Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR-Feb FB2] The Captain's Daughter Tavern, Arlinsport, Tiberia

Hello everyone, a small artesian build and my first property. I was very impressed by Mike S's modular style Amelia Street buildings and have attempted another in the same style. While his are obviously from the more wealthy and tidier part of town, I wanted a darker feel for what is supposed to be an (ever so slightly) seedy tavern! Not entirely happy with the result, but here it is.

Oh, and in an unrelated note, this is my 100th post, and so I reach the dizzying heights of Eurobricks Citizen!!! :pir-laugh:

25266307585_b8527777f3_c.jpg 24635678644_f536cd276d_c.jpg

Dirk Allcock's second investment in Arlinsport was a small tavern named 'The Captain's Daughter'. Some describe Tiberia as a gloomy place, but one thing is sure, it is full of sailors, soldiers, smugglers and adventurers, all of whom have a reputation as liking a good drink (or two... or four....). Surely investing in a tavern is a sure thing right?!!!

Nicely done! I like your take on this style... I can picture this right along the street facing the docks- Aiden Coyle will be sure to visit to hire some more ship hands when he is in town.

Beautiful tavern :pir-wub: and a welcome addition to the Corrington empire.

It's a very good take on that type of design, and the different types of building materials go together really well. It's a small establishment but nicely detailed. The weapons wrack, bar area, and elevated doorway look great. I like the dark grey contrast at the street level and of course the roof is fine. Good work. :classic:

Nice one. You beat me to posting a tavern :-) but yours is much more impressive. The frontage is beautiful. Nice idea to have a dance hall at the top, I am guessing thats not a purist lego violin, I wish they made one.

This is one really good looking tavern! And you can never go wrong with a tavern. I seriously dont know why you dont like it but i find it awesome ! Both the exterior and the interior is well built and the roof technique is my favourite of all.

Corries are on fire these days... And what a beautiful fire it is!

Proud Oleon approves!

First things first: Congrats on your citizenship pirate_satisfied.gif Now... pay taxes! pirate_laugh2.gif

But you're doing that by eventually licensing this establishment, if I understood the ongoing tax discussion correctly. So, good job on your civic duties!

Now brick talk. I like your bar a lot! Clean build, good choice of colors, fits Mike's Amalia Street style perfectly. Had this the chance to be approved, I would do so with delight pirate_wubnew.gif

However, to me it seems to be a rather noble establishment, not a shady bar. To achieve that, you could 'crack' some floor tiles, have more irregularities in the build, and 'dirty up' the place. And maybe add a brawl.

But, as I said, great job on this one,

keep it up!

Very pretty tavern, there. I really like this style of openbacked, Amelia Street buildings, and hope to see more. (I might even contribute at one point my self! I like the interiors and the lively feel of the people gathered, but my favourite is the exterior.

I actually thinks it looks rather classy and reputable. Montoye will most definitely visit it next he is in Arlinsport!

Well done!

Very nice build Ayrlego, and congrats on your citizenship (now before you know it you'll be a Arch-Duke or something! pirate_laugh_new.gif) The exterior is excellent (I particularly like the first story there! :pir-wub:), but the interior is very nice as well! It's nice to see our Corry neighbors building up their settlements! pirate_satisfied.gif

Really nice build. The exterior, especially the wood-beam section, looks wonderful, and the interior is really well done.

For a seedier part of town, I think this structure is a little too nice. The exterior is clearly worn, but it still looks clean and well kept. Some garbage and holes/cracks in the plaster and stonework would certainly help.

Thank you everyone for your comments!

That tavern looks smashing, mate!

I was just thinking about building a drinking hole and had that same idea of a weapons rack.

Thanks, I was actually quite surprised no body beat me too it in Arlinsport! Plenty of room for more - pretty sure a port can never have enough taverns!

Nice one. You beat me to posting a tavern :-) but yours is much more impressive. The frontage is beautiful. Nice idea to have a dance hall at the top, I am guessing thats not a purist lego violin, I wish they made one.

Thanks BrickOn, sorry I beat you to the post! Like I said though, plenty of room for more. I like how your's has that beach like establishment feel. Like something on the beach in 'Black Sails'. The violin is indeed non-purist - from Brickforge. I figured it would fit right in in this type of establishment.

This is one really good looking tavern! And you can never go wrong with a tavern. I seriously dont know why you dont like it but i find it awesome ™! Both the exterior and the interior is well built and the roof technique is my favourite of all.

Corries are on fire these days... And what a beautiful fire it is!

Proud Oleon approves!

Thanks, I think that for a tavern I had so much I wanted to include, but I also wanted to restrict myself to 16x16 - so that's probably why I was less than happy. On reflection now though, I am actually quite pleased!

First things first: Congrats on your citizenship pirate_satisfied.gif Now... pay taxes! pirate_laugh2.gif

But you're doing that by eventually licensing this establishment, if I understood the ongoing tax discussion correctly. So, good job on your civic duties!

Now brick talk. I like your bar a lot! Clean build, good choice of colors, fits Mike's Amalia Street style perfectly. Had this the chance to be approved, I would do so with delight pirate_wubnew.gif

However, to me it seems to be a rather noble establishment, not a shady bar. To achieve that, you could 'crack' some floor tiles, have more irregularities in the build, and 'dirty up' the place. And maybe add a brawl.

But, as I said, great job on this one,

keep it up!

I agree, in retrospect it does seem alittle tame. Maybe us Corries are just a well behaved and orderly people!! pirate_laugh2.gif

Very pretty tavern, there. I really like this style of openbacked, Amelia Street buildings, and hope to see more. (I might even contribute at one point my self! I like the interiors and the lively feel of the people gathered, but my favourite is the exterior.

I actually thinks it looks rather classy and reputable. Montoye will most definitely visit it next he is in Arlinsport!

Well done!

Thanks Bregir, I'm toying with the idea of keeping it built (although gutting the interior as I'll need all those brown tiles) and adding some more in Amelia street style.

Edited by Ayrlego

Great build, really like the dark grey stripe on the bottom! :thumbup: