beautiful; everywhere I look pure beauty. The field is really nice, particularly the use of brown and tan to separate the rows from the rest of the ground. Of course, the tree looks great as well, and the use of the lattice-piece for the beekeeper's hive is genius!

I approve :thumbup:.

Thank you very much everyone for the comments and approvals.

The beehive with the honeycomb is so clever, the bees themselves (or are they daffodils?) and the lavender is so appealing. Its a beautiful scene, with so much thought in the details.

I wish I could approve but as a loyal supporter of Corrington, I cannot, so will leave that to others.

I built them as daffodils (inspired by this build here), although now you mention it they could maybe double as bees!

This is just beautiful! Building keeps getting better and better here! The scenery is beautiful, the lavenders too, the tree, the plowed soil, the beekeeping mini scene... And most of all, cows!cows!cows!

I wholeheartedly approve!

I thought you may appreciate the cows! I managed to pick them up for US$2 each from a Bricklink store in China. They were advertised as having their heads super glued in place. I managed to brute force one open, but the other is stuck solid. Now all I need is to find some reasonably priced goats.... (fat chance! pirate_cry4.gif )

Edited by Ayrlego

Solid build; looks as if you put a giant knife in the ground and cut out this scene. Love these plantations/farms...

As an Eslandolan, you have my approval.

Lots to like about this build, the plants and ground variations are great! The beehive is a great addition! :thumbup:

This is such a great build that I keep coming back to look at it. I especially like the tree, and the bee hive, and the pasture, and the lavender plants. Ok, so maybe I like it all.

This whole thing is great. The beehive, the flowers, the tree. I really like the field too, I think making it at an angle really helped the whole thing. I approve!

Beautiful little scene. I like the angled rows, the curved fence, and all the other colorful details. Excellent job with the plants and ground texturing. This is indeed a unique take on a plantation and it turned out very well.

Approved! :thumbup: