Sign in to follow this  
Lord Vladivus

Snakes, Falcons and the Dead.

The clash of metal on metal emanated from the inner citadel, as the leaderless Shadowmere Guard followed the last command the fallen Necromancer, Krell had channelled through his staff: ATTACK!

24344422419_940dc50c08_c.jpg

For weeks now, the remaining living troops had been embroiled in skirmishes with the undead. It was all coming to a head- Lady Sithanna and Sir Eothain the Insane lead the offensive, holding the famed Obsidian Road. Predating the founding of Shadowmere, it lead to a central island where the main citadel was located. This island was ringed by roiling lava flows, making it easy to defend.

24085250243_09a76c32c1_c.jpg

The fighting was hard and fierce, but with a sudden speed, the Shadowmere Guard ceased combat. The forces of Sithanna and Eothain gathered themselves, and the two leaders ventured out onto the bridge.

24344420709_af4e0c562c_c.jpg

Standing before them was the traitor, Fenrir Bloodcloak, accompanied by warriors of both Nocturnus and Avalonia, and bearing the staff of Krell. That's why the zombies stopped fighting, he has control of them, thought Sithanna, careful to keep her shock hidden,

"Why are you here traitor?" asked Sithanna.

"This is my home Sithanna. Not yours or your pet birds. I come with the forces of Dronds Feelds to restore order to this mighty citadel. Even now they assault the walls, and the Shadowmere Guard. I will remove the corruption at it's heart." replied the wolf.

"Corruption? I suppose an agent of the Spire knows all about corruption!" snapped Sithanna, her anger palpable.

"Why don't we ask one then?" growled Fenrir, turning to Eothain.

The Black Falcon reacted with great speed, leaping at Fenrir who barely had time to raise his axe to block the lightning blow that descended.

24085253153_55f37cde89_c.jpg

Their blades clashed, but Fenrir uttered words in an ancient tongue and levelled Krell's staff at the Falcon.

A blinding flash and a puff of smoke appeared and Fenrir was thrown back.

24085248573_eef3f096cb_c.jpg

As the smoke cleared, it became clear that another creature stood in the Falcon's place- a crowned snake wielding a mighty scythe.

24712113215_df9a0bc99c_c.jpg

The snake fought simply to escape, and as Sithanna joined the duel, he forced his way though Fenrir's forces, faster than anyone could catch.

24594317122_fccc5c83cb_c.jpg

Fenrir then bowed before Sithanna.

"I am truly sorry my lady. Eothain was never truly ours. He has manipulated us from the beginning. I... I have done things I am not proud of. Vladivus is slain, on his orders, by my hand. Without the staff of Krell, Shadowmere would have fallen. An iron fist is needed to keep the warriors of the Shadowmere in line. The creature posing as Eothain was the self-styled "KIng of Snakes", an agent of the Black Spire. There are few as degenerate as him gods be thankful..."

Sithanna interrupted him at this point;

"We have much to discuss. Follow me." She had realised that regardless of who Fenrir was, without the Falcons, who seemed to have vanished, her Manbats would be unable to match Fenrir's forces. He had won this battle.

Fenrir turned to a ghostly warrior beside him.

"Come old friend, lets go home."

24085248463_e0f0df67f1_c.jpg

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Ahaha, great conclusion of your story. It seems you tricked us all! That's probably the finest plot you've developed so far. Also cheers to Titus' part in it.

About the build I can only say that I like it very much. It all focusses on the centre in the middle, the bridge. Great how the whole diorama supports the story.

And wonderful figures you've created! Really love that snake guy. And that familiar ghost....really gave me a love when I got it.

Like Jacob said, nice conclusion to the story and a great collab by you and Titus. The build itself is impressive, didn't know a lava ting surrounded Shadowmere's main fortress.

I thought we might see Vladivus in some form again. The lava moat/river is a great choice for a Nocty environment :thumbup: The storyline, as always, is quite interesting, and I like how you illustrated the duel :classic:

The intensity of this battle is obviously clear, epic scene(ery)! :thumbup: Many great figures, including the "King of the Snakes", Eothain, the man-bats and the werewolf standing near the tree. Great army building, also. A great wrap-up of your story! :classic:

Excellent build, LV! The bridge and landscape are great, I like the mix of light and dark bley in the rockwork :thumbup: